Quantcast

***Saturderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
aced my interview yesterday and have a verbal "offer" of 2.5% less than I make now...but it's 30 minutes closer to home which will give me an hour of my life back, and a commute that can occur any time I want it to, so that I don't have to go into the city. Plus I get to ditch my shitty manager, and a workplace that is highly competitive rather than collaborative. Is that really a decision?
counter offer with a salary match

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
aced my interview yesterday and have a verbal "offer" of 2.5% less than I make now.
Your first annual increase (if you get one) will give that right back to you. You'll also save on gas. One hour less per day of drive time. That's 5 hours a week, 260 hours in a year, which is about 11 fewer days a year you are sitting in the car. I'd love to get 11 days back each year.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Thanks. I've bought most everything, though I may add a couple more brushes of varying stiffness yet if I want to get monocle fancy with my wax. I'd actually like to do more skis/boards. I find the whole wax on/wax off, edging, scraping, etc process pretty therapeutic. Maybe in my next life I'll be a tech in a ski shop. I used to resurface/repair damaged surfboards. I loved doing that too.

Are 1lb bricks only available online? I looked over my weekend and couldn't find that size anywhere in town. Prefer Purl for any particular reason?

Kind of what I suspected. I snagged a long, clean sheet of paper out of the paint shop and scrapped my daughters skis on top of that. Even with the ease of doing it that way, seemed like a lot of hassle.
I totally agree on the therapeutic thing. Shops up here sell one pound blocks I think you could get them in your town. No reason for Purl other than they make good wax and they're a Colorado company.

Get a brass brush, nylon brush, and soft horse hair.
20180203_145145.jpg

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fun weekend so far. Stayed up until 1am last night playing n64. I won every round in Goldeneye. Love proximity mines in the facility. :brows:

Rode bikes today. Supposed to get lots of snow tomorrow....

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
aced my interview yesterday and have a verbal "offer" of 2.5% less than I make now...but it's 30 minutes closer to home which will give me an hour of my life back, and a commute that can occur any time I want it to, so that I don't have to go into the city. Plus I get to ditch my shitty manager, and a workplace that is highly competitive rather than collaborative. Is that really a decision?
Congrats! :cheers:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Strangely quiet in the house. Wife has been at work, lil man is with Grandpa all weekend.

Gonna try to go skiing for a bit after shift in the morning, but..... I just don't think this snow storm is coming like they said it was being it's 50° currently.

On a side note, had to turn away my first customer for my side business today as he just plain had unrealistic expectations for the end product. Hopefully he doesn't tell too many people I am an asshole and don't know anything......

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So my ten yo was super excited when I picked him up at the Village today. He said "Dad, I did Corbet's!"
I asked him "How did it go?"
He said "Great!!! I slid down the whole thing on my belly!"
I thought that was about perfect.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Of course my son gets full blown sick when we had plans to go out and free babysitters.
Don't sweat it, man - that'll get worse.

So my ten yo was super excited when I picked him up at the Village today. He said "Dad, I did Corbet's!"
I asked him "How did it go?"
He said "Great!!! I slid down the whole thing on my belly!"
I thought that was about perfect.
I need to ski with your kid - pretty sure that's how I'd style Corbet's. :p

Atomic automatic 109. 182 length
Why so short, grasshopper?? ;)

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Did a good ride today. Nice conditions, good loop, and felt strong. It's the second ride in a row someone has commented on my "pace". I'll take it.

Good dinner and a nice quiet night at home with the kids not fighting. I'll take that too.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Did a good ride today. Nice conditions, good loop, and felt strong. It's the second ride in a row someone has commented on my "pace". I'll take it.

Good dinner and a nice quiet night at home with the kids not fighting. I'll take that too.
Y U Strava?

Rode this evening, a bit over 11 miles on frozen therefore fast trails. Real dirt season cannot come soon enough.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Atomic automatic 109. 182 length
Why so short, grasshopper?? ;)
Agreed. Wide planks also probably have lots of rocker, which makes the effective edge shorter yet. For Stoney: I’m on 177s and I’m 173 cm tall, for reference...

You all can laugh at me for getting the family out of the house too late but between traffic and Loveland Pass being closed in the morning it took just shy of 3.5 hours to get to A-Basin, which then proved to be packed with half of Denver. Mariko’s instructor sucked, too, and took her and the other kid in the group only on the magic carpet. She’s a good sport but probably got more out of the one run she took with me than from doing 100 ft runs.

I do not think I’ll be going back to A-Basin: might as well hit Breck on weekdays and for weekends, I don’t know, Winter Park instead?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Recommendation from ski instructor is no more group lessons. She's beyond the capacity of even the intermediate level training for 4/5 year olds. She's jumping off terrain and is starting to parallel turn, but that is what she is really working on now.

Some amusement was had when the instructor told me that she had to tell her to stop trying to ski backwards. Because why not, now is a good time to learn how to ski backwards.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had no idea dentists rode Evil bikes. Sort of take the whole Evil out of it when being ridden by a spandex dentist. :rofl:

Took the pooch for a short hike in the woods at Stub. Weather was perfect, she was awesome off lead. I put her on the 25' lead when there were folks around, but it was pretty empty and it was great. I wish I was on a bike, but woods are woods.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Agreed. Wide planks also probably have lots of rocker, which makes the effective edge shorter yet. For Stoney: I’m on 177s and I’m 173 cm tall, for reference...

You all can laugh at me for getting the family out of the house too late but between traffic and Loveland Pass being closed in the morning it took just shy of 3.5 hours to get to A-Basin, which then proved to be packed with half of Denver. Mariko’s instructor sucked, too, and took her and the other kid in the group only on the magic carpet. She’s a good sport but probably got more out of the one run she took with me than from doing 100 ft runs.

I do not think I’ll be going back to A-Basin: might as well hit Breck on weekdays and for weekends, I don’t know, Winter Park instead?
We left at 6am and pulled up to Loveland at 7:45ish with a gas and a bathroom stop.

Undoubtedly the skis were too short. It's generally hard finding giant skis.