Quantcast

southeast photo thread

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
None of us (formermtboarder, craky, and myself) had ever really done wallrides before so we figured the best way to learn was to build one. So we (and by we i mean former and craky, i showed up once it was finnished...lame i know) got a few pallets and set one up at former's house.

Formermtboarder on the wall

Me on the wall

Craky on the wall

former from behind

overall it worked really well. I think we're gonna add another brace for the first pallat at some time, work on the runup some and maybe eventually get a third pallat on it. It was definetly a lot of fun to session and definetly worth the work i personally didnt put into it

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
;)

Seriously though, it is invite only but PM me if you wanna come down sometime and I'll keep you informed of the next group ride......I'm near Lincolnton NC

CharlieM

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
Here's something that you don't see everyday!
DIRT SPINE!

The landing still needs work but we couldn't wait to ride it!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I've been wanting to build one of those dirt spines and Planet Zod's for a long time. We just don't have the room for it - too many trees.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
oh...ok, realized i already had a p-word for that site. he hit the drop to the left of the one you did in the second vid. looked to be pretty big.
where is this place and how do i get there from high point/greensboro area?

also, is this place kid friendly? would it be too much of a hassle to bring noah? he loves going to new places to ride but it's a chore if we have a lot of pedaling to get to the stunts.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
manimal said:
if its the same place that he was talking about......

does the drop line marked in red exist? i think that is the same place that zach was telling me about....really want to go.

Yes the line you have marked exists. yes its kid friendly. those skinnys close to the ground and that 3 drop bridge are in the parking lot. the skinnies in the woods are about 10 feet from the parking lot. and hucksville is like a football fields distance away from the parking lot. very close. and there are some fun trails there. there are directions on trianglemtb.com

But you would take us1 until you get to 1-40/ 1-440 towards benson/ wilmington. then once you are on 1-40 for a while there will be a split. you want to take the split to the right. going towards the beach. NOT the one going towards rocky mt. then you are going to get off on us70 east towards like atlantic beach or something. go down that until you get into clayton. after that go two stoplights down and turn left on robertson street. there is a drugstore on the corner where its at. go to the end and turn left. then turn right on some street and youll see it. but i would just use the directions on trianglemtb.com because im not very good at giving directions as you can see.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
ummm, so is it close to raleigh or farther east? i thought it was less than an hours drive from here but if it's on the other side of raleigh it'll be closer to 2. i'll check trainglemtb for directions...thanks for the info!

TM1

Monkey
Jul 19, 2002
Central NC
The biggest issue to geting to Clayton from WS is the traffic on I40 during rush hours. Coming from the west it's about 15 - 20 minutes longer than to Tar River, which is 35-40 minutes from the I40/I85 split.