Quantcast

Snowshoe & Monster Park

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Like Willeville said, anyone who considers themselves a "freerider" must show up for Monster Park, or they suck. You can only not come if you are dying. All the top freeriders in the world will be there. Lasts from July 1-3rd. BIGGINS, you are also required to come!!!

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Here is all the info. The Monster Park/Slopestyle event will be held on July 1st through July 3rd. It is sponsored by Bike Magazine, Kona, and Snowshoe.
Here is the rider list:

Aaron Chase, Cameron McCaul, Chris Duncan, Darren Berrecloth, Eric Porter
Jorie Lunn, Kirt Voreis, Kyle Ebbett, Paul Basagoitia, Thomas Vanderham, Wade Simmons, Wayne Goss, Tyler Klaussen, Jeff Lenosky, Matt Hunter, Timo Pritzel, Randy Spangler, Cameron Zinc, Kurt Sorge (2004 Ultimate Freeride Challenge Winner) and Grant Breshears.

Hell yeah Monkeys!!! If you aren't there, you are missing out. For any information, click here: http://ride.snowshoemtn.com/monsterpark.html

Greensborians, as far as I know, arrangements for lodging are being made. I will try to get everyone in the loop once everything is figured out.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Hell yeah. I'll be there for sure. Me and motomike will be up there early afternoon Friday. Have I ridden with you before? I think I remember riding with someone who had an 04 P.2 and/or an SGS. I ride a raw 04 C'Dale Gemini 2000.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yeah, i've ridden with you before, just can't remember where. Most everyone taht motomike has ridden with I have too. Slopestyle is gonna be so badass.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
you sure Moto? By the way, I am currently talking to gastro about lodging at Snowshoe. I think arrangements will be similar to your trip last weekend, but I will let you know as soon as I figure everything out (PM you later). Also, do you know anything about Avid Juicy Sevens? Are they good brake? I hear nothing but excellent.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
maybe i am thinking of a camo gemini, anyways, the juicy 7s are good, my freind has the juicy 5es and he loves them. get the 7s and not the 5s tho you want to be able to adjust the levers, and loc tite your rotor bolts as well, my freinds rotor came loose at pee wees.
I ORDERD MY FOX 40 TODAY!!!!! sorry i couldnt keep it in im stoked.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
cool. As for the Juicys, I'm not *crazy* about them, but they should be ok. They are squishy feeling. Come to the shop and ride one of the bikes with them on it. Or not. I think we have an Enduro with an 8" Juicy.

Hard to bleed and can be very finicky.

**Come to think of it, I know y'all have never met before.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yeah, I found a great deal on a pair of juicy's and was just wondering if they were worth it. A guy named Brian rides a camo green Gemini, you probably have seen him around. you know Merritt White, owner of Re:Cycles? He just got a '05 Shiver DC on his Bender Edition Scream, and it's awesome (very spoogeworthy). The 40's kick ass, I just don't have the money to drop on one.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Ok moto. Are the Juicy's better than the Hayes HFX-9's I have on my Gemini? Reason I'm asking: I can get Juicy 7's for about $140 a pop brand new. Anyways, here's the event!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
$140.00 each? That's quite alot. Look around some more. I think universal cycles dot com has HFX 9s for $85 a piece. I know you have these, but as an example. Check it out.

stubby

Turbo Monkey
Mar 5, 2005
Davidson, NC AKA DURTY THIRTY
i wonder if that has more travelthan the gemini?
idk if they are overrated, but a sgs world cup with a fox 40 will be bangin, and it rides 2inches lower than a 888. btw what stem do you guys use, i have that integrated zocchi and i need a new stem when my 40 comes i was thinkin along the lines of a vice stem, or thomson, i have a hussefelt on my other bike and its ok but it creaks like all othre truvativ parts. i run 25.4 mm easton ea70s btw.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Race Face Diabolus is my vote if you want the stiffest and strongest under you. Thomson now makes a stem called the X4, which is lighter than a Diabolus, but not noticeably. Besides, you don't get the cool laser-etched frame. I think the "Gracia" has a few more mm's of travel than the Gemini DH, about 8".

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yeah, the Diabolus if fu**ing bombproof. Besides, when was the last time Race Face did you wrong? They arguably make the best sh*t out there.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yes, back to Monster.....I can't wait to see Basagoitia; he's come up fast and throws down hard, every time. Aaron Chase will rock it too, as usual. Anyone in particular ur hoping to see? Moto? Do you guys know if there will be a demo day there? That's the word on the streets

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
Chase will still be in his element hes great on DJs but the drops are going to kill him. Berrecloth will throw down and kick ass but I dont think he will win again this year. I think some up and comming star is going to take it.

Sep 22, 2004
go to paceline in g-boro and they have Cedrics biike there$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. and Chase WILL be out of his element, refer back to Qrank Werks.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
By the way, Mike will have the floor. Do you want to set something up for Monster because no one in the Greensboro crew has done so yet. We need to get on that tomorrow.