Quantcast

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Most I can do for pumpkin ales is 1 bottle......then I can't put the stuff down.

Coke with tacos now........then a few Wachusett brews after.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Last night I went Flemish and had a bottle of Duchess de Borgene, very tasty with chicken liver pate on thick toast, just the right bite to cut thru the fattiness of the pate and the flavours compliment beautifully.
Having the morning coffee now, single origin beans from Sumatra. :)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Just bought:

-Ale Smith Speedway
-New Belgium Clutch :-)headbang:)
-North Coast Old Rasputin
-Deschutes Inversion
-Speakeasy Big Daddy
-Oskar Blues Old Chub

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Mmmmmmm...... Tequila sunrise. Wife and kid are both sick so we have OJ in abundance. Tequila was on sale at Costco. In college damn near the only fruit in my diet was ingested this way.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ooooooo...haven't seen that one up this way yet....will have to keep my eyes peeled. My bro-in-law and I loooooove sours.
It's pretty good. Apparently it's actually 80% a stout, and 20% a sour. I don't think I'd like the stout part on it's own that much, the body was kinda weak but the combination of flavors, and the sour kick at the end was different, and nice. Not the best beer I've ever had but pretty tasty.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
It's pretty good. Apparently it's actually 80% a stout, and 20% a sour. I don't think I'd like the stout part on it's own that much, the body was kinda weak but the combination of flavors, and the sour kick at the end was different, and nice. Not the best beer I've ever had but pretty tasty.
Well that's kinda weird. At first, I did not notice that it read "Dark Sour Ale"....but now I see. I'll still keep an eye out. Sounds "fun".

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Well that's kinda weird. At first, I did not notice that it read "Dark Sour Ale"....but now I see. I'll still keep an eye out. Sounds "fun".
Yeah it's cool just because it's so different. Not something I'd want to drink 5 of in a row but it's definitely worth trying.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Great Lakes Eerie Monster (IIPA). Saw it on sale at the local deli for $7.50/4-pack and figured I'd give it a try. Good IIPA (great for the price!), malty and a bit boozy (9.1%). Definitely a different take on the style, but quite enjoyable.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
A couple of nips of Bushmill I bought after I found enough cans to redeem the appropriate sum.
Hanging out behind the Liquor Mart drinking and skating.
Just saw one of the local pandhandlers(we have a lot) roll into the liquor-mart when I was in there. A huge stack of cash and an entire shopping cart full of mid-price swill.
I need a new job.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Maine Beer Company's "Lunch" IPA is awesome! Currently only available in Maine, Mass, Vermont, and NY. Well-worth searching out for those in these areas.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Scotch. Enough that I forget what kind. Though in my defense I didn't buy the bottle. It's clearly an Islay of some sort. Dunno.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Found these two nuggets last night (after final confirmation that I am going to the WA police academy):

- Lagunitas Bavarian-Styled Doppel Weizen: Wow. This is an amazing beer. If you can find it, buy all you can find. Extremely smooth, wonderful taste. Just a damn fine beer.

- Deschutes Fresh Hop Mirror Pond: Tasty and hoppy. An interesting twist on an old favorite. Twas good.