Quantcast

Reddish Knob trail maintenance/ride on the 25th

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Ralphie, if I still have the pedals I will bring them. But there is a chance that I will be trading them out for a rear hub. But if I don't they are yours for the day to rip on!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Noname, road trip?

Its 2:40 in the AM, can I shoot ravers for thump thump music that wakes me from my drunk slumber?

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
BIRDMAN111 said:
speaking of cleats. i always wear mine and even jump in them and must start to learn to jump without them...tips? ive tried but my feet always come off the pedals.
learn to bunny hop with platforms, all of the motions used to control a bike while jumping are similar or the same as those used for bunny hopping, basically you learn to move the bike around entirely with your arms, hips, and wrists.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Tattooo said:
Noname, road trip?

Its 2:40 in the AM, can I shoot ravers for thump thump music that wakes me from my drunk slumber?
may very well be down for that. Don't shoot the raver kids, just go over there next time and shack up with a cute raver chic, they're easy don't ya know!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Looks like I got the Jeep! So, trailer and jeep we got. The Jeep only fits 5 (Gear and all)

This time round however, I want to protect the bikes a little better than the last time. :thumb:

Del

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Alexandria, VA
I'd like to come check out Reddish Knob and help in the clean up effort. I just moved to Alexandria last week and I'm trying to find some good places to ride and people to ride with. Only problem is I would need to catch a ride out there. So if any shuttles are going to be leaving from anywhere near Alexandria let me know :)

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
noname said:
may very well be down for that. Don't shoot the raver kids, just go over there next time and shack up with a cute raver chic, they're easy don't ya know!
How comes the emergency remodeling?

Let me know if you want to go, I might be down provided we don't do what we did for the D-Lux, I was just fragged the whole weekend through.

She is a cute little raver that lives there, but she's homies with the wife, so a bit of the old "Its late, blow me" might end me up in divorce court with that very angry black lady judge... No bueno.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I just got my Da Kine truck pad, so I can take five or so bikes in the back. Downside is that (and ask noname) is maybe I can take two other guys comfortable.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Tattooo said:
How comes the emergency remodeling?

Let me know if you want to go, I might be down provided we don't do what we did for the D-Lux, I was just fragged the whole weekend through.
My roomate burned my kitchen down, need to replace or repair the cabinets and flooring before the rental office finds out!
I was thinking we ride up on Friday and get a hotel room in c-ville, then just meet everyone in the morning. That way we're not completely cooked when we get there, that would be gehy.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Tattooo said:
I just got my Da Kine truck pad, so I can take five or so bikes in the back. Downside is that (and ask noname) is maybe I can take two other guys comfortable.
I'll definately be strapping my gear in the back of the truck this time, no sense taking up valuable cabin space.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
If its just the two of us driving up (no wife this time) then I think we can put our crap in the cab. That truck has odd aerodynamics, tends to lift light stuff into the air.

I might get creative this week and build a bike box for the back that we could put the front wheels in, then run straps to hold them up. Then again, your bike is a 9mm front, so we could in point of fact just bolt it into the carrier in the bed. Turns out I forgot to tension that down last time, hence why it popped out.

Gimme a call, we'll work something out. The Mrs. and I might get a trip to Hardwood in tomorrow if you're interested.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Tattooo said:
If its just the two of us driving up (no wife this time) then I think we can put our crap in the cab. That truck has odd aerodynamics, tends to lift light stuff into the air.

I might get creative this week and build a bike box for the back that we could put the front wheels in, then run straps to hold them up. Then again, your bike is a 9mm front, so we could in point of fact just bolt it into the carrier in the bed. Turns out I forgot to tension that down last time, hence why it popped out.

Gimme a call, we'll work something out. The Mrs. and I might get a trip to Hardwood in tomorrow if you're interested.
Depending on how my night goes I was planning an early trip to Freedom Park in the burg. If you are going to Harwood Mill in the afternoon I'll stop there on my way back down. :) We can ride then head out for some grub as I'm still without a kitchen.:redhot: :bomb:

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
wannabeabonedoc said:
Man, I wish I could come on this trip. Stupid MCAT. Someone better take pics of the trails. Have fun fellas!

bonedoc

Pete, not only will I bring my camera and take plenty of pics of the days events but I will remember to take a towel! :D