Quantcast

Snowshoe race #4 shuttle bus running?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Damn Drew - you're not quite as nice as Steve. I'm going regardless because I want to ride DH as much as possible before the winter time forces me to ride my trail bike more.

dhrookie

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
Obetz, OH
Weather looks sh1tty next week. bring your spikes.

FYI: Team Chainsmoke is having a party on Sat. night at the Red Rover in honor of the trail crew and employees of the shoe. We will have raffles going and swag from our sponsors. The Rover will have drink specials and a band. There will be a five dollar cover, no one under 21.

rewster

Monkey
Feb 3, 2007
charlotte nc
Hell, that party....plus the fact that the rest of the mtn IS OPEN....thats probably enough reason to get me out there. A race is only 1 run. A race weekend is about a whole lot more than 1 run.:)
i didn't read anything about wine cooler specials, and i think the daquari mixer is broken.

d.tate

Judge Dread
May 22, 2007
I agree with OB1, I doubt there will be as many racers since the course is on the basin side so the race should be over pretty quick. I would predict 150 racers at best at 30 second intervals instead of a minute. The whole thing could be over in an hour and half. Plus, should be fun being able to ride the entire mountain on the Western side. The one thing that does suck is that race 4 is one week before closing weekend. I'm going to try to make both but damn that's a lot of travelling.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Looks good to me. Very different that other SS courses and I welcome it every once in a while. I am loving all the grass. The turns will be killer.

OB1

Monkey
Wow, you're a real...glass is half full kind of guy profro. Right on. BTW, don't forget yer long johns fellas!! Tomorrows HIGH temp will be 42 up in the village. This weekend won't get out of the low 50's. And there is ALWAYS the potential of wet. All it takes is the right clothes to stay comfy!! Get out your winter clothes and pack accordingly! Or....as profro would say...."the weather forecast says we won't be sweating our asses off!" haha

And thank you Snowshoe for an EPIC season. First year season pass holder here! And happy I did. See you guys this weekend!

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
man that is different.... straight down under the lift huh? I thought they would have
used more in the woods. Oh well, it'll be different for sure.
yea one woods section?
wish the energy that was put into the last few races courses was put into this one.
Too much good racing in NC, left me only using my season pass for SS twice this season, whata waste:think:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
We ended up racing the local race 3 hours away in the sun rather than driving 10+ hours. I heard it was cold and slick.
Only the race course was slick. Everything else on the entire mountain, including the Western side was in absolutely perfect shape. You couldn't have asked for better trail conditions outside of that one run.

OB1

Monkey
Bunch a guys driving 5+ hours to ride 1 drop, in ruts and mud....SUCKERS!:rofl: All the guys who were riders first, racer boi's second, had a great time! I had a full weekend of riding without any mud. Western side was in prime shape. Good times! :D

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yeah, I missed riding the other side of the mountain, well I got in a run or two.
But, the race course was fun for my race run, Had a fun weekend in all actually.
Guess you don't mind a mud shute when you do well in the race, seems
like that was the secret to doing well on that course, mentally dialing it.
I had trouble with some sections all weekend but, on my last practice run
all the riding on that trail all weekend paid off with a clean run, which transferred
over to the best race run I have had all year, still not perfect
but, worth the time I missed "riding" the Western side!
Oh and my drive was 10.5 hours one way! Racer Boi for Life! haha

Last edited: