Quantcast

southeast photo thread

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i changed out noah's drivetrain to SRAM and finally put on a decent chain retention device (modded boomerang w/ rollers)
the SRAM stuff works so much better,even for the low end x5/x7 stuff.

he's purdy happy about the new shiny bits and he asked me to paint it military green and black, i suppose i'll do that next week :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
we've had them for about a year and half now. mine is heavily modified of course :D i just put a 31.8 hbar on there, all i need now is a 34T chainring and i can ditch the 3 ring setup. i've never used the granny ring and rarely use the big ring so there's not much point in having one. a dual bashguard setup would work better for me and would keep the chain from bouncing off on the stairs. the only big thing i need to change is the pos judy platform fork. it's a decent bike for what it is.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
don't get me wrong, the judy line has come a long way but it's more xc oriented and it worries me a bit when i put it under some pretty heavy stress.
we don't ride all of the time, almost everyday for about 4-6 hours but we still have our cars and do our normal stuff in those as well. the bikes are just good tools for getting in and out of the projects with a low profile; easier to see who's coming and going and a whole lot easier to chase people ;)
pic content:
OLD pic from okinawa (circa 2000), back when hucking 7' to flat was cool :rolleyes:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i never got any info as to whether skate cary was open or not today so we decided to go for a street session at uncg instead. escapeartist came along as well and played on his trick little eastern 20"

still from vid capture of me hitting the stair gap

noah

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
You gotta call the number on their website to see if they are open.

We had a good ride at Regency today. Some jumps were wet but we are also in the process of building a sick new line.

Picture content: (From summer)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
You gotta call the number on their website to see if they are open.
i did but they had the same message from yesterday saying they were closing early for the holiday and the first session wasn't until 3 today so i wouldn't have had time to make it by the time they came in...if they came in. we'll probably hit it up on saturday.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Thought I should post these here too:

A few of us went out to the Clemson DH course this past weekend. I am still learning the new SLR camera so the pictures are no perfect, but this is what I got.
Tooling around in the parking lot:

Bikes pictures:
Kenan’s new ride, Jeremy R’s old ride

My ride:

Jeremy R’s dreamy ride:

Bikes lying around on the trail side:

Random shots:
Mo and her dog:

Kenan being funny:

Bo with his hot self:

Demo Dave and Jeremy watching everyone ride the wall ride:

Jeff Kill:

Wall ride shots:
John:

Jeff Kill:

Kenan:

Demo Dave:

Bo:

Me:

Ripping up the Berms:
John:

Jeff Kill, Check out the “Tats”:

Jeremy R:

Me:

By the way we got to see some of the new stuff the Clemson Freeride team is building out there and the new Jump Line is going to be Sick!!!!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I'm with ya Cecil, I haven't been to No name in about a year and I've been itching to build up a hardtail. In fact I have a frame and about 50% of the components but I don't have the big ticket items, wheels, fork, brakes. Maybe when tax returns come:disgust:

Oct 9, 2006
I have a set of FUNN wheels and some brakes laying around... could help a bro out to have more folks to ride skatepark with....big bikes are a minority at that place.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Some pics from Saturday. A small crew came out from Winston Salem to session the jumps and go to the skate park. Manimal: I'll post Corey's pictures here when he gets them up:

Aaron, the mexican!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
after several attempts to make the double at my house big and rideable for me, i realized that it was just too close together and chopped it down for noah. he loves it and after only 4 jumps he started jumping over a kid picnic table.

i put a stick off to the side and took a pic to boost his confidence on how high he was really getting

his first attempt over the table (he cleared it but barely and the pic looks like he's manualing it ;) )

i took this from the vid so it's pretty crappy looking but he started figuring out how to boost a bit.

and a pic from regency yesterday. he was quite the helper :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
markham? i never made it that far south but, for a while, i was a regular at the TOE. then that place just got stupid sketchy and dangerous.

side note:

aaron drove his "riding truck" to regency. this has got to be the best shuttle truck/rack ever! you could put at least another 5-7 bikes over the tailgate. me thinks he needs to bring it to fontana :D