Quantcast

Sept 11

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
When it's convenient, political types are the first to say "let's put it behind us".

But when they want everyone to overlook our military raping teenagers and murdering civilians, and our government basically screwing up everything they touch, it's time to pull out that pic.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
That black smoking hole is where Jeff died.

He was my wife's Uncle (by marriage), but her Aunt Heidi was only a few years older than her and they lived together while growing up. Therefore, I guess he would be better defined as a Brother-In-Law.

I met Jeff while he was still dating Heidi. We drove out to CT when they got married and my wife stood up at their wedding. We stayed at their apartment when they lived in Valley Forge, PA and they visited us in Newport, RI when we won a trip to the first Xgames ever. Back then it was so small. Maybe 100 people watching Tony Hawk ride the halfpipe. Good Times.

My first trip to New York was when we had to drive through Manhattan to get to the wedding. The second was when we drove back to Manhattan for his funeral.

We drove, because airplanes were still not flying. He had not been confirmed dead yet, but after he didn't make it back home by the evening of 9/12 we were pretty sure. He had gone to work early that morning and his desk was right where the plane crashed into WTC1. Same floor. Same side.

It took months until he was confirmed dead through DNA analysis. They were able to match a bone fragment to a sample taken from his toothbrush.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I'm just glad that President Bush made sure that they guy who did it has been brought to justice. Just think, you know that if Al Gore was president, Saddam Hussein would still be out there threatening the United States.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I simply love how you guys have taken N 8's simple reminder of the brutality of these people and turned it into something retarded. Nice job. :clapping:

Y'all crack me up.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You mean to tell me n8 took time out of his precious day to grace us with a copy/paste and we turned it into something pointless?

Wow, this day in RM history, Sep 11th, I will never forget this day now.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It still blows me away that we have 47 different views of the planes hitting the towers and we have only 4 grainy frames of a "plane" hitting the pentagon.

I would like to think we had better video security at the pentagon, but I guess downtown is a nicer view.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It still blows me away that we have 47 different views of the planes hitting the towers and we have only 4 grainy frames of a "plane" hitting the pentagon.

I would like to think we had better video security at the pentagon, but I guess downtown is a nicer view.
not watching NOVA tonite on pbs eh?

:disgust1:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
not watching NOVA tonite on pbs eh?

:disgust1:
NOVA isn't on tonight. All I see is:
"Building on Ground Zero" details some of the structural reasons for the collapse of the World Trade Center buildings, employing computer animation and 9/11 footage to explain a National Institute for Standards and Technology report on the subject.

playing on the 15th. Are they going to show improved pentagon footage as well? That was my point, sorry you missed it.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
NOVA isn't on tonight. All I see is:
"Building on Ground Zero" details some of the structural reasons for the collapse of the World Trade Center buildings, employing computer animation and 9/11 footage to explain a National Institute for Standards and Technology report on the subject.

playing on the 15th. Are they going to show improved pentagon footage as well? That was my point, sorry you missed it.

..pretty sure every paranoid goofball knows a cruise missile hit the pentagon... duhh!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm just wondering why there's two massive holes in lower Manhattan six years later with nearly nil for reconstruction effort...****, by this point after WW2 Pearl Harbor had been rebuilt, upgraded, and the Marshall Plan was taking effect in Europe.

Sounds reminiscent.

Some "resolve", eh N8? I'm sure that retarded magnet on your FJ Compensator does a whole lot.

RenegadeRick

..pretty sure every paranoid goofball knows a cruise missile hit the pentagon... duhh!
The no plane at the Pentagon theory is one that has been throughly discredited.

The most questionable thing about the Pentagon strike is the fact that even after the two towers had been struck, this plane was known hijacked for almost 40 minutes, and nothing was done to stop it in the most heavily defended airspace in the country. Plus, Mineta's testimony about Cheney's conversation confirms that this plane was being tracked by the military.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
That were dated September 12th 2001.. And when is all the material and possible evidence going to released from this "ongoing investigation".

RenegadeRick

Where is this at? I have yet to see anything resembling a plane anywhere near the pentagon.

Even n8 agrees.
Here are some very good links.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ppfinal.html
http://www.thesimon.com/magazine/articles/canon_fodder/01434_flight_77_struck_pentagon.html
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread79655/pg1

Many security cameras record at low frame rates. I don't know the distance covered by the security camera that the frames were released from, but at 500mph, it would have been traveled very quickly. We are lucky to have gotten any frames from that security camera at all.

There are reports that there are many other security cameras in the area, and that the government has confiscated those tapes. I do not know if this is true or not. I suspect that some of these other tapes may have more favorable angles, but may also have lower resolutions and may be equally worthless.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Many security cameras record at low frame rates. I don't know the distance covered by the security camera that the frames were released from, but at 500mph, it would have been traveled very quickly. We are lucky to have gotten any frames from that security camera at all.
Damn those pilots must have evolved a lot playing flight simulators in malls around the country, inbetween Sept 11 and those succesfull Cessna lessons...

I suspect that some of these other tapes may have more favorable angles, but may also have lower resolutions and may be equally worthless.
Who cares if they're worthless, release allt the evidence and confiscated material and let people see for them selves.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here are some very good links.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ppfinal.html
http://www.thesimon.com/magazine/articles/canon_fodder/01434_flight_77_struck_pentagon.html
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread79655/pg1

There are reports that there are many other security cameras in the area, and that the government has confiscated those tapes. I do not know if this is true or not. I suspect that some of these other tapes may have more favorable angles, but may also have lower resolutions and may be equally worthless.
So you are telling me that the Pentagon only has security cameras that do stop motion, yet my LBS has full motion video on 4 cameras? Seriously, so I can run up to that side of the pentagon and the surveillance video of it would be worse quality than if I robbed 7-11. That's awesome.

I feel safer already.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
At 500mph the plane was covering 733 feet per second. At a one second frame rate unless it snapped right at the moment the plane was directly in front of the camera you wouldn't see it.

Conspiracy theorists are nutz. To imply the government created all this would also imply they could all keep a secret. Bwahahahahah!!!! Right!!

This doesn't mean the government isn't without blame on 9/11. Years of failed foreign policy have brought us here.

Mike

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
So you are telling me that the Pentagon only has security cameras that do stop motion, yet my LBS has full motion video on 4 cameras? Seriously, so I can run up to that side of the pentagon and the surveillance video of it would be worse quality than if I robbed 7-11. That's awesome.

I feel safer already.
Classic conspiracy theorist thinking: if it sounds reasonable, it must be true.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
At 500mph the plane was covering 733 feet per second. At a one second frame rate unless it snapped right at the moment the plane was directly in front of the camera you wouldn't see it.

Conspiracy theorists are nutz. To imply the government created all this would also imply they could all keep a secret. Bwahahahahah!!!! Right!!

This doesn't mean the government isn't without blame on 9/11. Years of failed foreign policy have brought us here.

Mike
:stupid:

RenegadeRick

Mike
So you are telling me that the Pentagon only has security cameras that do stop motion, yet my LBS has full motion video on 4 cameras?
I don't know anything about the camera technology at the Pentagon. I do know about electronics, and I know early adopters, often pay a premium price for inferior technology. Who do you think had cameras first, the Pentagon or your LBS? Even at today's 60fps, you still wouldn't see much of a 500mph object.

What conspiracy theorists are is irrelevant and whether or not a secret could be kept is also irrelevant. What matters are facts. Ridiculing people that present facts does not make them true or false. Evidence that supports or refutes facts makes a difference, and there is much verifiable evidence that does not coincide with the physics behind the official story.

There is a lot of wild speculation and crazy stories surrounding 9-11, but one must review and verify the facts that they are based upon. Things cannot be accepted or dismissed simply because some :monkey: says so. You should do your own research.

The no plane theory has been completely discredited by folks most Americans would call conspiracy theorists. How did they do this? By reviewing the available evidence.

Does anyone here still think that there was no plane? If so, please provide supporting evidence. I have presented credible evidence that a plane did strike the Pentagon, and if you cannot, then the theory stands as discredited. Please stop trotting out the no plane theory as why conspiracy theorists are nutz. No credible person still believes this after reviewing the evidence.

Without an independent investigation, the 9-11 issue will remain open.

There are certain key pieces of evidence, that the debunkers continue to refuse to address, and just because Rosie O'Donnell is a fat lesbian, does not mean that a carbon based open air fire can melt steel.

This doesn't mean the government isn't without blame on 9/11.
The question is how much...

Years of failed foreign policy have brought us here.
You are referring to the last 6 years, right?

:bonk:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I absolutely agree to question everything and do your homework.

does not mean that a carbon based open air fire can melt steel.
It didn't have to melt it. I just had to weaken it structurally. That happens just above 500 degrees.

The question is how much...

You are referring to the last 6 years, right?
More like the last 60. We created Saddam and Bin Laden and a host of others by backing the lesser of two evils. Then are shocked when the dogs turn around and bite the hand that feeds them.

RenegadeRick

it sure is.

It didn't have to melt it. I just had to weaken it structurally. That happens just above 500 degrees.
Nobody (credible) denies that the steel may have been weakened sufficiently to cause a collapse. Nobody on either side disputes the fact that the temperatures weren't hot enough to melt steel. And even though everyone agrees that these fires could not melt steel, the fact remains that molten steel was found at all three buildings.

Evidence for the molten steel is provided in Dr. Jones paper and at this link too http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/thermite.htm.

Molten steel cannot be explained by the official story. This issue is consistently ignored by the debunkers because their official conspiracy theory doesn't support it. Avoiding discussion of a fact is not a valid method of disputing it.

More like the last 60. We created Saddam and Bin Laden and a host of others by backing the lesser of two evils. Then are shocked when the dogs turn around and bite the hand that feeds them.
Sorry, I was trying to be funny with the last 6 years comment, although in my opinion, the US has ****ed up foreign policy at an accelerated rate since 9-11.

Yeah, the US made Saddam and Bin Ladin. More recently, Bin Laden :dead: has been made into Emmanuel Goldstein.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Classic conspiracy theorist thinking: if it sounds reasonable, it must be true.
Conspiracies is about knowledge. No one is born with knowledge, we have to seek it.

I think this is the smiley you seek:
Very funny, even got birdies flying around it..

Nobody (credible) denies that the steel may have been weakened sufficiently to cause a collapse. Nobody on either side disputes the fact that the temperatures weren't hot enough to melt steel. And even though everyone agrees that these fires could not melt steel, the fact remains that molten steel was found at all three buildings.

Evidence for the molten steel is provided in Dr. Jones paper and at this link too http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/thermite.htm.

Molten steel cannot be explained by the official story. This issue is consistently ignored by the debunkers because their official conspiracy theory doesn't support it. Avoiding discussion of a fact is not a valid method of disputing it.
From the Pentagon flight they have identified people through fingerprints and DNA, but how come there can be any fingerprints left while the two Rolls Royce engines, that the plane carried, of 6tons each completely melted? 12 tons of metal vaporized and fingers didn't..

Also, in one documentary I saw there was an open book lying on a chair that was just centimiters away from falling into the mess made by the "plane". How come that didn't burn any of its pages?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Conspiracies is about knowledge. No one is born with knowledge, we have to seek it.

From the Pentagon flight they have identified people through fingerprints and DNA, but how come there can be any fingerprints left while the two Rolls Royce engines, that the plane carried, of 6tons each completely melted? 12 tons of metal vaporized and fingers didn't..

Also, in one documentary I saw there was an open book lying on a chair that was just centimiters away from falling into the mess made by the "plane". How come that didn't burn any of its pages?
Historical knowledge is not sought through pure analytical reasoning. That is what conspiracy theorists do- they suggest the reasonability of certain events or actions by claiming an amount of reasonability without corresponding evidence. Case in point: are you a scientist? Do you know how human bodies, fingerprints, etc. react in a plane crash? How much do you know about the physics of intentional plane crashes at incredibly high speed? It may be reasonable to assume that all would be incinerated, but is there a truly scientific (ie based on experiment or practical observation from similar events) way of determining that this should be the case? Reality often does not fall as we think it might based on our pure reasoning.

Furthermore, if we assume that this was a conspiracy of sorts and that this cannot be proven, it would require a large machinery of effort and planning (ie, the conspirators are intelligent and thorough). If what you suggest in your questions is true, we also have to assume that they are unaware of apparently easily grasped facts- that DNA would be destroyed, etc. Unless we add further layers of conspiracy on this (making the entire thing less plausible) then we have to accept that the conspirators are both incredibly intelligent and incredibly stupid.