Quantcast

Saturday DH plans?

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
i'm down for saturday..but lets keep it to a 3- per truck. I'm getting tired of peeps scratching my truck and burning a 1/2 tank of gas while shuttling.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
hrm... i might have to be there. got an XC race on sunday, so i can't stay for too long, but a run or two might be nice :)

[edit: willing to contribute for gas]

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
unfortunately (well, actually fortunately), i'm leaving for okinawa japan in about 9 hours for a week of vacation. so, it might be difficult for me to make the DH riding sessions this weekend ;) i'll be back and up for some rides (possibly on a borrowed bike) on the 22-23rd.

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
yeah, I'm in. Hey, also, I have no problem throwing the guys who shuttle some cash for gas. We are all fortunate that they are willing to use their vehicles. Until Frederick installs a chair lift, its all we got. see you on sat @ 9-930?

--z--

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
why don't you go to snowshoe,and ride so you can help beat down the new national coarse! they will let you ride it ,you just have to shuttle yourselves.

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
Originally posted by banche
why don't you go to snowshoe,and ride so you can help beat down the new national coarse! they will let you ride it ,you just have to shuttle yourselves.
Cause it's 5 hours away....but I may be in for a road trip next weekend.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by mpd510
"What if"...............What if worms had BB guns?

Then birds would not F*ck with them!

yep! it's oficial... you're as red as they come.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm there Sat. I'll be there early (8:30ish) cause I gotta leave at around 1:00.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
i'm down for saturday..but lets keep it to a 3- per truck. I'm getting tired of peeps scratching my truck and burning a 1/2 tank of gas while shuttling.

so we are are full then....
Steve
Zach
Mark
Kristen
Ben

anyone else showing up will be responsible for your own shuttles. no offence to anyone, but when you try to fit 14 bikes into the back of a compact pickup truck, it doesn't leave much time for runs.... DH SEASON IS HERE! we need our practice time and i can assure you standing behind a pickup truck shooting the sh!t isn't gonna help my times one bit...

not trying to be a d!ck....
hope everyone understands-
ben

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
try harder.........A$$
ok guys, correction:
Never mind what I said above... I just talked to Mark (mpd510) who has graciously surrendered his truck and his ride time to drive everyone up the mtn for the entire day. He also said he would be bring donuts for breakfast and cold beer for the after ride. Oh yeah, he says the more the merrier cause he sure does like giving away his gas and getting those pretty little shiny scratches in his rice burning beater.

:evil: :devil: :evil: :devil: :evil: :devil: :evil: :devil: :evil: :devil:

How you like them apples.... biatch!

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
Originally posted by Animal Mother
ok guys, correction:
Never mind what I said above... I just talked to Mark (mpd510) who has graciously surrendered his truck and his ride time to drive everyone up the mtn for the entire day. He also said he would be bring donuts for breakfast and cold beer for the after ride. Oh yeah, he says the more the merrier cause he sure does like giving away his gas and getting those pretty little shiny scratches in his rice burning beater.

:evil: :devil: :evil: :devil: :evil: :devil: :evil: :devil: :evil: :devil:

I hope you all like "glazed" donuts and "homemade" beer!!!

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Animal Mother
ok guys, correction:

oh AWESOME! i've been craving donuts for a while now... could you maybe get him to bring me some starbucks as well? a semi-medium, half skim half whole, half caf half decaf latte with caramel and raspberry syrup? thanks!

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
Originally posted by kirstin
oh AWESOME! i've been craving donuts for a while now... could you maybe get him to bring me some starbucks as well? a semi-medium, half skim half whole, half caf half decaf latte with caramel and raspberry syrup? thanks!

WTF.........Maybe I'll dress in pleather and let you all Spank me too..

oops...i've said too much and this is the wrong Forum...:D

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA

oops...i've said too much and this is the wrong Forum...:D

whooooooo!!! EASSSSYYYY BOY!!! this aint Freak.com.

the only thing around here getting spanked is you on race day :eek:

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
You all better watch your back! I missed the first race, but its on now. my new bike has a special autopilot button called "Spank All". Now, I'm not sure if that means the bike will go faster, or if a bunch of whips and paddles come out and start swinging. I guess we'll sat.

Oh yeah, since your bringing beer, could you get me some of that Michelob Ultra, I'm on a low carb diet. Thanks.

--z-- :monkey:

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Hell i could be in. I can drive my own bike up and down the mtn if it comes to that, I don't mind, less scratching on my stanctions/frame anyway:p... I can only fit one bike in my xterra though so i'll be the solo shuttler :D shuttle your own selves foos.

where are you guys meeting? how bout yellow gate? early morning 9~10ish?

Christian -

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA

oops...i've said too much and this is the wrong Forum...

Originally posted by Shortbus
We can do a post-ride dungeon fest. :D

OK!! you two need to go find a room!!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
yo i'll probably come early on saturday; I'll shuttle myself ;) since I won't have the farm truck... 8:30 is cool with me.

Steve why don't you take the cap off that truck for good, stow it in the back yard, and make an easy shuttle machine? I have your shinguards and some other assorted stuff I need to get back to you btw...

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by DßR
yo i'll probably come early on saturday; I'll shuttle myself ;) since I won't have the farm truck... 8:30 is cool with me.

Steve why don't you take the cap off that truck for good, stow it in the back yard, and make an easy shuttle machine? I have your shinguards and some other assorted stuff I need to get back to you btw...
and i have pedals for you... are you doing urban tonight? i probably won't be riding, but i have to get that guy's cranks back to him, so i'll be there around 8.

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
Ok..lets meet at the bottom of Hamburg road at the end of the Blue trail around 9 no later than 10... I think everyone knows where that is. We can do a pipe run warm up, then on to some "Evil"lution ass kick'n.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Ok..lets meet at the bottom of Hamburg road at the end of the Blue trail around 9 no later than 10... I think everyone knows where that is. We can do a pipe run warm up, then on to some "Evil"lution ass kick'n.

is that before or after the yellow gate. I've been there a bunch of times and still can't figure any of it out. :think:

Oh yeah, anyone knows how to get to gambrill taking the back ways through leesburg Rt7 and rt15 and all that shinanigans again???

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
is that before or after the yellow gate. I've been there a bunch of times and still can't figure any of it out. :think:

Oh yeah, anyone knows how to get to gambrill taking the back ways through leesburg Rt7 and rt15 and all that shinanigans again???
take 15 north. take the Rosemont street exit. Make a right at the bottom of the exit. Rosemont turns into Hamburg Rd after about 3 miles.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
take 15 north. take the Rosemont street exit. Make a right at the bottom of the exit. Rosemont turns into Hamburg Rd after about 3 miles.
True enough, but be sure to keep an eye out for 15N signs as soon as you enter Frederick. 15N from Leesburg becomes Jefferson St. in Frederick and you will have to take one of two exits off Jefferson Street to get back onto 15N- one is a sharp left at a stoplight and one is to the right into a cloverleaf on-ramp. They just recently opened the on-ramp to the right.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
could we meet at the top of the pipe run instead, then? that way i can just park my car and not think about it anymore... ;)

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
could we meet at the top of the pipe run instead, then? that way i can just park my car and not think about it anymore... ;)

you can follow everyone up in your car and leave it when we get everyone together.
Plus it's the short way into the shed

We meet there so we don't have to make a trip to the bottom and leave shuttle vehicles before we ride.

and clean out your PM box

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
See if you had a bigger car then we would have been able to hide Steve's pickup-bed-cover behind it as you parked but NOOO you had to get one of them tiny imports and what not. :p

It's gonna be awesome having 7 shuttle vehicles for 9 riders :D

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
so by the way i am COMPLETELY confused as to where we're meeting and who's what where parking, which probably means I'm gonna think about on the way there and miss the turn Chris is talking about and start freaking out and end up getting there at 1:00 pm

:D

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
you can follow everyone up in your car and leave it when we get everyone together.
Plus it's the short way into the shed

We meet there so we don't have to make a trip to the bottom and leave shuttle vehicles before we ride.

and clean out your PM box
ok, that works.

and i have cleaned out my PM box. i had no idea there were size restrictions on those things!

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
ok, here it is "big bird style" RT.15 north
pass the W.patrick st exit.
the next exit is rosemont ave. take that.
Make a RIGHT at the bottom of the exit
Rosemont turns into Hamburg RD after 2-3 miles. when you get into the Watershed area you will see the pull-off on the left. that is the bottom of the "blue" trail.

this cuts out about 5 miles from taking the w. patrick st route plus it lets us leave vehicles at the bottom for the first run.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
See if you had a bigger car then we would have been able to hide Steve's pickup-bed-cover behind it as you parked but NOOO you had to get one of them tiny imports and what not. :p

It's gonna be awesome having 7 shuttle vehicles for 9 riders :D
heh, we could shuttle my car ;) i'm willing to bet money it fits in the bed of dßr's truck...

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
and i have pedals for you... are you doing urban tonight? i probably won't be riding, but i have to get that guy's cranks back to him, so i'll be there around 8.
yup. im prolly not gonna ride much either...wrist etc...

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
ok, here it is "big bird style" [snip]
delete! delete! aren't we "not supposed" to be posting directions to things like the shed and the jumps and such?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
heh, we could shuttle my car ;) i'm willing to bet money it fits in the bed of dßr's truck...
Easily. I even have a pair of ramps to get it in there...:p

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
delete! delete! aren't we "not supposed" to be posting directions to things like the shed and the jumps and such?
I think those are all still public roads...

Those directions are no where NEAR getting anyone (at least as geographically clueless as me) close to the shed riding thtuff. :D