Quantcast

Reddish Knob round 2

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I am off to Nevada on the 30th, so you'll have to ride in the spirit of your fat ancestors for me.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I already organized a XC trip for the 1st so I can't back out. Had I known this was going to happen before I would have been in. While I prefer to climb, I also enjoy the company of the RM homies and wanted to meet several of you. A day with the fellow monkies is a day well spent :cool:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
mud'n'sweat said:
I already organized a XC trip for the 1st so I can't back out. Had I known this was going to happen before I would have been in. While I prefer to climb, I also enjoy the company of the RM homies and wanted to meet several of you. A day with the fellow monkies is a day well spent :cool:

I did not realize you were a tighty whitey weight weenie XC type dude...:rolleyes:

:p :D

Will miss ya.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
mud'n'sweat said:

Rich you are just an xc pha-king pu-cee! :rolleyes: I hope you have fun in your tight shorts and get in all the climbing you can handle.

Maybe next time you will decide to be a real man and go riding with the big boys!

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
wood-dog said:
Rich you are just an xc pha-king pu-cee! :rolleyes: I hope you have fun in your tight shorts and get in all the climbing you can handle.

Maybe next time you will decide to be a real man and go riding with the big boys!
dont be hating on xc. thought riding pants make you feel like you took a dump in your pants:eviltongu its still cool:cool:

hurlykid6900

Chimp
Oct 23, 2005
C-Ville Rep yo
yo yo i gota attend the block part at the wintergrizzle gona be rad rad fun filled jib day of rad airs and fillmin. radradrad i heart slush it yum yum rarad. itill be epic

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
hey dennis
i can't ride as im going to be doing the adventure race in richmond that day, however, since i am going to be in richmond i sure would like to hook up with to see what Dhi parts i can get from you. the race is supposed to be over in the evening...
lemme know what you think.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I'm in, dat be two.

hey, what pedals you got? I'm really going to look into getting the clipless real seriously in the next week or two.

Thanks!

And yeah, I'm in!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Im in thats three. I may know of a couple other guys that want to go.

Ridetofast- Unfortunatly we wont get back into town until late Sat. night. Let me know what you need.

Birdman111- I think I have a set of Tioga DH 2.3 tires you can use for the day if you dont find any thing sooner

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Anyone have some sort of packing blankets or junk blankets or something? I don't want to tear up the bikes in the trailer like the last time. :)

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
Anyone have some sort of packing blankets or junk blankets or something? I don't want to tear up the bikes in the trailer like the last time. :)
If Im not mistaken the road to the top is paved all the way. shouldnt be as hard on the bikes as last time. My brand new derailer looks about a year old after it got its ass kicked by your trailer.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Yeah, don't want to do that again.

I still have teh sniffles, but I figure I'll go and jus t do whatever I can do. This Pneumonia sucked REAL bad....

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Take some zinc and vitamin-c, preferably emergen-c's if you haven't been already. It will help alot.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Yea Ralphie, the road to the top is super smooth so the bikes will not slam into each other like the last time. hahahaha as a matter of fact, when you see how smooth the road is that we will take, you will be asking yourself why in the world we dealt with the flagpole trail at all. Granted, we did not know about the Reddish Knob trail at that time..... but who cares :D

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
i found someone's vitamin c supplements in my car emergen-c or something. My friends thought i was trying to get high off of it. (i guess they know that you can get a buzz off taking a lot of vitamin c) my friends are crazy. i have no clue what my mom thought...

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I've heard loggers alley is just a fireroad with lots of ruts. But that's just hearsay. I can only imagine if it's really 7 miles long that it'd get old after a while if it's just a fire road. Personally, I'd like to try out wintergreen at least once this summer.......

I'm putting on my flame resistant jacket now.....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
The 7th is the day my show opens, and my life starts again. It was nice today, I had a break from 7-10. I'm on my way back to the theatre in 20 minutes :rolleyes:

And Loggers alley is a fireroad, but its a fun fireroad. It is very long, but it does not get too boring. There are a few peddly parts, and plenty of chances to catch up with faster/slower riders.

And to tell you the truth, I plan on riding WG this summer as well. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Snowshoe, but you can't beat the hour and fifteen minute drive to WG. Day trips are easy up there, not so much at Snowshoe. Let me know when you want to go up there, i'm game.

And before all of you fools post, just remember, all we are here to do is ride our bicycles, and anywhere I can do that, i'm all for!

jaekormtb

Chimp
Jan 29, 2002
South Korea & Virginia
I'm in for Reddish Knob.
Loggers' Alley is just a fireroad. When I did it in '98 you got to the bottom and called the shop to get a ride to the top. Do it once so you, too, can sound off with a snore.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
jaekormtb said:
I'm in for Reddish Knob.
Loggers' Alley is just a fireroad. When I did it in '98 you got to the bottom and called the shop to get a ride to the top. Do it once so you, too, can sound off with a snore.
Its not all bad..... And, Its a great warmup for the day!

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
wannabeabonedoc said:
I've heard loggers alley is just a fireroad with lots of ruts. But that's just hearsay. I can only imagine if it's really 7 miles long that it'd get old after a while if it's just a fire road. Personally, I'd like to try out wintergreen at least once this summer.......

I'm putting on my flame resistant jacket now.....

Loggers alley is fun, not the greatest but still fun. It is super fast and rocky, rutted. I have done it once or twice a year in the early spring for the last couple years. It is a really good way to knock the cobwebs off of the bike and see what you need to take care of before the season starts.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
Loggers alley is fun, not the greatest but still fun. It is super fast and rocky, rutted. I have done it once or twice a year in the early spring for the last couple years. It is a really good way to knock the cobwebs off of the bike and see what you need to take care of before the season starts.
LOL!!! Better Loggers Alley than my dang trailor! :D

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
The biggest bitch about it is getting the shuttle to pick you up. It is the same shuttle they use for the golf people. They will make you wait for the next shuttle if there are alot of golfers waiting to ride the shuttle.