Quantcast

Snowshoe

turnerdhr

Chimp
Jan 12, 2007
MORGANTOWN WV
Has anyone heard the schedule for the 2007 snowshoe race series. i heard there were going to be 3 races and thats it.. and i hope monster park is back so i can see it this year..hope to see everyone there this summer

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
soo, sell me a frame. anybody? ~8in travel, not too expensive. Needs seatpost and rear wheel/hub if its not a 135x10. the rest i gots.

nothing busted.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
i've been looking to upgrade my ac for a while now so its not totally out of the blue. got a stack of shiny parts that will go on the new bike. just need a frame that is worthy.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
why are there only 3 races this year? [Paging t-pro, t-pro to the front desk please] Is it because monster park is not up there this year?

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I have a one season Demo 9 Pro I am selling.
King head set, 888 works fork, 550# ti spring.

I have the parts to make it work for a skinny guy, and my guy I bought the spring from said he'd trade the big guy one for a lighter spring.

Want to talk price?

T-Pro

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
we need answers T-pro WHY?
There are a few details within our events this year I hope to finalize here shortly.

In short we are going with a less intense race series this year to help our trail crew focus on general park development. With less races and events it will free up many dollars and man hours that we can now focus on other areas we weren't able to last year. This is a goal we fell short of last year as we were so occupied with Monster Park and the race series. Monster Park alone takes our full attention for 45days+.

In summer 07 also look for:
• A revised operating schedule to accommodate a huge increase in the Western Territory Lift operations.
• A revamped trail crew with new heavy artillery. We are looking at having two machines at our finger tips for 3 months this summer. Last year we had one machine for around a total of 3 weeks, monster park aside.
• Continuing high quality and innovative race courses.
• Improved season pass holder perks and privileges
• 2 coed and 1 women’s Shaums March freeride camps
To just to name a few…

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
What is the season pass for the winter there?
And do you need a 19 year old kid with no other discernable skills other then being able to throw dirt to come work for you?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
cant wait till opening weekend either...bummer though that monster park isnt there..
That could be a good thing. MP sucked up so much money and resources that it took away from trail building. Perhaps they'll be able to finall finish Powerline all the way to STP road now.

I'd rather ride than sit and watch others ride anyway.

Mike

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
That could be a good thing. MP sucked up so much money and resources that it took away from trail building. Perhaps they'll be able to finall finish Powerline all the way to STP road now.

Mike

I said it better...:p

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
Thanks for the update T-pro, I have a question, i have a little flyer thing that i got while i was up there and it doesnt say monster park is up there? What are the dates this year?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
So t-pro can you give us any details on what the plans are to update the park more trails? More stunts? I am planning on spending many weekends this year at the shoe and just looking for a little pre-season teaser...

turnerdhr

Chimp
Jan 12, 2007
MORGANTOWN WV
yeah can you tell us if there will be any new trails..new jumps or stunts...im buying a season pass and plan on being there all the time so i was curious as to what was going to be new..as manhattanprjkt said just a pre season teaser would be nice

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA

Mike
I agree 100%. Would rather see more trails and the western lift running on more weekends. After seeing first hand how much time and money went into MP with not much return to SS the resources could be better used.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Looking forward to riding some this year, already planning on making the 1st race and opening weekend other then that have not planned any further.I will have a new drive train and wheels buy then!!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I agree 100%. Would rather see more trails and the western lift running on more weekends. After seeing first hand how much time and money went into MP with not much return to SS the resources could be better used.
:imstupid: :clapping: as well, I really think ill spend alot more time down there if the western territory lift is running this year, its a 4hr drive but i really dont care given the quality of the terrain.

So powerline top to bottom starting and ending at the lifts would be INCREDBLE now lets just work on keeping it dry. I know it is a soar subject but but there needs to be some stunt flowy stuff on the western territories side just to even it out a bit, im not talking about interrupting the lay of the land on the trails that are already there but it could benefit from some park influence. There is so much land on that side i cant wait to see what is in store.

F monster park at this point, riding is good :thumb:...