Quantcast

Snowshoe

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
keep that stunt sh!t on the basin side!!! the western side is for downhill ,not gay freeride stuff!! I think the westen side should stay completely natural!! freeride stunts are gay and dead!!! long live true downhill!!!

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Well glad to see that some people are so open minded , how about to H*** with the DH and work on the true trails of the western side XC,The XC what started the whole SS thing back in the80's and 90's. NOT!! I think that SS should try and do a little of it all some new stunts ,new DH ,and refurbish the XC trails. Hope this does not start a flaming thing ,just wanted to show how focused WE all get sometimes an one thing and not the over all picture, and whats best for SS. Just so that people know I love to DH and always look forward to going to Snowshoe to ride, but I enjoy Freeriding and XC just as much.

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
I would think (of course from a non professional trail builders point of view) the trouble with building stunts on the western side is logistics. The moving of material and the construction required to make the stunt last and safe would consume a good deal of resources. I would guess it would be a 2:1 ratio, meaning I bet you could build two natural DH trails with the resources (labor, equipment & material)required for one stunt trail.

That being said, maybe SS could take a page out of the Whistler play book and include some "stunts" on the western side in order to bridge gaps in the terrain such as problem areas that are consistantly wet or say a shear cliff/rock band. Therefore, for it is not necesarry a stunt trail but a DH run that has some TTFs that increase the flow of the DH run. All of you Garbonzo verterans will know what I am talking about........

FWIW, My 2 pennies...........

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
i was trying to see how people would react everyone needs to lighten up!! get off the stupid computer and spend some time with your families!!!! that way you can get away in the summer without hearing about it from loved ones.
and yes SDH is right !! it takes to much time and materials to do something like that on the western side!! but i say freeriding is a fad that will die soon!!! long live true DH!!!

ha ha ha ha !!! just joking no one bust a nut!!!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
i was trying to see how people would react everyone needs to lighten up!! get off the stupid computer and spend some time with your families!!!! that way you can get away in the summer without hearing about it from loved ones.
and yes SDH is right !! it takes to much time and materials to do something like that on the western side!! but i say freeriding is a fad that will die soon!!! long live true DH!!!

ha ha ha ha !!! just joking no one bust a nut!!!
Word!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I would think (of course from a non professional trail builders point of view) the trouble with building stunts on the western side is logistics. The moving of material and the construction required to make the stunt last and safe would consume a good deal of resources. I would guess it would be a 2:1 ratio, meaning I bet you could build two natural DH trails with the resources (labor, equipment & material)required for one stunt trail.

That being said, maybe SS could take a page out of the Whistler play book and include some "stunts" on the western side in order to bridge gaps in the terrain such as problem areas that are consistantly wet or say a shear cliff/rock band. Therefore, for it is not necesarry a stunt trail but a DH run that has some TTFs that increase the flow of the DH run. All of you Garbonzo verterans will know what I am talking about........

FWIW, My 2 pennies...........
Great idea's im totally behind that, make the stunts or bridges useful, eitherway love the place i would just like to see some wooden stuff integrated on the western side...

turnerdhr

Chimp
Jan 12, 2007
MORGANTOWN WV
i think they should keep the western side for the true DH and maybe integrate a few wooden stunts in there for flow..but other then that i think the freeride should stay on the basin side..but what the hell i just love riding there so whatever happens will happen

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
I think they should just have downhill race tracks on the western slope and some other trails with wooden structures thrown in. Just don't combine the two...There's so much room over there anyway its not like they don't have enough room to expand.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
is it really such a hardship for you downhill purists to ride over 10 yards of planks and do a little drop? I don't think anybody is advocating the huge NS and super slow tech sections found on the other side, but imagine barrelling down some rocky chute and throwing your bike up onto a big, well built wallride or something. I think the western terr should continue to be all about speed, but there are "freeride" elements that would enhance the end user experience.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
is it really such a hardship for you downhill purists to ride over 10 yards of planks and do a little drop? I don't think anybody is advocating the huge NS and super slow tech sections found on the other side, but imagine barrelling down some rocky chute and throwing your bike up onto a big, well built wallride or something. I think the western terr should continue to be all about speed, but there are "freeride" elements that would enhance the end user experience.
:clapping: my thoughts exactly, just keep that side rippin!

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
I think there should be freeride elements on certain trails on the western territory. Take hair ball or quick draw for example. They are not downhill race trails, they are tight and techy. I think the two ladder drops under the lift at the bottom of quick flow perfectly and I dont think those trails would be hurt by adding a few ladder and stunts

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
well hope to see yall up there this summer, i rode with kevin and mike last sumemr and i ought to be racing this year i think, give the fact i dont get a rental stuck in 9th gear gain, those things are sh!t