Quantcast

Snowshoe Update...

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Check it out guys...

Dual course is approaching completion and looking sweet. We plan on having it completed by the weekend so for those who may be making a trip in it should open to ride. Dirt Jumps are now dialed in and super fun. A Hip/Table has been built into the backside of the first berm of the Dual.

The Crew has also been working super hard on the DH course for the first race. It is unanimously decided that this course will beat any and all courses previous here at Snowshoe. One section we are really excited about is the new finish that will be used for this first course. There still is some work to be done, I will be sure to post some pic's as it develops. I can't even begin to explain how stoked the guy's are about this new section...

More details with the events schedule and weekend itinerary will be updated on our site. Keep posted to: www.ride.snowshoemtn.com

Hope everyone is ready for an incredible start to the Powerade Race Series of 2006!

-Trail Crew-

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Two courses again?

I'm completely stoked. I had such a blast last year it should have been illegal....or maybe it was....:think:

No no, it was, all legal! :D

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
superdeft- If they run this like the past mayhem races then everything on the moutain will be open to ride on race weekends. Makes it nice if the race course gets crowded you can hit something else.

SK6- I think they are just running the one course for everybody. There are good ride arounds at the drops.

They had most of the course laid out when I was there last weekend had a blast on it, cant wait for the race.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
It is basicly the pro course from last year with some cool little changes thown in. Not sure about the finish line

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
Holy crap those jumps and that course look so awsome I pee'd myself with excitment...now I have to got to snowshoe sometime.

John M

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
S/E Mich (pancake)
RepoDemoRider said:
Hey T-Pro,the lifts will be running on Fridays race weekends according
to the website.True!?
That Is a great question. I will be there to ride on Friday before the race. So is the lift running on that day????- JM

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
RepoDemoRider said:
Hey T-Pro,the lifts will be running on Fridays race weekends according
to the website.True!?
Dont count on it. They also have the memorial day weekend dates listed as May 26-28 and the western lift only ran on Sat and Sun

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I'm absolutely stoked! Gonna be fun. We're gonna do the grillin thing like we did at Mass....

Brats and burgers! (Of course, beer will flow a plenty! ;) )

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
I'm absolutely stoked! Gonna be fun. We're gonna do the grillin thing like we did at Mass....

Brats and burgers! (Of course, beer will flow a plenty! ;) )
I think the parking lot where you are staying overlooks the DS course. We can cook out listen to the band and watch the DS race, sounds like fun.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Had a request for directions from Richmond. Takes about 3 ½ from the western part of Richmond going this way.

1- Take 64 west to 81 north.
2- Take exit 225 off of 81. Take left at stop sign.
3- Go until you get to the next stop sign and take a right onto 250 west.
4- Stay on 250 west until you get into Monterey.
5- Turn left at flashing light onto 220 south.
6- Go 4 miles and take a right onto 84.
7- Stay on 84 into West Virginia until you get to the next stop sign.
8- Take a right onto 92 at stop sign.
9- Look for signs for Cass and follow them into Cass. Cass is on 66 off of 92, it will be a left turn. Continue through Cass up the mountain to Snowshoe.

Hope this helps
Dennis

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
John M said:
That Is a great question. I will be there to ride on Friday before the race. So is the lift running on that day????- JM
Sorry but that is a discrepency on our site. The shuttle will be running friday from 9-5:30pm leaving every half hour. Lift will operate Saturday and Sunday.

Camping options are primarily at Silver Creek. General campsites are free and don't require any prior reservations. If you are needing power hookup you will need to get ahold of our Check-in Center.

I should have some pics of the new DH finish posted tonight.

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Here is a few pic's from the DH course. The lower section is pretty wide open. Using huge amounts of terrain, natural rolls, banks, and drops. Very little breaking needs to be used allowing huge amounts of flow and speed for those who can maintain it. We had a full day of machine work on it today and really put it to use. Finishline booter is a monster for those who have it in them to pin it. Low consequence jump if you come up short but the transition is a little over a 30' distance out. We had a few test pilots today and everything was dialed in pretty well.

MetalMTB- the closest public showers are located at Split Rock pools in the village. A central location of the event.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
You are the only man to ever post pics on the Internet that gave me a boner....:eek:

I cannot wait till next Saturday!!!

How is the landing on the last one?

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
long and very gradual... 30' to the start of the Transition and 60' to the flat bottom.

definitley a speed and distance jump

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
sirknight6 said:
Oh no......Dennis knows which one(s) I'm referring too!:blah:
Uh no I dont and Im not sure I want a reminder. Are you refering to the pics of wayne on the way home? Now that was f*cked up

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Not that one, but yeah, that was fvcked up...he left cheek imprints on the back seat...:eek:

I guess he doesn't like Black Label Society....:D