Quantcast

Snowboarding

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Since the trails are too muddy around here, snowboarding if the only thing that will keep me sane...

I've been waiting for Mt Hood Meadows to open for a couple weeks now, and there's still not enough snow. They should be running by early December.

Who would want to get together for a sunday snowboarding trip up to meadows? I'd probably have space for a couple people, to save on gas.

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Hey there Zane,
Yeah my buddy and I were thinking of Hood also. Looking like Stevens might open this weekend though if the friday/sat storm is as big as they are predicting.

Watching ever so closely

Cool avatar :thumb:

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
bibs said:
I want to ride Mt. Hood this year, never been there..Im stuck on Stevens..I would like to travel around more this winter....check out new stuff...and the go huckmyself of of it :D :thumb:
I went to Mt. Hood for an 8th grade trip. Best weekend ever (besides whistler). Hood is tons of fun!!! :thumb: Unfortunately I grew out of all of my snowboard gear and don't have any money to buy new gear especially since I'm trying to get a new frame. I guess no more snowboarding for me. :(

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Bachelor doesn't have a whole lot of snow yet - I check about 5 times a day...can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
girlwhoboards said:
what...you are letting a little thing like no gear get you down...just start asking for what you need and it will magically appear. i waited way too long to start mtbing, moto, snow boarding, wake boarding, surfing, etc, just cause i didn't have the goods. there is such a thing as borrowing too...just return the favor when you can...so what do you need? :)
-Kim
Not sure if you were talking to me, :confused: but I need a board, boots and bindings. I would have bindings but I got screwed at a k2 sale and got to right foot bindings. I only looked at one of the bindings. :stupid:

bibs said:
I cant wait to break ou tthe snowmobiles and ride!!
~Cory
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah sh!t son, just placed my order for my new Illuminati board and my bro who's sponsored by them(used to ride for option) is going to be coming up here twice a month. I can't fricken wait for snowboard season!!! What's going to be sweet is that I'll be able to ride with most of you and bust out where as I've just started to learn the NW style of riding on my bike. So I get to show up some on the board as you've showed me up on the bike. I'll be driving the big chev dog to crystal frequently so if anyone wants to ride, drop me an email. Maybe we could setup some carpoolin' to the local spots as well as some of the greater distance local's like Whistler, Bachelor & Baker. Bibs, where do you take the beals out at? I've been dying to get in some backcountry riding. Used to do it all the time in Montana and WY but haven't been out around here.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
mserko1 said:
Not sure if you were talking to me, :confused: but I need a board, boots and bindings. I would have bindings but I got screwed at a k2 sale and got to right foot bindings. I only looked at one of the bindings. :stupid:

Sell them on ebay.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Bwahahahaha! you funny guy.

I got some old bibs I need to sell there.

You know my gig. I'll be up every weekend at Alpy and Wednesdays(oh yeah, those mofos at stevens... Make that Thursday nights at Stevens...)

Got a couple boards I'll part with cheap too if anyone's in need. Not on the bay, but real, in person like. 161 and 165

Oly, we're riding for sure. Are Fridays still good hooky days?

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
If Stevens is open by next monday, I'm definitely heading up early. Might be a pow day. I can only go for a few hours and will leaving the parking lot at 12 sharp, but I have one seat available in my truck so if someone wants a FREE RIDE (ha ha) up there, shoot me a pm or something.

NineFingers said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah sh!t son, just placed my order for my new Illuminati board and my bro who's sponsored by them(used to ride for option) is going to be coming up here twice a month. I can't fricken wait for snowboard season!!! What's going to be sweet is that I'll be able to ride with most of you and bust out where as I've just started to learn the NW style of riding on my bike. So I get to show up some on the board as you've showed me up on the bike. I'll be driving the big chev dog to crystal frequently so if anyone wants to ride, drop me an email. Maybe we could setup some carpoolin' to the local spots as well as some of the greater distance local's like Whistler, Bachelor & Baker. Bibs, where do you take the beals out at? I've been dying to get in some backcountry riding. Used to do it all the time in Montana and WY but haven't been out around here.

WERD!....I used to have a big chev..I miss her!(pic attached) My parents have a cabin in Plain(by Leavenworth) so we take em out in that area. Theres some cool lil spots to build kickers and play....we will have to hook up for a ride then!...you can teach me some things...Ive been riding for 13 years but still need help ;) Stevens is my home, but this year it might be
SNO-crummy!

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I've been checking the snow reports a couple times a day, as for Hood meadows probably won't be open until next week, ski bowl barely has any snow (and it sucks even when it does), and timberline is open but overpriced. I'm just holding out for meadows....
I have work and finals next week, but if meadows opens up during the week I just might have to skip work and head up.

I also used to have a big chev- '79 3/4 ton longbed, 39.5 swampers.... damn, I miss that truck. Too bad I don't have any digi pics of it.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
zane said:
ski bowl barely has any snow (and it sucks even when it does)
not if you know where to go. The Bowl has some of the best powder/steep riding ive ever had.... even better than meadows. But its rare that it gets that good.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
bibs said:

WERD!....I used to have a big chev..I miss her!(pic attached) My parents have a cabin in Plain(by Leavenworth) so we take em out in that area. Theres some cool lil spots to build kickers and play....we will have to hook up for a ride then!...you can teach me some things...Ive been riding for 13 years but still need help ;) Stevens is my home, but this year it might be
SNO-crummy!
I can hear the country music coming from that truck through the picture.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Borneo said:
Got a couple boards I'll part with cheap too if anyone's in need. Not on the bay, but real, in person like. 161 and 165

Oly, we're riding for sure. Are Fridays still good hooky days?
What boards?? Out of curiousity... not like i need one... :)

I think fridays are flexible.........

girlwhoboards said:
yep...was talking to you or anybody for that mattter...if you want to do something bad enough manifest it/get the word out and it will happen. i got my board and bindings at the k2 sale last year for 185. i also got my coat and pants for 60 at the alphanumeric warehouse sale. it's not my top picks but it works and so i'm happy...besides...it's just rediculous to pay full retail anymore. so my suggestion is if you want to do this make a list of what you'll need and post it...and also to snowboardseattle.com. there are just other ways of doing things in life...a little on the more underground side. hope this helps ;)

P.S. For the guy who posted about Plain...that's one of my favorite spots in WA.

IM the guy, Plian is my winter home(actually mom and step dad own it) but what ever....who checking! ;) Good times out there! :love: :sneaky:

zane said:
I've been checking the snow reports a couple times a day, as for Hood meadows probably won't be open until next week, ski bowl barely has any snow (and it sucks even when it does), and timberline is open but overpriced. I'm just holding out for meadows....
I have work and finals next week, but if meadows opens up during the week I just might have to skip work and head up.

I also used to have a big chev- '79 3/4 ton longbed, 39.5 swampers.... damn, I miss that truck. Too bad I don't have any digi pics of it.
ZANE~
dang 39s..them is big! ;) Mine was 36s and a 6" lift( no body lift) full size spare..It was fuN!...heres another truck (gotta love scanners) pic :D

bibs said:

SNO-crummy!
13 years, well that's about the same for me. I skied from 3rd grade to 8th grade and have been boarding for the past 10 years, going on #11. We used to skip school on the pow days, man do I miss MT. I lived about 20 min from www.bridgerbowl.com and in MT everyone had beals to get to the goods. Shoot, I remember building kickers in my backyard, this one year I dragged the Xmas tree out into the yard and made it into a rail slide, lol...

Anyhow, yeah, will have to hook up and ride fo sho. Ever since I blew out my knees on a big gap I've layed low on the tricks but I'd love to get in some steep sketchy chute sections with some nice cliff drops on a deep powdy day.

Here's a pic of my baby, love her to death but I've been thinking about down sizing lately... :(

Boardergirl, I think a yahoo friends group is a great idea. Last year I did alot of driving to crystal with 3 seats open, would be great to carpool in the chev dog.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
I's love to grab a seat to crystal. Theres some real goods there. I do have a pass for the scummit..... but wont use it much im sure.....just when alpys real good, and during a few night rides.....

CRYSTAL MTN. is the only place I've found close that offers what I'm used to. I spend most of my time on the far back 2 chair where the new lodge is going up. That line that comes down the middle with all those different cliff lines is soooo fun on a good pow day!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
I am always down to hit up other areas! Anytime you guys want to do it, I'm there!
It would be fun to get a group from up here and go down to hood! I've got the itch to get on my boerd or skis really bad!
And I can't wait to show off the most "BLINGENEST" ski poles ever! (THANKS, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
NineFingers said:
CRYSTAL MTN. is the only place I've found close that offers what I'm used to. I spend most of my time on the far back 2 chair where the new lodge is going up. That line that comes down the middle with all those different cliff lines is soooo fun on a good pow day!
Crystal rules! I started ski patrol up there last year and I have learned even more of the mountain and the "SECRET STASH". I would ski or ride with any of you guys up there anytime!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
holliswood said:
Crystal rules! I started ski patrol up there last year and I have learned even more of the mountain and the "SECRET STASH". I would ski or ride with any of you guys up there anytime!

I hear the guy that scored you those poles wants a tour of the "SECRET STASH" in payment.... :)

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
oly said:
I hear the guy that scored you those poles wants a tour of the "SECRET STASH" in payment.... :)
Well you tell that guy no problem! I would love to go to the mountain with "that guy" and I might even buy him a beer or two after we ride! :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
holliswood said:
Well you tell that guy no problem! I would love to go to the mountain with "that guy" and I might even buy him a beer or two after we ride! :thumb:

Cool. I just called him, but his phone was busy.... must be surfing the web... :)