Quantcast

Ron Paul: Traitor to his country

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Do you think anyone born today would be racist if it weren't for the constant bs from 50+ years ago being smeared around?
Yes. Because of people who are angry that the niggers want their kids to go to the same schools and use the same bathrooms as everyone else.

I call them white people.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Yes. Because of people who are angry that the niggers want their kids to go to the same schools and use the same bathrooms as everyone else.

I call them white people.
Aside from this not being relevant to anyone born today, you've got some major issues.

You may call them white people, but just because you're white and you believe this, doesn't mean that it's true for 'white people'.

Last edited:

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Oh my god. ????? how utterly stupid are you?

People aren't racist because of backlash from criticism about slavery. They're racist because they cannot accept their own failures and displace it onto others, they're racist because they had morons for parents, they're racist because they are just ****ing stupid.

Skin color has nothing to do with the content of ones character, period. end of discussion.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Aside from this not being relevant to anyone born today, you've got some major issues.
You're the one who just blamed black people for racism, my friend.

A long look in the mirror might be a good idea. If you see an old crank racist in there instead of your reflection, it's probably just your ghostwriter coming up with stuff that a 10-year-old Stormfront poster would find embarrassing.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Do you think anyone born today would be racist if it weren't for the constant bs from 50+ years ago being smeared around?
Right. Because racism is perpetrated by those simply pointing out the racist acts and statements of others, as opposed to the people ACTUALLY making the racist statements?

Ron Paul's newsletter WAS RACIST. Whether that has any bearing on Ron Paul himself is up for debate, but whoever was writing his newsletter was certainly racist.

Now you're trying to claim that I'm the one perpetrating racism by pointing that out, as opposed to the author who wrote the articles? :confused:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Thank god racism doesn't exist today except in the acts of those people pointing out racist statements and actions....

article said:
This week Marilyn Davenport, a Southern California Tea Party activist and member of the central committee of the Orange County Republican Party circulated what some are calling hate e-mail to an unknown number of her fellow conservatives.

Written under the words, “Now you know why — No birth certificate!”, is an Obama family portrait depicting his parents as chimpanzees.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
no one ever said racists were smart. His newsletters were racist fear mongering diatribes, ghostwriter or not.

I ****ing hate closet racists more than the neon's. At least those guys are upfront about their beliefs but this new wave racism hides behind some opaque walls.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
You're the one who just blamed black people for racism, my friend.
I did not blame 'black people' for racism.

Oh my god. ????? how utterly stupid are you?

People aren't racist because of backlash from criticism about slavery. They're racist because they cannot accept their own failures and displace it onto others, they're racist because they had morons for parents, they're racist because they are just ****ing stupid.

Skin color has nothing to do with the content of ones character, period. end of discussion.
The very large majority of white people (especially those my age and those that I interact with) aren't racist, yet that's the stereotype we get. I probably get that more than most because of all the places that I could have been born, I lucked out and got Alabama. So anytime I'm outside of the South and mention where I'm from, the typical comments about how I must be racist come up. Even in Germany and Turkey when I tell people where I'm from they mention slavery and racism. Even the ****ing bum in Denver ran away when he asked me where I was from. I'm not racist. My friends aren't racist. Yet I hear all the time about how I must be racist because of where I was born. So my apologies if I just don't give a **** about racism.

Last edited:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I was just thinking about that one, since it happened in my backyard. My favorite was when there was a protest outside the old racist cunt's house, and the neighbor made the case for the protesters being the REAL RACISTS, dontcha know. Kinda like ??????? here...

Here we go:

Leslie Savage, a longtime neighbor and a friend of Davenport's, said the demonstration was motivated by race. She called Davenport "a good person."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/davenport-297670-president-obama.html

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, is it true or is it not true that "black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings, and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers"? (I'd venture, without knowing the stats, that it's true, but that a large portion of the effect can be explained by SES. This in turn begs the question of why do we have persistent low SES in the black community. Is it because our welfare state isn't strong enough? Riots in Britain would seem to indicate otherwise. Is it because affirmative action isn't affirmative enough? You all know my opinion on that already…)

Also note that the LA riots were predominantly black(-on-Korean). They were a race riot. Was the beating of Rodney King reprehensible? Sure. Burning down Korean storefronts isn't the proper response in any universe I know of, though.
Sorry to jump into this argument late.

I have been the resident of minority-majority cities, i.e., towns where there are fewer white people than minorities of any race, for the last 20 years.

So when I see statistics that list a majority of certain crimes are committed by minorities, it does confirm what I can see plainly out my door.

OMG, I'm a racist, aren't I! I think minorities commit most of the crimes in the cities I lived in, which is actually 100% true.

I don't go around swearing about the blacks, Latinos, or even the Azns. I also have no trust in a lot of the scummy looking white people. Actually, in the Bay Area, any race could be a dirtbag, which is very reassuring about the nature of all men.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was just thinking about that one, since it happened in my backyard. My favorite was when there was a protest outside the old racist cunt's house, and the neighbor made the case for the protesters being the REAL RACISTS, dontcha know. Kinda like ??????? here...

Here we go:

Leslie Savage, a longtime neighbor and a friend of Davenport's, said the demonstration was motivated by race. She called Davenport "a good person."

I've been accused of being a racist because I point out my friends and colleagues acting racist.

Yes it is true I think about race more than most people. I also do not live a bubble.

Really, very few people get called out about being racist. My bike shop is the perfect example: there are relatively few minorities that visit our shop, so you can make virtually racist crack you want without fear of reprisal.

It may sound to the racists I've harangued that I got some kind of chip on the shoulder, but if those people got around like I've been, they would realize their racism as well.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco

Here we go:

The image is dumb and immature, but is it racist in the terrible sense that most people associate racism with?

Were there any race-fueled riots any of the times that George Bush was depicted as a monkey?

I have a much younger brother in middle school. The teachers allow the black kids to call each other n*****, but if a white kid says it, they get suspended. The only connection that any of them have to the word is from music and tv. Is that racist?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The image is dumb and immature, but is it racist in the terrible sense that most people associate racism with?
Yes, yes it is.

GWB being depicted as a monkey was insinuating that he was as smart as one, not BORN from one. There is a difference. That picture is not because the person thinks Obama is dumb, or the caption would be different.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
I just love how racists like to say things like we can't call 'em niggers but they can call each other that or that gwb and obama as primates are even remotely similar. If by similar one meant that idiots accepted we all came from primates and not just the niggers. But that's not the case at all, only blacks and the rest of the mud people came from our apelike ancestors. white americans were put here by god.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I did not blame 'black people' for racism.

The very large majority of white people (especially those my age and those that I interact with) aren't racist, yet that's the stereotype we get. I probably get that more than most because of all the places that I could have been born, I lucked out and got Alabama. So anytime I'm outside of the South and mention where I'm from, the typical comments about how I must be racist come up. Even in Germany and Turkey when I tell people where I'm from they mention slavery and racism. Even the ****ing bum in Denver ran away when he asked me where I was from. I'm not racist. My friends aren't racist. Yet I hear all the time about how I must be racist because of where I was born. So my apologies if I just don't give a **** about racism.
Translation: My friends have never been racist towards my white ass so it must not exist.

Sorry to break it to you buddy but the south is still pretty freaking racist. Anyone you know it this story?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/white-teens-run-black-man-surveillance-video/story?id=14273579#.TvzZz3pSQYo

Last edited:

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
People are not different races, racism is not real, white, yellow, red, brown, black, grey are all genetically the same. The fact that the media is jumping on Ron Paul for pointing out how the false concept of race impacts minorities and majorities is pathetic. Rick Perry killed a bunny once because he didn't like it being on his lawn, that technically is a racist. Ron Paul understands how our social structures impact people with different physical appearances, the fact that he talks this makes me have more respect for him.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Translation: My friends have never been racist towards my white ass so it must not exist.

Sorry to break it to you buddy but the south is still pretty freaking racist. Anyone you know it this story?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/white-teens-run-black-man-surveillance-video/story?id=14273579#.TvzZz3pSQYo
To say that it is any more racist than any other part of the country or any other part of the world is bs. Should I link to a host of news articles showing how racist Oakland is?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
The fact that the media is jumping on Ron Paul for pointing out how the false concept of race impacts minorities and majorities is pathetic.
That is not what happened at all.

To say that it is any more racist than any other part of the country or any other part of the world is bs. Should I link to a host of news articles showing how racist Oakland is?
Go for it. I never claimed that racism isn't a big deal, that was you.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I just love how racists like to say things like we can't call 'em niggers but they can call each other that or that gwb and obama as primates are even remotely similar. If by similar one meant that idiots accepted we all came from primates and not just the niggers. But that's not the case at all, only blacks and the rest of the mud people came from our apelike ancestors. white americans were put here by god.
For what other reason should someone be able to call them that and another person not? Should the word be completely banned, or should everyone be able to use it, albeit with the same limitations as any other profanity? I think that would be racist to say that some races can use certain words and others can not.

And for whatever reason people decided to insult George Bush as a monkey, it wasn't for any nice reason. So whether or not it was racist or just mean, it doesn't much matter what label you put to it. Neither are nice.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
And for whatever reason people decided to insult George Bush as a monkey, it wasn't for any nice reason. So whether or not it was racist or just mean, it doesn't much matter what label you put to it. Neither are nice.
Correct, but in our society it is generally acceptable to be nasty to someone based on their own mistakes and shortcomings. It is not acceptable to be nasty to someone based on factors outside of their control such as race, sex, or disability.

I personally don't have a problem with this convention.

What you said, is "the south is still pretty freaking racist." If you believe that, then you should have said the world is still pretty freaking racist.
No argument here, I was just being specific because of your sob story about being from the south. You can get killed just because of your race in lots of places. That seems pretty freaking racist to me.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
If you read into what Paul himself says that's actually what most of his "racist" comments are about.
As far as I can tell his comments were taken out of context once (the 95% criminals bit). Other than that the racist sh!t he says can't really be explained away.

If you have some more examples I'm ready to see them.

I know your stance, but is that really an acceptable train of thought?
Like I said in my post, I'm ok with that.

Where do you draw the line? Should we never be able to poke fun at someone or should it all be fare game?

Last edited:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
As far as I can tell his comments were taken out of context once (the 95% criminals bit). Other than that the racist sh!t he says can't really be explained away.

If you have some more examples I'm ready to see them.
The bit about the race riots and welfare checks in California was taken out of context as well.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
For what other reason should someone be able to call them that and another person not? Should the word be completely banned, or should everyone be able to use it, albeit with the same limitations as any other profanity? I think that would be racist to say that some races can use certain words and others can not.

You have to be able to understand the difference between uses. White people calling blacks, niggers is grossly different than two black dudes saying sup nigga. The base meaning of the two words are entirely different.

People called gw a monkey because of his intelligence, not skin color or geography he was born from. Major difference. that and he make the same faces a chimp would when given a coloring book. People draw racial comparisons between black men/women and apes to reenforce the idea that they are somehow lessor on a genetic level.

If you can't seem to see that, or are choosing to ignore it to lessen the impact of your views well then nothing else can really be said.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
^^^^ Well that accounts for two racist comments!
I don't know how many comments there were. There are some earlier in this thread. Most that I've seen have been selectively quoted and taken out of context or have been quick to pull the race card just because race was brought up. There was also an issue with him voting against a congressional gold medal for Rosa Parks. What they usually leave out is that he also voted the same way for Mother Teresa and Pope John Paul II because he is against asking the tax-payers to foot the bill.

If the only thing anyone can come up with to bring him down is a racist claim over some 20 year old newsletters that he may or may not have written, then come on. Even Obama made racist statements in his book and I don't think it's a big deal. He spoke his mind on a few issues, they were a little stereotypical, but not a make or break issue for his campaign.

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
You have to be able to understand the difference between uses. White people calling blacks, niggers is grossly different than two black dudes saying sup nigga. The base meaning of the two words are entirely different.

People called gw a monkey because of his intelligence, not skin color or geography he was born from. Major difference. that and he make the same faces a chimp would when given a coloring book. People draw racial comparisons between black men/women and apes to reenforce the idea that they are somehow lessor on a genetic level.

If you can't seem to see that, or are choosing to ignore it to lessen the impact of your views well then nothing else can really be said.
How do you feel when a white dude says to you 'sup nigga' because he hears it from other people, the tv, and songs all the time?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Are you really using that? So this is about them having something you can't? You have as much right to say nigga, nigger or anything else you want. But don't get a racey after you get punched in the lips.

I don't. I don't concern myself with people co-opting culture. I can also use my brain to discern the differences between sup nigga and hey nigger and I'm intelligent enough to know how and where people came to use those terms. Do I think people probably shouldn't say some things yes, do I think they are racist because some dude says "sup nigga?" no. But when some dude is saying nigger, its 9/10 referring to a group of people with whom he/shes feels are somehow diminishing this country based solely on the color to which they were born.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
How do you feel when a white dude says to you 'sup nigga' because he hears it from other people, the tv, and songs all the time?
This is something I have heard plenty of growing up. I'm from a mostly white part of the SF bay (for example, before high school I had only gone to school with one black kid, coincidentally he was one of my friends because we were not in the cool crowd). Lots of white kids think it's funny or cool to throw "nigger" around. I have always assumed that this is because they are sheltered and almost never have interactions outside of their own race.

Personally hearing that crap has always made me uncomfortable. I have the same reaction when I hear people using the terms fag, or jew in a derogatory manner.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The bit about the race riots and welfare checks in California was taken out of context as well.
No it wasn't. I linked to the scanned pages earlier. The only way they were out of context is if the previous page said, "I'd be a huge fvcking racist if I wrote (or published, whatever) the material on the next page:"

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
No it wasn't. I linked to the scanned pages earlier. The only way they were out of context is if the previous page said, "I'd be a huge fvcking racist if I wrote (or published, whatever) the material on the next page:"
lol must spread rep

And I don't think the kids mean anything incendiary by it, but they hear it in all the music that they listen to and they in turn want to be cool and say the same things.
They also hear about slapping hoes and gun violence but you wouldn't defend them if they acted on those lyrics. That word is very offensive and little kids who don't understand what it means or how it effects people should not be using it.

BTW your anecdote about black kids being allowed to say nigger but not white kids only shows that the teacher is worthless. Words like that have no place in school.