Quantcast

Red Sox Are The Champions!!!!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i thought that that a$$hole rocking back and forth in the tree should have taken a cheekful of shotgun rock salt.

i'm toying w/ the idea of going to the parade. it will be a madhouse, but what the hell. and i don't think otis has ever been to the city.

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
Westy said:
Boston is just now cursed with throngs of obnoxious fair weathered fans, just like the Yankees. Saw the game at a bar last night filled with people wearing their just purchased 2 days ago RedSox hats. Most have never been north of Maryland and couldn't tell you anything about the Sox that they hadn't heard on the radio in the past week and a half.

yea I heard that. of course I'm a yankee fan (but a fan even when they are NOT winning), but I guess the sox had to win sometime. They deserved it after coming back frm being down 3. I figure they'll win it again come about 2090...

GO YANKEES 2005

qualude

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
The County of Kings
I am all for the Sox winning...it was a great run!! The one thing that is bothersome though, is that another great sports story has now passed by the wayside to be lost in time. The drought that made the Sox the team they are, or were before last night-is one of the best stories in sports. Congrats Sox and Boston, but I am sad to see the death of another great story.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
qualude said:
I am all for the Sox winning...it was a great run!! The one thing that is bothersome though, is that another great sports story has now passed by the wayside to be lost in time. The drought that made the Sox the team they are, or were before last night-is one of the best stories in sports. Congrats Sox and Boston, but I am sad to see the death of another great story.
I agree, the Sox used to be a great story. Now that they won the story line in my head is reading "The second most expensive team kind of bought a WS"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Sure as hell beats spending that kind of money and choking. :)
The Red Sox shopped around. The Yankees just bought whatever had the highest price tag assuming it was the best. Althought there are going to be a few RedSox players with really high price tags walking around. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
guaranteed that either pedro or lowe are not on next year's squad, perhaps both. i do hope they sign varitek, he's a great catcher. and i saw that schilling had a clause in his contract, saying that he'd get a $2MM raise and automatic extension kick in if they win the world series. he said that it wasn't nearly the rib-cracker now than it was then.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I thought it was pretty funny when on the last play of the game, Keith Foulke had the ball, and he obviously realized it was over, and wasn't going to screw the throw over to first up and almost ran all the way to first base before throwing the ball underhand. :p

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
guaranteed that either pedro or lowe are not on next year's squad, perhaps both. i do hope they sign varitek, he's a great catcher. and i saw that schilling had a clause in his contract, saying that he'd get a $2MM raise and automatic extension kick in if they win the world series. he said that it wasn't nearly the rib-cracker now than it was then.
Lowe is as good as gone. After his performance in the playoffs, there is NO WAY the Sox will pay him what he wants. Add the fact that Scott Boras is his agent. Someone is going to give Lowe a big fat multiyear contract and will probably overpay, and I'll be happy for him. I do think there is a good chance Pedro returns and I think Tek is a lock to be back.

splat

Nam I am
B_A_MTBIKER said:
Hooray! No more curse, now what other team has a long standing drought that could win it next year.
Chicago White Sox - 1917
Chicago Cubs - 1908

In other words Chicago!!!

But as far as who's gone and who is staying, I think Pedro is 50-50 and the only other team who can afford him will be the Yankees , I mean he wanted $18 million/ year before the season started . that is $1 Mill a win. and George is really going to be out for pitching after pitching let them down in the playoffs.

Lowe , I Think he is Gone . I really hope they keep Varitek.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Brian HCM#1 said:
I can't believe with the talent that team has they did as bad as they did. Then again my A's choked when it counted. :mad:

More like their hitting went south down the stretch...now the Yankees, they choked when it counted. :angry:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I gotta ask cause I don't know much about the guy.. WTF is the deal with John Henry? Is his face made of plastic? From another planet? He certainly doesn't look human.