Quantcast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle

This is pretty damned good beer. :cheers:
Double Jack is about a bajillion times better.

In da fridge:

Lagunitas Little Sumpin
Laguniats Imperial Stout
Lagunitas WTF
Stone 15th Anniversary Imperial Black IPA
Stone Sublimely Self Righteous
Titan IPA
Brew Dog Paradox

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Last night (picked up a mixed case of New Glarus yesterday):

NG Black Top (Black IPA) - This is extremely tasty, and the smell is amazing. I'm not that familiar with the style, but I'll definitely be searching out more of it from now on.
NG Staghorn (Octoberfest) - Excellent, as always.
NG Laughing Fox (Crystalweizen) - Interesting beer, a lighter-weight (but not color) alternative to their Dancing Man Wheat.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
last night I had
Mikes Organic Imperial IPA
Yeasty Boys His majesty 2010 (IPA)
Invercargil brewery Smoking Bishop 2008 & 2011 vintages Manuka smoked Bock.
Various homebrews.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Lemme know about this stuff. Had the 13th Anniv IPA when it came out and that $hit was GOOD.
Completely fvcking awesome. It's a BIG beer. Huge flavor, 10.8 ABV, etc, but still well balanced and not too overwhelming. It's delicious.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Rum and coke right now. Just enjoyed some Glenfiddich 20 year while staring at my 50 year bottle, desperately wanting to open a $50,000 bottle.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Awesome name.

Completely fvcking awesome. It's a BIG beer. Huge flavor, 10.8 ABV, etc, but still well balanced and not too overwhelming. It's delicious.
This last weekend consisted of:

Stone 15th Anniversary Imperial Black IPA - B.E.A.Utiful.
Hale's Ales IX Gold - Super tasty Belgian style golden. Awesome.
Sierra Nevada & DogFish Head Life and Limb - Wow. Complex and uber tasty.

Rum and coke right now. Just enjoyed some Glenfiddich 20 year while staring at my 50 year bottle, desperately wanting to open a $50,000 bottle.
Car loan for a bottle of scotch?

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
LOL... I had to "import" a bottle of that on my last trip home from Mexico. I guess in Canada it isnt really an issue though. :p
Nah, we cheat. It's in all the LCBO stores. Problem is, only in 750ml. I would prefer 350ml for travel/visiting - going to someone's home for a few drinks, I don't like to pound down the stuff - makes the subway ride home a little tooo much fun.

One thing I'll mention, and I've heard it from a few other peeps: Havana Club almost never leaves you with a hangover.

I took my sister and brother in law to Havana last year and we did, in fact, get wrecked. I'm no light-weight [Navy Training In Action!] but my sister is, and my brother in law can glug it down with me one-for-one, but he is a zombie the next day until dinner.

In the few cases where we went over the top, the next day, they had some appetite and no headaches.

Still drunk as an Irish Catholic on Monday, mind you. But no hangover to speak of.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
No self respecting American beer drinker would drink Chimay, especially Chimay White. Dis-f*cking-qusting.
If i recall my last [LAST] American booze-up, barfest, stripper-annoy, whore-payoff party, you drink pisswater [without the yummy pissflavor] so long as it's 'lite' and 'cheap' and a ... alcohol quantity of about 1.3%.

That's fine, nothing wrong with that.

But god, please, don't waste your precious O2 on telling me some beer from far away from your [tiny] shores is 'disgusting'...

... until you burn most if not all of Budweiser's Pissfactories to the ground, murdering all 'workers' at some satanic Busch shytfactories and killing their nefarious offspring... and maybe punching a few people at Pabst in the face for a week or two...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
...and all kidding aside, all real Self Respecting Americans I know drink REAL beer from EVERYWHERE, ANYTIME THEY FEEL LIKE IT... cuz they ain't afraid of anything. 'Specially beer.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Most of us, especially on this site, know and respect good, real beer. Not that **** Anhueser-Busch sorry excuse for water with a hop in it.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
...i had a traumatic 'bud' experience some years back... i apologize...

lots of US beers are awesome. most of them you have never heard of.

good men, stalwart and true, brew great beer all over the world... and many of them in 'merica.

...women, not so sure of. beer-wise...