Quantcast

so whos doing the melt-down

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
How was it overall? Did you run the whole thing? I think I may show up even though my hanger is jacked and I can only use my four lowest gears.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I'm actually more excited to do it with a little mud. Should make it more interesting. Downside is it will be bad for the trails to run a race in these conditions. I wonder what will happen? I'll ride the focker in the rain if I have to.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
the course was almost totally dry and the race was really good except for one thing. the trailsd were horribly marked thanks to paige. alot of top riders and expert class made wrong turns and got dq

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
i thought the course was marked fairly well...but i also did the course the day before... so that may have something to do with it...and Jake shoup placed second out of all beginners and 1st in under 18 class...only one guy was ahead of him by 7 seconds..and he was sponsered by trek....so i must say i give jake total props

and its to bad some peoples bikes broke..but atleast you gave effort right.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
BIRDMAN111 said:
i hate mech. problems. i would have won the sport class if i hadnt had to stop after the first lap because i had no front brake and gears skipping after every pedal due to my broken shifter.

yeah foky, that def was really ****ty

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
VaNIlLin81 said:
i thought the course was marked fairly well...but i also did the course the day before... so that may have something to do with it...and Jake shoup placed second out of all beginners and 1st in under 18 class...only one guy was ahead of him by 7 seconds..and he was sponsered by trek....so i must say i give jake total props

and its to bad some peoples bikes broke..but atleast you gave effort right.
There was one spot where there were no markings. I went the direction that all the tire marks seemed to point to. I then almost ran into all the top pro/expert riders who were climbing back up the hill I was bombing down after they too had taken the wrong turn. Luckily no collisions took place. Once it was figured out J. Bishop and Paul grabbed some arrows and remarked the trail and added some logs to block the wrong ways. It made no difference to him as he was going to kill everyone else anyway. There were a few other places that the arrows were hard to find when you were hauling ass.

This seems to happen every year at O-hill, it wouldn't suprise me if someone was out there purposely pulling down course markers.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Well Jake Shoup, Lil guy on Sette Reken came in 2nd out of all, and the guy that came in 1st was sponsored. I don't know what I came in out of all, but I got 3rd in my class...(and thats out of 3):) At least I wasnt the last one to cross the finish line, I just wanted to get it done. I think if I was in shape I could have done better by 10 minutes. I walked alot of the ups.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
Yeah dude, so this summer we are gonna get a team going. How should we go about doing this? I guess it'd be Jake, you, Charlie, and me. It'll be bad ass..im gonna go tomorrow and do the loop again prolly. My mom is making me go to church cuz its easter..woo hoo

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
I think he broke the rear shifter...and the front brake was acting stupid so even if he laid on the front brake it would'nt give him any stopping power.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
fokey I dont know i think I could have had you in the first loop if my drive train didnt fall apart and go up in flames. it would have also been really nice the have a non downhill reary rimy and a hub that worked but hell I cant complain since you most deffenity would have killed me on the second lap i still would have easily gotten second though since the eventual winner was good 15+ minutes behind us on the first lap. fokey would you like to ride after school.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
I say we all meet up and do the loop tomorrow after school.

Me and Jake did 3/4 of it today then went to Walnut Creek and rode for two hours.

VaNIlLin81

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
c-ville
So Rich, when you gonna come out here and ride with us young fellows.
I'm gonna try and get a ride at Walnut on April 29. Hopefully some people can come out?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
April 29th is two weeks from last saturday right? If so, I'll be off work and down to ride for sure. I'm sure we can get a good group of people together.