Quantcast

Snowshoe Update...

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Is the race course open to anybody and everybody not during racing time? I think I will be up there the begining of July and would like to ride the race course. :love:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Trevyn-

heard some rumors about 'no rocks' on this course? it can't be true!

im planning on racing this weekend on the Stab, is it do-able?

Eyedfy

Chimp
May 22, 2006
ATL
1st time at Snowshoe driving up from Atlanta. Was supposed to go with a group who backed out last minute. Any other solo riders heading up? I'm not racing (only 4 months into dh), but wanna ride mostly, watch some good racing, ride again, rinse, repeat...

Will arrive thurs. pm, and will be camping.

Anybody from ATL wanto split gas?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Eyedfy: Race the Intro class. That's what its for, you are the textbook guy who should be racing it.

Look for me, long haired fat kid with tattoos running a Demo 9 and a Morewood DS bike, we'll do Jager.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
AlmostHeaven said:
Trevyn-

heard some rumors about 'no rocks' on this course? it can't be true!

im planning on racing this weekend on the Stab, is it do-able?
I've heard they set up a special course just for you down lower Hairball.

:sneaky:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
SKYWAYBUZZ said:
Ya Why not race, all the way from Atlanta, just think all the great memories for the ride home.
Also if you enter the race you can ride the whole moutain Sat and Sun for just the entry fee to the race which I believe is $45.

Eyedfy

Chimp
May 22, 2006
ATL
denjen said:
Also if you enter the race you can ride the whole moutain Sat and Sun for just the entry fee to the race which I believe is $45.
Yeah, wife wants me to roll with another person, tho. I don't know, something about broken bones and dragging myself off the trails with one arm.....

women....

The race could be a better idea, as others will be on the course. I'm sure I could hook up for the non-race rides as well.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Talked to a friend of mine that rode at SS last weekend. He said the race course is pretty badass. It sounds like they cut a new section of trail at the finish line. Instead of going over the drop under the lift you go left to the rock drop on the slope then onto the new stuff that T-pro posted pics of. Cant wait

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Paging Snowshoe race info folks:

Will I be able to register on Saturday? It doesn't say so on the flyer.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
spoke80 said:
Paging Snowshoe race info folks:

Will I be able to register on Saturday? It doesn't say so on the flyer.
According to the girl I spoke to at the info number, yes. Treyvn didn't mention about Sat registering when I spoke to him Monday. I know you can deifintely register Fri 5-9pm and Sunday 8-9am. Call the MAC and ask for Treyvn, 304-572-5917 or 5958.

Also the practice schedule has changed a bit for the weekend. Sat is 10-3pm for ALL classes, 3-4pm for Elite only. Sunday is 9-10am for Intro and Amatuer, 10-11am for Elite. Race starts at 11:30am.

HTH

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Thank you for the information.

I just called the MAC and riders will be able to register 8:00am - 3:00pm on Saturday.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
man that jump on the bottom of the course looks like the single to flat they had out in the middle of sheys revenge last year, before the hip. I hope its not to flat, becuase the last one to flat sucked