Quantcast

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

Folks are so hating this.. I love it. 56 Leonard NYC
Think it looks cool and ad some flavor to the skyline. I like the brown one in the foreground which is a block from my office. Vey retro but I really lke the curved balconies except that they face 6th avenue so its going to be noisy.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Think it looks cool and ad some flavor to the skyline. I like the brown one in the foreground which is a block from my office. Vey retro but I really lke the curved balconies except that they face 6th avenue so its going to be noisy.
They are spectacular inside. I was on a lower floor and the 6th ave noise was pretty loud on the patio but inside the condo it was not so bad. I like that you call it 6th ave. Geddy Lee from Rush is their neighbor.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
you had her put down?

Its the foster Cat my friend just adopted she is huge. I am thinking of bringing her over and let her beat up my Cat so she will come around. The theory is if she can acclimate to the cat. She may be more receptive to the dog. Because Blackie loves the dog. If Blackie and Peanut get along.... I hope it works....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
hmmmm. who would have thought you could make that dirty cesspit of despair look pretty in a picture.... I used to walk through there every day for 5 years when I started my first "real" job. The smell of garbage on the curb on a hot summer morning is all I associate with that place....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
hmmmm. who would have thought you could make that dirty cesspit of despair look pretty in a picture.... I used to walk through there every day for 5 years when I started my first "real" job. The smell of garbage on the curb on a hot summer morning is all I associate with that place....
I remember going there as a little kid. It was the most amazing place I had ever seen. I am told it is even cooler now. My cousins have a Lace shop in there somewhere.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Who knows... It might be that I've entered the "get off my lawn" demographic, but I remember it used to be a real market. Now it's full of trendy night clubs and gift shops. Any attempt the city has made to make it more attractive has just made it more commercial and a tourist trap. Imho of course...