Quantcast

southeast photo thread

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Anyway...that little jump Mike does is butt pucker territory b/c if you stab the bank and high side...you're gonna roll like Farley in Black Sheep for a good 100 yards.

Yeah that thing is a mindfvck for sure. It's probably the most exposed jump I've ever hit, and you can't tell at all from the pictures. Luckily we just widened the bench cut after the landing to about twice what it was when you saw it. Parts of it are cut in 4+ feet deep in the side of the mountain.

As far as the secret stash, this one's pretty well-traveled by boonefolk, we're just trying to make it better for everyone...plus we love building trails. Riding your own handiwork is like nothing else.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
haha..those must have been your tire tracks i saw out at northwood the other day. that's the only place i'll ride after a rain, it dries out so fast :thumb: the cedar drop could use some TLC though, it's pretty sketchy now :eek:

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
forgot how to ride the bike yesterday for a second and got opened up by the entrance to the newest mulestar rock garden...kindof tickles now!

and one of Mike Cobler ripping it on the super D at Sugar this past summer:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
forgot how to ride the bike yesterday for a second and got opened up by the entrance to the newest mulestar rock garden...kindof tickles now! [/QUOTE]

ouch. i bet that bled a little.

i9 goodness
[img]http://www.pbase.com/robertseth/image/92420677/original.jpg

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
For the record I'm the Cobler Elf. I'm surprised you can't see the vomit stains on the bars. Wee bit of pedalling involved.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Nah, no commission work for i9... just one of several images from a for fun shoot with a buddies new banshee. My guess would be the excess lube was wiped off. I think the wheels were the first thing purchased for the build, so i know there was plenty of time for idle hands to clean them up a bit.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
in case you missed the CP workday thread:
got a lot of "clean up" done at CP today, rocks removed, holes filled, lips fixed. the place looks like a groomed bmx track now :thumb:
also built the beginners/yungins a stand alone double/stepdown. noah put in quite a bit of shovel work on this one and he helped move a lot of rocks as well. i was rather impressed...he didn't even whine or ask for food :thumb:

on the new double

double-hump-thingy at the bottome

trekbro has some pics of the groomed course now in the other thread.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
holy hell! if his mother sees that pic i'm going to beat your ass matt!!!!
i heard some snickering, saw a flash and turned to see matt showing me how proud he was of noah holding his beer....i didn't know you snapped the pic with it up to his mouth! i'm so gonna get you at clemson! ;)

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Except it looks identical to that beer can the guy beside him is holding.:poster_oops: you can't see the can but he looks too happy to be drinking soda.

jmzd4

Chimp
Nov 13, 2007
Quill stem, Canti's, and a reflector, what a ripper.

that's my cousin on the red biike. I bought that bike back in '93 or '94. Still got all the original equipment on it, except cables. I gave it to him so I wouldn't be the only idiot dumbass out in the woods.