Quantcast

so whos doing the melt-down

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Well, I would come up and do it if my bike wasnt screwed up so much, front brakes need to be bled, need new rear brake pads, need new front and rear derailleur, and I need two need rotors. I cant pull that much money out in one week. That and Im not spending any money on my bike untill I get my new camera. I will tell you this though, dont be afraid of the white lense pointing at your face. I'll be there as a photographer..... hopefully, along with another guy. If I dont come with the gear I'll come up and throw rocks at you...cough cough, I mean support you.:)

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Looks like I'm out, my new replacement derailer hangers won't be in until next Tuesday :redhot:

The loop is definitely a burner. Have you guys been riding the race loop? I've done about 7+ laps on it recently and it is a lot of fun. I will at least show up to support a couple of my friends.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
O.K. fokey how bout you give me the money to buy the parts? Then I'll do it. Alos I will still get to throw rocks and sticks at you...speaking of o-hill im heading to the jumps now, so if you read this meet me up there some time.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BIRDMAN111 said:
yeah the loop is alot easier if it is cooler out side. charlie and i did it today and it was burning hot. i also need a good jersey. cotton t-shirts are hot hot hot.
Your starting to sound like an old man...:p

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Performance has some cheap ones time to time. I have grabbed all of mine for between $12-$20

Do you live on Westerly?

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
umm I think im buyin the weaties jearsy so you could maybe rock the wonder bread but probobly not, since that fat **** already bought it. I dont see how that guy is planning on completing a loop and two would just not be possible. I wonder if anyone is going to rock the climb which is impossible

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
i have decided what im gonna wear for the meltdown in lack of a jersey. im gonna use my cross country running jersey. its made out of the same stuff, but tank top style. it wont protect me at all, but the xc riding jerseys dont either.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BIRDMAN111 said:
i have decided what im gonna wear for the meltdown in lack of a jersey. im gonna use my cross country running jersey. its made out of the same stuff, but tank top style. it wont protect me at all, but the xc riding jerseys dont either.
I noticed you chose to ignore the old man comment...:p

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Bearmntpicnic said:
I wonder if anyone is going to rock the climb which is impossible
Everyone I have been riding the loop with can clean all of the climbs. The one that climbs up from the lower loop next to 29/250 bypass up to the fire road is a total bitch though. I'm usually at a crawl by the time we get to the top and it takes me a minute to let my heart rate go down.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
BIRDMAN111 said:
no were talking about the climb right at the end of the loop that is straight up and rocky as a bitch. its hard to push up it

i can clim that one near 250 but it blows nuts.
Oh yeah, I forgot... right after the descent from the power line and on down to the right towards the small wood bridge? That one skipped my mind. I only know of one person who can clean it... and of course that is Paul Buschi :hot:

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Ok, so what race is everyone doing, I need to know so I can set up shop. Hopefully all of you will be doing the 1:00 race so I'll have you all to distract.

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Anyone have any info on what kind of trail this is? The last time I raced in C-ville area it was at an orchard on the top of a mountain, all pretty much wide open. I don't think that trail every even went into the woods.:nonono: Is the trail tight and twisty or just wide and rough?:think:

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
One word for 0- hill.... Whack

Its up, down, left, right, hard, easy, rocks, roots, OUCH!, tree, runners, old men with dogs, it is a great place to ride, not so easy though, unless you pick the crap trails.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
noname said:
Anyone have any info on what kind of trail this is? The last time I raced in C-ville area it was at an orchard on the top of a mountain, all pretty much wide open. I don't think that trail every even went into the woods.:nonono: Is the trail tight and twisty or just wide and rough?:think:
O-Hill is anything BUT wide and out in the open. Twisty, rocky, rooty, up, down, switchback to rib crack! It's not all that bad, but it ain't no walk in the park either. A hell of a lot of fun if you've never ridden there.

edit: look's like VaNIlLin81 shares the same sentiments... lol. :)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you guys are looking for cheap shirts for summer riding check out duofold T-shirts at campmor.com. When on sale they go for $6 or so. I think Performance sells them but at the outrageous price of $14.

BIRDMAN111

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2006
at school dreaming about trails
yeah there is no "easy" features. lots of rocks. steep down hills and many trees to grab you handle bars as you fly down the mountain. the climbs are pretty brutal when your tired. much harder than walnut creek i think.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
dude o-hill is like the best place ever. and mudnsweat, paul is going to kick everyones ass he is so beast I almost went with him and wade to climb reddish it would have sucked, since paul an x trek pro rider. but yeah its supposed to rainy so I dont think anyone will be making the climb, the others crappy climb is the one like comming up from 250

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
i wanna do the MD so bad, its not that im outa shape as much as my bike being gay.. lets see here...i ziptie my left shoe to my foot, need front brakes bled, need new rear brake pads, need two new rotors, need new rear de. need front de. to be adjusted......hmmmm

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
well goody goody im doing it anyway..and btw btw..

the trail is totally dif than what you and charlie did, you have to climb daves dunn..its way diff..u dont even go on the far side of the mountain

i did pick up a camelback for tomorrow..me and jake are doing the 11:00

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
VaNIlLin81 said:
well goody goody im doing it anyway..and btw btw..

the trail is totally dif than what you and charlie did, you have to climb daves dunn..its way diff..u dont even go on the far side of the mountain

i did pick up a camelback for tomorrow..me and jake are doing the 11:00
Are you sure? We rode it with one of the organizers the other day and it definitely covers all sides of O-Hill without question. The course we ran was the same they have mapped out on the website too. Did they mark the course today or something?