Quantcast

Saturday DH plans?

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by kirstin
delete! delete! aren't we "not supposed" to be posting directions to things like the shed and the jumps and such?
that's all pretty common knowledge. As far as talking about how to get to what trail, that's not cool; but the 'Shed itself as a general "Park" is pretty much okay....

Ideally PM's though for this type of stuff....

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by DßR
Easily. I even have a pair of ramps to get it in there...:p
ya know, if it's not too much trouble, i think we need to do that. just so's i can take me a picture and post it all over the internet ;)

[added bonus - have 2 bikes in the rack on my car, and possibly some others sharing truck space with the mini!]

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
delete! delete! aren't we "not supposed" to be posting directions to things like the shed and the jumps and such?
It's no secret how to get to the 'shed itself and the Rosemont route is quicker. It's posting directions to unauthorized trails that hikes the pucker factor. :D

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
post directions to the shed! everywhere! in triplicate! in bold! in red! font size 52!

and now, back to your regularly scheduled programming. what was it again?

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
post directions to the shed! everywhere! in triplicate! in bold! in red! font size 52!

I'm COMPLETELY confused now.

:p just kidding I got it and I copied those directions anyway to a text file. If anyone wants em they're going for 200 bucks on the black market :D :p And this is the big bird version which is an option on that model.

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va

I think someone has had too many....semi-medium, half skim half whole, half caf half decaf latte with caramel and raspberry syrup

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
The cachet of secrecy that the Watershed seems to have gained on the Internet kinda cracks me up sometimes :p. Anyone want to hit the Watershed Speakeasy after the ride?...oops, nevermind...forget I ever mentioned that ;).

I might run into you all there on Saturday If I decide to ride in Frederick that day. I'll probably do the old skool Sunday ride route from the top of Hamburg Road.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by DamienC
The cachet of secrecy that the Watershed seems to have gained on the Internet kinda cracks me up sometimes :p. Anyone want to hit the Watershed Speakeasy after the ride?...oops, nevermind...forget I ever mentioned that ;).
It's like trying to find a rave or getting bounced from pay phone to pay phone in order to make a clean drop.

"Get to the phone booth in the Frederick RTE 40 7-11 parking lot with your bike and answer the phone by the 4th ring. You have precisely 5 minutes. We will be watching you at various points along your route and if we get the notion that you're wired or being followed, goodby Evolution for you!" :D

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
It's like trying to find a rave or getting bounced from pay phone to pay phone in order to make a clean drop.

"Get to the phone booth in the Frederick RTE 40 7-11 parking lot with your bike and answer the phone by the 4th ring. You have precisely 5 minutes. We will be watching you at various points along your route and if we get the notion that you're wired or being followed, goodby Evolution for you!" :D

DUDE... you've done this before haven't ya ;)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by Animal Mother
DUDE... you've done this before haven't ya ;)
Yup. Before I take anyone to any trails, I always blindfold 'em in the back of a panel van, spin 'em around a couple times, take a circuitous route and hold a vibrator against my voicebox when speaking. :p

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by mpd510
I think someone has had too many....semi-medium, half skim half whole, half caf half decaf latte with caramel and raspberry syrup
heh, no caffeine today... yet. about to pop a mountain dew though, everybody run in fear.

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
Oh, No, we did it now. I just heard that some local high school kids in VA read this forum, found out how to get the secret Shed, and will be bringing a full school bus of the most hardcore freeriders on Sat. The place is now a bust, we need to find somewhere else to ride. Any ideas?

--z-- :monkey:

So let me get this straight, as long as I have read the earlier posts correctly. . .

We are going to hit the Pipe first, then Drop E, followed by some Blue then end on Death this Sat, Right?

wolf

Chimp
Nov 3, 2003
Ashburn/Blacksburg
hey guys....

mikeT, myself, and possibly mattoid are back from school and would love to ride with you tomorrow. ill have a blazer with a rack on the back so we can shuttle ourselves. if i can decifer this thread correctly, it looks like everyone is meeting at the left turnoff on hamburg right where the watershed area begins. we'll be there at 830

-mike

mpd510

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Northern Va
Originally posted by wolf
hey guys....

mikeT, myself, and possibly mattoid are back from school and would love to ride with you tomorrow. ill have a blazer with a rack on the back so we can shuttle ourselves. if i can decifer this thread correctly, it looks like everyone is meeting at the left turnoff on hamburg right where the watershed area begins. we'll be there at 830

-mike
you are correct

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
all i can say is :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D :D :D :D :D

these are now officially my favorite local trails! gj to the guys who built them:)

It was nice meeting everyone, looks like we got a solid crew going, thanx for the shuttles as well! hope to see you all soon again:)

-Mike T. (Val-silver ironhorse g-spot)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by MikeT
all i can say is :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D :D :D :D :D

these are now officially my favorite local trails! gj to the guys who built them:)

It was nice meeting everyone, looks like we got a solid crew going, thanx for the shuttles as well! hope to see you all soon again:)

woooooooo!

i just wish i could have stayed longer... :(

sguhrofst8

Monkey
Nov 4, 2003
Columbia, MD
Originally posted by MikeT

nice meeting you guys, hope to see you out there again.
--z-- [zach]