Quantcast

Reddish Knob round 2

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
denjen said:
The biggest bitch about it is getting the shuttle to pick you up. It is the same shuttle they use for the golf people. They will make you wait for the next shuttle if there are alot of golfers waiting to ride the shuttle.

Bastards!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Jesus, when did this turn into a quilting circle!

Kids, we're going to do a lot of rides this summer. My wife is a Navy Doctor, which means once June 12 rolls around I am a new batchelor with a wedding ring.

Wintergreen, Knoxville, camping @ snowshoe, my new secret spot. This is going to be a killer summer, so drop your cocks and grab your socks, its on like Donkey Kong.

See y'all after the Otter is over, and then its pure pain till the wheels blow off.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Lets try and get this back on track. Once again who is going?

wooddog- Is the plan still the same? Meet you at starbucks at 8 Sat morning and then head out from there?

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Looks like we might have a pretty small group. May be 3 of us from richmond. I aslo talked to a guy from south of Lynchburg and he wants to go but his truck crapped out on him. Told him if we had room in the shuttle truck we might could accomidate him. We still doing trail work or just riding?

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
3 from Richmond and it looks like 4 from c-ville and is the fella from Lynchburg named Steve?

As for trail work, I say we still do some if for no other reason then to provide a safer ride for us on the remaining rides. Once you get there and see how overgrown some of the areas are you will agree with me, not to mention all of the trees that have fallen over and become a pain in the a$$ to stop and lift your bike over every 25 yards.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
i will go but i dont know if i have a helmet or bigger tires. i guess i could rock out on my 2.1" panaracers. and my road bike helmet. haha.
CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!! TIRES????????? as i said before ill buy them but i cant pay you till summer when i start working.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
BIRDMAN111 said:
i will go but i dont know if i have a helmet or bigger tires. i guess i could rock out on my 2.1" panaracers. and my road bike helmet. haha.
CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!! TIRES????????? as i said before ill buy them but i cant pay you till summer when i start working.
I have a set of tioga 2.3 DH tires you can have. They are both rear tires but I am sure you can work with them

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
What is the shuttle situation looking like? I am not sure if my buddy from richmond is going or not. But I did meet a kid tonight that does want to go if we have room. The guy from south of lynchburg's name is Darril and he definitely wants to go. It depends on the shuttle situation if these guys can go or not

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
BIRDMAN111 said:
but if you want to give them to me im fine with that too :-)
If you're not going to use them a lot, I'd like to have them back, but if you're going to get good use out of them, you can have them.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
so the c-villers are:
Woody
Corby
Birdy and
Jeff
We WILL be going this weekend to Reddish Knob and I guess I am still iffy as to who else is going except for Ralphie and Dennis. So we are at 6 for sure and perhaps up to 3 more? Am I right?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BIRDMAN111 said:
I have a spare helmet.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Ralphie, are you gonna be feeling up to the ride this weekend in 70 plus degree weather? The high temps and long decents will burn out any remaining illness you still have in your body

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
Ralphie, are you gonna be feeling up to the ride this weekend in 70 plus degree weather? The high temps and long decents will burn out any remaining illness you still have in your body
That's the idea....I still have a cough, but the doctor cleared me for tomorrow, but she said don't push it too hard....

I told her sin I've had this crap, I have been able to push a damn thing...:(

or,

Since I can't climb because I can't breath, that's all I do is push it...either way, the both seem to stand true.

I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks...:(

So tomorrow is heat and runs, but damn it, I want the saddle time...

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
cool, and for the record the only pushing you will be doing is less then 150 feet on a moderate incline and that will be broken up into several parts. You will be fine AND you will have a great time! :thumb:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
My buddy from south of us is coming. What is the exit off of 81 that we get off at? What is the best place to meet off of that exit? What time will we be getting there? I am guessing that if we can get out of c-ville by 8 we should be there by 9ish.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
wood-dog said:
I will bring the pedals and the tire. Ralphie, you got room for one more in the jeep? And I assume you are bringing the trailer again, right?
as far as I know we have me (duh!) Dennis, some bloke you and another. That's as I see it, so yeah. And I'm bringing the trailer...

We need some blankets and stuff since I want to pad the bikes a little.

:thumb:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
denjen said:
Looks like just me and Ralph from Richmond -- everyone else bailed out.
The guy from south of Lynchburg is coming and going to meet us right off of 81. Anyone know the exit number and time I should tell him to meet us there?

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
BIRDMAN111 said:
Its alright ive got some gear from my uncle. some mx stuff, but its nice. thanks though

You won't need anything more then a helmet and leg pads. Anything else will be overkill. And if you need leg pads I have 2 spare sets so you are good to go! :thumb: