Quantcast

Red Sox Are The Champions!!!!!!

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
I don't think my beloved St. Louis Cardinals realized that this was the World Series and not Spring training.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Bu-bye Curse! :thumb:
Awesome baseball.
I am currently drowning Guinness in celebration.
This is an awesome night.
The only downer was the horrific performance from that skinflute from
Creed during the 7th inning stretch. To quote my wife, "He must have a
hell of an agent." :nope:
Anyway, Party on.
Go Sox!!
1918 to 2004.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Jeremy R said:
The only downer was the horrific performance from that skinflute from Creed during the 7th inning stretch. To quote my wife, "He must have a hell of an agent." :nope:
:stupid:

I agree, what the hell was up with that? I'm surprised that guy can show his face in public anymore. :stosh:

But the baseball, oh my. Awesome series, the Sox just totally outplayed the Cardinals, no question about it. And you gotta love Johnny Damon's lead off homer. That was sweet.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Brian HCM#1 said:
Awesome series!!!!! What more can I say :thumb:

Awesome series? The series sucked...The least the Cardinals could've done is show up for one game.

Anyways, props to the Red Sox and their fans. After suffering for so long they finally taste success.

Time for the Boston cops to start shooting out of control fans.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Joe Pozer said:
Awesome series? The series sucked...The least the Cardinals could've done is show up for one game.

Anyways, props to the Red Sox and their fans. After suffering for so long they finally taste success.

Time for the Boston cops to start shooting out of control fans.
I'll ALWAYS pull for the AL team no matter what. I feel bad for LaRussa, his last WS he was swept too. Well I only cared when it was Oakland getting swept, but an AL team doing it is way cool. You're still bitter cause your Yankees CHOKED real real bad :thumb:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
this was a great team, a really fun team to watch. long live the 2004 red sox. great season, what a way to cap it.
Yes they were, I'm so glad the A's didn't go to the playoffs this year, cause the Red Sox would have mopped them up too.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Brian HCM#1 said:
You're still bitter cause your Yankees CHOKED real real bad :thumb:

I'll be the first to admit that the Yanks choked big time and it was a great ALCS, but come on, its the World Series. At least play like you belong there.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
narlus said:
maybe the boston pitching was good enough to shut down a team which won 105 games? i'd say that would be my theory.
Keith Foulke all the way baby! He was sooooo dominant.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I'm just glad I don't have to hear about a freaking curse anymore.:rolleyes:

I have essentially given up on ALL "pro" sports - most recently hockey as I've found it's much more fun to build trails and ride. I'm ALWAYS a champion that way.:cool:

All the same, props to the Sox fans for FINALLY having something to cheer about.:thumb:
This is coming from a person that rooted for the Yankees when he was still into baseball (last season I even watched the Series was '98).

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
HELL ****ING YA, THIS IS THE SINGLE GREATEST MOMENT IN MY LIFE....EVEN THOUGH IM ONLY 19, HA o well!!! HELL ****ING YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOO SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
lanman said:
HELL ****ING YA, THIS IS THE SINGLE GREATEST MOMENT IN MY LIFE....EVEN THOUGH IM ONLY 19, HA o well!!! HELL ****ING YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOO SOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
congrats/that's too bad :D

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
My Cards pitched a horrible series........it was good to see them back in the World Series but they could have atleast won one game :dead:

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
SWEET!! The Sox busses just drove right by my room!! They halted traffic and everybody was getting out of their cars and/or honking their horns, sweet!!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wow! I am still in shock. Just incredible. The Red Sox won the World f'n Series. Even saying it aloud is cool. They f'n won. Man that was great! .....jdcamb

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WOO HOO! :dancing:

Man is it great to be a Red Sox fan this morning. You know, winning the World Series is an awesome feat anytime, but to beat the Yankee asses the way we did in the process makes this so much sweeter. It's better than I could have ever imagined.

No more chanting of CURSES or BUCKNER or BOONE or BABE or DENT or 19effing18.

Life is good.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It's history, baby!

Greatest comeback in baseball history, longest winning streak in post season history, AND 86 years of Red Sox history undone.

I almost called in sick today to drive to Boston and watch the madness..

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Boston is just now cursed with throngs of obnoxious fair weathered fans, just like the Yankees. Saw the game at a bar last night filled with people wearing their just purchased 2 days ago RedSox hats. Most have never been north of Maryland and couldn't tell you anything about the Sox that they hadn't heard on the radio in the past week and a half.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Boston is just now cursed with throngs of obnoxious fair weathered fans, just like the Yankees. Saw the game at a bar last night filled with people wearing their just purchased 2 days ago RedSox hats. Most have never been north of Maryland and couldn't tell you anything about the Sox that they hadn't heard on the radio in the past week and a half.
Yeah, that happens no matter what sport and what team is on the verge of winning. Seems to me that the entire legion of Mets fans has climbed on board the bandwagon. That's ok though, plenty of room for all. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah, that happens no matter what sport and what team is on the verge of winning.
I didn't seen too many Diamondbacks or Marlins fans pop out of the woodwork. I guess the big test is going to be how many hip hop videos include oversized "B" hats and Throw back Jerseys.

I Are Baboon said:
Seems to me that the entire legion of Mets fans has climbed on board the bandwagon. That's ok though, plenty of room for all. :)
Well everyone is proud of the guys for beating the Evil Empire, getting the World Series is a just reward.

Let's go Mets!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
y'know i thought they had it until they were down 3 games to the Yankees. Then when they humiliated the yanks i figured they deserved to win the World Series. :D Sweeping the Cards is definately a feat as well, they were a solid solid team....
this is how i really feel about the deal. Boston is a city that i never had nor never really will have any sympathy for. Especially now since their Sox have won. i mean it's not like the city has had to live without a championship since 1918 or whenever their last one was. In just the last 20 years or so i believe the Celtics have won, the Patriots have won 2 superbowls just recently, and i'm not sure about the Bruins, hockey's lame.... So to me Boston's like the parents that don't care about any of their kids except their favorite one (Red Sox) and now their in a tizzy over this championship, it's really kinda lame if you think about it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Skookum said:
y'know i thought they had it until they were down 3 games to the Yankees. Then when they humiliated the yanks i figured they deserved to win the World Series. :D Sweeping the Cards is definately a feat as well, they were a solid solid team....
this is how i really feel about the deal. Boston is a city that i never had nor never really will have any sympathy for. Especially now since their Sox have won. i mean it's not like the city has had to live without a championship since 1918 or whenever their last one was. In just the last 20 years or so i believe the Celtics have won, the Patriots have won 2 superbowls just recently, and i'm not sure about the Bruins, hockey's lame.... So to me Boston's like the parents that don't care about any of their kids except their favorite one (Red Sox) and now their in a tizzy over this championship, it's really kinda lame if you think about it.
Boston is a baseball town first. Always has been. The Patriots have won 21 games in a row and NOBODY CARES right now. :D Besides, this is not about just the city of Boston...it's about Red Sox fans everywhere.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
WOW!!!!

I can no die in peace, if only my Grandfather could have seen this.

This is WICKED awesome!

The Yanks now will have to think of all new derogatory chants, and we get some for them, like: Chokers, 2004, and my favorite A Rod sucks, ...

It is now a blessing for the Red Sox that the A Rod deal fell through.

I have to say, I think the Sox applied some principles from the Pats: teamwork, score first, etc.

I still can't believe it!!!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Damn True said:
Wow...wonder if Billy Bean wishes he'd held onto Foulke and Damon?
Damon played the same way at the beginning of the NY series as he did in the playoffs with Oakland, totally worthless. Unfortunatly the A's couldn't afford them.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Skookum said:
i mean it's not like the city has had to live without a championship since 1918 or whenever their last one was. In just the last 20 years or so i believe the Celtics have won, the Patriots have won 2 superbowls just recently, and i'm not sure about the Bruins, hockey's lame.... So to me Boston's like the parents that don't care about any of their kids except their favorite one (Red Sox) and now their in a tizzy over this championship, it's really kinda lame if you think about it.
well, having grown in in the area since the mid 60s, i was too young to enjoy the bobby orr era bruins, the last time they won the cup. current ownership (jeremy jacobs) is too cheap to pay a team which can take on the upper elite in the league, so they are pretty much doomed to a one playoff series and out kind of existence for the foreseeable future.

before belichek, the patriots historically were not a good team (despite parcells' efforts to get them to the bowl; and BS will shirley (he he) chime in about the 46-10 pasting of the "berry the bears" team...). we all know the sox history. and the celtics lost all their momentum the minute len bias hit the crack pipe too hard. the bird/parish/mchale era was the shining moment of boston sports history for me, but those days have been gone for a long time.

J

JRB

gschuette said:
I don't think my beloved St. Louis Cardinals realized that this was the World Series and not Spring training.
Hahaha - maybe they will stop warming up to kiddie punk now. :D