Quantcast

Reddish Knob trail maintenance/ride on the 25th

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Okay, so the last thread went from a ride to a clean up then ride so I thought I would start it over to let anyone who is interested in meeting up with us on 3-25 that we will be doing an initial run with a clean up in mind to clear the trails of the overgrown bushes and fallen trees. Those obstacles proved to be a danger when going down so we will be cleaning them out for the safety of all riders, hikers, dogs and bears!:cool: Please, DO NOT bring any gas powered tools or shovels. Only bring what we can use for trail clean up only. And for anyone who lives in that area and rides Reddish Knob please let us know if we need to contact anyone for permission to do the cleaning.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV

Watch out for these guys, they're out on the trails and now working around in the DH forum. They are against fun, dissent or powertools!

Can I bring my Rambo knife?

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Well I was hoping to be able to make this ride but after the initial ride on my new(used) Ironhorse last night it seems it came with a blown rear shock.

Can this trail be done on a XC Giant NRS or would I just slow everyone down?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
VT mtnbiker.... you should be okay on the giant. I was out on my Ells which is more XC than anything and it was a blast.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
VT Mtbkr said:
Well I was hoping to be able to make this ride but after the initial ride on my new(used) Ironhorse last night it seems it came with a blown rear shock.

Your NRS should be fine. Most of the riders will be on bigger hitting bikes but I know of at least two other riders who will be on HT's And mud'n'sweat will be on an xc bike. The faster riders tend to run out in the front but will often find a spot to stop and wait for the others, so no worries. Bring your Giant and have a good time with the rest of us!

By the way, what is the eye to eye for the shock on your IH?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I don't know why, but I've always pegged mud'n'sweat as more of a unicycle sort of guy...

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
VT Mtbkr said:
I'm not 100% sure about what eye to eye means but my from best guess it's 8-3/4".
I believe it is 8.75x2.75. If I hadnt just sent my main shock to get it pushed you could use my back up, but it is on my bike. Had a good time last night. it was cool watching you progess so quickly. You will be ripping up SS this year.

Dennis

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Are any of you DH monkey types racing any of the races this year? Plattkill? NC? Snowshoe?

Need more drinking buddies.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
VT Mtbkr said:

I have a spare shock that is off of my IH...

It's a 7.875x2.25 however. The I to I is the center of the top mounting bolt to the center of the lower mounting bolt...You are more that welcomed to use it.

I'm still trying to figure away to finagle a way to go.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Bearmntpicnic said:
Im a racing tattoo and hopefully faster than you. also to fokey who asked abotu the dakar it would be fine that is ofcourse if you mom lets you come

GOOD GOD BOY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YA TRYIN' TO SAY?

YOU ARE A RACING TATTOO..... WHAT???

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
no im not racing him that I know off but perhaps i will be sometime if he races around here. and its true being heavy does make you go fast usually but you accelerate slower and fall harder

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Bearmntpicnic said:
no im not racing him that I know off but perhaps i will be sometime if he races around here. and its true being heavy does make you go fast usually but you accelerate slower and fall harder

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they are having an acid flash back when they read these posts

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Can someone send me directions to the meetup point or an address so I can mapquest it? :help: I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to make it up. Maybe if I make it I can teach Bearmtnpicnic some copy editing skills so we can read his posts.:love:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
noname said:
Can someone send me directions to the meetup point or an address so I can mapquest it? :help: I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to be able to make it up. Maybe if I make it I can teach Bearmtnpicnic some copy editing skills so we can read his posts.:love:

I hope you can show bearmtn a thing or two about the rules of, at the very least, fair grammer. :rofl:

Send mud'n'sweat a pm, he will send you all of the locations/meeting places you will need

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Ok, great , who from Richmond is going? Got to figure logistics...

woody, ya gonna bring the pedals and cleats? For us to use the trailer, we need a truck...

There may be a slight chance I can get the Jeep, but if I do, Gas AND car wash fees for the wife are due....