Aaron (non munkey) on the left

Mike on the right

Aaron on the right

I rode but no one else hada camera so...no pics of me

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
More. The last shot it was too dark to see the landing so we called it quits.
It was a good time. Alex hit the DJs on his first run. No warm up. We converted another BMX grommet to the dark side too.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
It has been pointed out that there just aren't enough pics to post of my back yard stunts...... Probably due to the fact I don't own a camera.

Tell you what, I'll go out and pick up a reasonable digital camera if our most talented biking Kak-a-lakians come out to Tar River and strut their stuff for some shots.

.......As soon as this wet weather gives us a break.

trailmaster

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bizutch said:
wet? I'd say. It's been snowing here...2 inches and still coming down. Oh, and Biggins is a fish fokker

smells like fish, tastes like...................fish

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
The snow came down most of the day...melting as it hit the ground.....continueing the meltdown of mother earth. Good for fish. Seriously sucks for the new dirt jumps.

Can't imagine the jumps at Country park were saved, or that they will be usable for a week or so. Which reminds me, I am So friggin jealous of some people who can get the county to bring in heavy equiptment and truckloads of dirt to build jumps, when I'm out here digging with a mataxe and long handle, at night, with a helmet light, day after day, after puttin in my 8 hours at the day job. It ain't fair I tell ya, it just ain't fair.

Even so, I gotta give credit where credit is due. They have done a great job and got some great results for their labors. Good Job Dudes!!

Now, about those Stunt pics of Tar River. I know it's way out in the sticks, 30 miles the other side of nowhere(which must be right around Mebane). Tell ya what I'll do. We can make it a weekend. I'll throw a party. I'll fire up the smoker for some Que, and provide the first case of brews (while maintaining a high level of saftey).

Drive up Saturday. Ride some that evening. Bonfire and party at the trailhead. Camp over and ride Sunday. (There are three seperate trails with jumps and stuff and over 15 miles of singletrack at Tar River) And peeps can hit Estes, Counrty Park or Salem lake on their comin's or goin's.

What Say?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
L.I.B. I'll be there early Sunday mornin' when the roosters a yellin' to hit up some monster jumps. I ain't leavin' 'till that there sun goes 'round and disappears. It'll be the Sunday ho-down, biker style. I'm afraid of the dark.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
TM1 said:
The snow came down most of the day...melting as it hit the ground.....continueing the meltdown of mother earth. Good for fish. Seriously sucks for the new dirt jumps.

Can't imagine the jumps at Country park were saved, or that they will be usable for a week or so. Which reminds me, I am So friggin jealous of some people who can get the county to bring in heavy equiptment and truckloads of dirt to build jumps, when I'm out here digging with a mataxe and long handle, at night, with a helmet light, day after day, after puttin in my 8 hours at the day job. It ain't fair I tell ya, it just ain't fair.

Even so, I gotta give credit where credit is due. They have done a great job and got some great results for their labors. Good Job Dudes!!

Now, about those Stunt pics of Tar River. I know it's way out in the sticks, 30 miles the other side of nowhere(which must be right around Mebane). Tell ya what I'll do. We can make it a weekend. I'll throw a party. I'll fire up the smoker for some Que, and provide the first case of brews (while maintaining a high level of saftey).

Drive up Saturday. Ride some that evening. Bonfire and party at the trailhead. Camp over and ride Sunday. (There are three seperate trails with jumps and stuff and over 15 miles of singletrack at Tar River) And peeps can hit Estes, Counrty Park or Salem lake on their comin's or goin's.

What Say?

You just wait, County Park will be perfect within 2-3 days of the precipitation accumulation.

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
I hope your right. That could mean Sunday could be good. I was baseing my conjectour on predicted rain for most of the next week.

(A little jealousy don't make me wish bad for the jumps at Greensboro.)

What about the party thing?

Feb 13, 2005
NC
Hey TM1,

For the rest of you that don't know TM1, he is in fact, one hell of a fine trail builder and builds some of the best stunts around using a mix of wood, dirt, rock, and natural terrane. Here are some pics of my boy on some of TM1's stunts.

BTW, I like yer idea about a weekend. But this weekend is no good for the boy and me.

Oh yeah and TM1, if motomike is who I think he is, him and escapeartist and the other dudes from G-boro can flat out kill it. You are in for a real treat if they show up...

Dang...my 2nd edit. I read more of this thread and felt compelled to add more...
This first huck is on a hill so steep you can hardly walk up it. You can go as big as you want off this thing.​
The second stunt is adjustable. It's on the lowest setting in the picture (a 4.5 ft drop to transition) but you can adjust it up so that you get between 6 and 8 ft off the ground.​
The third stunt is a 3ft drop integrated into a loop.​
The forth stunt is a 15 gap jump. The run in is interesting...a 7ft high teeter that you must go slow over.​

Attachments

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yeah the tar river stuff is real cool. greyhound and i went there and i thoroughly got my ass handed to me by greyhound. homeboy has that stuff wired.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Mountain Geeker said:
Hey TM1,

For the rest of you that don't know TM1, he is in fact, one hell of a fine trail builder and builds some of the best stunts around using a mix of wood, dirt, rock, and natural terrane. Here are some pics of my boy on some of TM1's stunts.

BTW, I like yer idea about a weekend. But this weekend is no good for the boy and me.

Oh yeah and TM1, if motomike is who I think he is, him and escapeartist and the other dudes from G-boro can flat out kill it. You are in for a real treat if they show up...

Dang...my 2nd edit. I read more of this thread and felt compelled to add more...
This first huck is on a hill so steep you can hardly walk up it. You can go as big as you want off this thing.​
The second stunt is adjustable. It's on the lowest setting in the picture (a 4.5 ft drop to transition) but you can adjust it up so that you get between 6 and 8 ft off the ground.​
The third stunt is a 3ft drop integrated into a loop.​
The forth stunt is a 15 gap jump. The run in is interesting...a 7ft high teeter that you must go slow over.​
Those pics are great, your son is getting better everytime i c him. Where are those stunts? Im in colorado right now, but ill be back on Thursday and will be itchin to ride that weekend.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
On Saturday my buddy Jason (a noob) and I took the new camera out to Markham Park in Sunrise FL

Here is Jason doing pretty good for riding for like 6 months

Them me in the same trail

Then I went messing around on a newly cut line

Then Sunday it was the FTF at Oleta River State Park in NMB

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
As far as I know there kinda like the Winston-Salem freeride stuff. Technically illegal but sorta look the other way style. There's a ton of NS stuff out there and its built pretty well

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Me, Motomike, Manimal, Steven, and Aaron (Craky i think) went fishin' at a certain lake here in Winston Salem today.

Mike hittin showtime fishin hole

Me on the same jump

Tubby

Motomike earning his name

Aaron hittin one of the bigger fishin' holes

And finnally, what everyone who went on this ride has been waiting for. Manimal in his skinsuit complete with cape

Quick and dirty photoshop job of his post struggle-up-the-roll-in celebration (it was a really dark shot cause i had the exposure set and then zoomed in to capture the dance, so i lightened it a little)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
aw, brandon, that was some good fun. We ran into Jeff and company and after a while went to hit up the "other" jumps in WS...great place! Major shout-outs to Jeff and Brian for hooking that place up! Your the mans!

santacruzed

Monkey
Nov 6, 2004
hickory, nc
escapeartist said:
As far as I know there kinda like the Winston-Salem freeride stuff. Technically illegal but sorta look the other way style. There's a ton of NS stuff out there and its built pretty well
yeah thats about right---the city doesnt bother