Quantcast

southeast photo thread

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
that pic doesn't do it justice. i get weak knees just looking at it. you hit it yet alex? jeff is tha' man spankin' it on the hardtail . was he landing it smooth?

call me ghey...but i think i'm gonna wear my body armor the first time considering what that drop did to me when it was a couple feet shorter :eek:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
that pic doesn't do it justice. i get weak knees just looking at it. you hit it yet alex? jeff is tha' man spankin' it on the hardtail . was he landing it smooth?

call me ghey...but i think i'm gonna wear my body armor the first time considering what that drop did to me when it was a couple feet shorter :eek:
I havent hit it. I probably wont either. It's not really my bag.
Jeff killed it on that hardtail. With 24s and no front brake too!

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
hahaha, yeah. I was standing right at the place of the "accident". Fortunately, he didn't get hurt. that trail is so friggin' burly in spots, not a good place to wad it up...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
Yeah, some on Hedley (burly mainly because of the knee-deep leaves in spots covering up the loose rocks, etc - which I think is awesome!). I personally could have ridden beehive over and over all day. I hadn't been up there in about 3 years or so. Had forgotten how much fun all of it was...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Can you do a no footer to a front nose wheelie like that?
sure can...only with my moto background, you'd see the right wrist torqued hard as I try to twist my imaginary throttle to get the rear wheel back down.

Oh...and I'd like to think the expression on my face would be more hard edged and determined...all Point Break like and what not.:brow:

Jun 11, 2004
Both those trails are maaaad fun. Leafy indeed, I rode it yesterday.

Hey TP.....have you ridden Raider's? Just curious if its as good as Beehive.........
And heres a couple of pics to keep the Picture Nazi's happy.....:biggrin:

Photos courtesy of FreeRideSouth.com

Myself and Mr. Simmons hanging out at the TOE back in Florida for a Bike Magazine photo shoot Jan. 2005.

Sterling Lorence taking a picture of Wade at Markham Park in South Florida.

Jun 11, 2004
You guys must be specail!!!!
I've never heard the term "specail" before..........?

But, riding with Rob made me feel very special! Hang'in with Wade was OK.........I guess.
Note to self: Buy Cecil a pocket dictionary for Christmas so he has something to read while riding around on his "special" bus. :biggrin:
And a pic.........hey Rob.......do you remember these jumps? Ha ha....

Jun 11, 2004
No they were a figment of your imagination..
Why did I know you would say something like that.............:biggrin:

Remember these?
Yes, those were so much fun! DAMN HURRICANES!!

The look on Andy & Yuri's faces are priceless :cheers:
I'm not too sure........looks like they are checking out your backside.......:disgust:

Do you really have to post a picture to post in this thread?

Oh well, another pic of "hurricaned" jumps.........:rant:

Jun 11, 2004
I don't understand that last pic. A DH bike in South Florida on dirt jumps....is someone giving you a tow in? :D
Explanation: I'm not sure if I would call it a full on DH bike? Its a Bullit.....which at the time was my only bike. So I used it for everything. And those jumps were too damn fun not to ride just because I didn't have a hardtail or less travel fully.

Hope that helps.........and thanks for keeping score! :cheers:

BTW........that really sucked the other day........would have been cool if we all could have run a few laps together!

Here is another pic you can critique for me Butch! Its a "scratch and sniff" just for you..............:busted:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
NICE!
I wasn't trying to slam you bro. I was asking how the heck you get enough speed or run in on flat ground in SoFla to get a DH rig off the ground on a dirt jump.

Swannanoa has a downhill run in and it's all I can do to get my full sus to leave the ground there...

As for that ride, I called Jeremy about what you guys did. I said "So did your ride suck as bad as ours?"
He told me what happened with you guys and we got it even worse. After me and Matt went to my house and got him a bike with a functional crankarm...we snuck out to do a run down the road. Well...we leave his truck at the bottom and mine at the top. Guess who left his keys in my truck! Needless to say...i had a long haul up and we only got 1 mini-run in. Bad vibe day...need good karma.

Jun 11, 2004
NICE!
I wasn't trying to slam you bro. I was asking how the heck you get enough speed or run in on flat ground in SoFla to get a DH rig off the ground on a dirt jump.

Swannanoa has a downhill run in and it's all I can do to get my full sus to leave the ground there...

As for that ride, I called Jeremy about what you guys did. I said "So did your ride suck as bad as ours?"
He told me what happened with you guys and we got it even worse. After me and Matt went to my house and got him a bike with a functional crankarm...we snuck out to do a run down the road. Well...we leave his truck at the bottom and mine at the top. Guess who left his keys in my truck! Needless to say...i had a long haul up and we only got 1 mini-run in. Bad vibe day...need good karma.
Wow.......that does suck about your ride! Ours wasn't bad....the trails were fun actually! Its was just the length of time getting everything set up.............

To answer your original question....here is how we were getting the speed to hit those jumps back in South Florida. Picture quality sucks......but its self explanatory.