Quantcast

SST sat 9/25

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
I"ll try and make it out on Sat. I was going to try and make it to whistler this weekend but that plan got shot down. Probably role out there around 11ish.

heres what happened, Stu owes what ever company that you need a part formmoney and thus..hes on buying hold...and therefore cannot get your part..either that or he forgot to order it..AND..you never said any of this or agreed..its just me ;) just like why your bike sat and niether your fork or new rear shock go there :( *MUAH*!! its sad, he could have such a good thing going.....but....:(

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Actually, Cory, it was a combination of having the part first go from Rockshox to SBS in Kent and then SBS to Alki (all via US Mail as opposed to, say, UPS).
The wrench that told me that he'd have it done today took off for the weekend as of yesterday and the part made it there today, but his wife took it home by accident. Wrench doesn't come back until Monday.
If it wasn't for the loaner-bike, Andy would have gone full-on ballistic - something that noboby has seen me do in.............many, many, many moons.

Yeah - don't mess w/ the West Side, foo!!!:cool:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
bikeguy100k said:
Damn, no SST for me today. I could feel a cold coming on last night and it is here in full effect today... LAME!
Much sadness:(
Something to make you feel better...I nearly finished my work on the far-bottom-right line. Just a couple little nips and tucks and it's ready to rip full-on.
:thumb:

I feel good myself, a little worn-down from several hrs. of throwing dirt around yesterday, but still going to drag my arse down there in a couple hrs. to get some rips in.

bikeguy100k said:
Damn, no SST for me today. I could feel a cold coming on last night and it is here in full effect today... LAME!
Well I'm glad I'm not the only sucker with the cold except mine started three days ago with some mad congestion. Yesterday the body was coughing and sneezing the bug out and today I'm left with a fun deep hack and the sniiiivle's... Gotta love the change of weather :mumble:

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Much sadness:(
Something to make you feel better...I nearly finished my work on the far-bottom-right line. Just a couple little nips and tucks and it's ready to rip full-on.
:thumb:

I feel good myself, a little worn-down from several hrs. of throwing dirt around yesterday, but still going to drag my arse down there in a couple hrs. to get some rips in.
DBR,

So you build down their eh? Is that area a go for building stuff? I'd like to start working on a good long DH/FR trail somewhere all winter so that us peeps on the westside have other options aside from I-90. Although I wouldn't mind helping out at SST but it seems like the area has more lines than a coke dealer.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeknomedir said:
DBR,

So you build down their eh? Is that area a go for building stuff? I'd like to start working on a good long DH/FR trail somewhere all winter so that us peeps on the westside have other options aside from I-90. Although I wouldn't mind helping out at SST but it seems like the area has more lines than a coke dealer.
From what one of my fellow builders (well, we are only really digging out there) told me from an encounter w/ Mr. Race Guy - "it's all good, so long as there are no ladders or huge gaps...you know where to put the gaps (pointed towards Softies)". Of course, there are a couple decent gaps down there now, so I don't know wft 'huge' is by his standards.
The only place left to cut trails is the last block of thicket just past where the current runs end. We are thinking of at least tossing in a couple/few low-lying skinnies in there to 'cop a feel' as to what is OK or not. There is that area past the end of the run thru the fence that has some pre-existing shake-bridges and the hillside behind it is has potential from what I've seen. Got machete??;)
The only real potential for long FR/DH runs that I can think of off the top of my head would be along the W. Marginal Wy. hillside (W. Seattle), but I'm sure there are other little hotspots that could warrant a look-see as well.
I agree we need some GOOD FR areas closer to the metro side of things.

DBR X6 RIDER said:
The only real potential for long FR/DH runs that I can think of off the top of my head would be along the W. Marginal Wy. hillside (W. Seattle), but I'm sure there are other little hotspots that could warrant a look-see as well.
I agree we need some GOOD FR areas closer to the metro side of things.
Well I'm down here off of 512 near Puyallup and I've found some decent spots that have been built for DH out at Victor falls but haven't been maintained for quiet some time. I was thinking about something a bit longer though as the spot I found is only about 300 yards straight down and looks like it will be developed within a year or two. I was thinking about somewhere up 410 where we can access a forest service road that would take us up to the top of the ridge lines. It would envolve some serious hiking to find a good line but we could mark it with hunter ribbon and slowly cut trail all winter. I've got a few friends who would be down! I'd like to make something that flows and has natural cliff drops, natural wall rides and hip jumps that we could use an old fire road to build off of. I know there's got to be some more peeps in the area that would be down for building a trail up 410. It would be sick to contribute to the movement and have people talk about a trail that we could build like they talk about the shore, we just need more participants. Then again, it would be nice to build something quiet so that just the cherrished few and friends could ride it.

Sep 8, 2004
Building up along 410 isn't a bad idea. Not sure if its legal or whatnot, but its a fun area. You did mention building during the winter though, and up there, thats not gonna happen. It'll get snowed in all the way to the bottom of FS-74/75/73, etc. They also close the gates to the higher elevation spots on FS-74/73/72 around november. It'd be a great place to build and ride during the summer. Over on the 70/72 side they've already got ranger creek/palisades/deep creek. It'd be kinda cool to go along and make something along those lines with more jumps and such. The 73/74/75 side might be a little better, I think it has a bit more tree cover, and wide open spots where you could get going a bit faster.

-James

jimbo_the_biker said:
Building up along 410 isn't a bad idea. Not sure if its legal or whatnot, but its a fun area. You did mention building during the winter though, and up there, thats not gonna happen. It'll get snowed in all the way to the bottom of FS-74/75/73, etc. They also close the gates to the higher elevation spots on FS-74/73/72 around november. It'd be a great place to build and ride during the summer. Over on the 70/72 side they've already got ranger creek/palisades/deep creek. It'd be kinda cool to go along and make something along those lines with more jumps and such. The 73/74/75 side might be a little better, I think it has a bit more tree cover, and wide open spots where you could get going a bit faster.

-James
James,

THe only place I've ridden up 410 is crystal Mtn. resort as I know the area from snowboard season. I've been wanting to ride ranger creek as I've heard it's killer! I kind of figured that building up there in the winter would be not possible with the snow but we could build up until and after the melt...? Problem is as you stated is the legal issues, it would probably have to be a pirate trail and well not too many people like that? So they do have the gates open in the summer? I really liked riding up at crystal for the simple fact that the trail flows and it's wide open for the most part, or at least sparced tree's. I wonder if we could just add onto an existing trail ? I'm open for suggestions...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
I would guess any attempts at building along the Noble Knob/Palisades area would not last long as there are alot of hikers/equestrians in that general region. I believe that is exclusive Forest Service land...if you got caught, there would likely be serious consequences to contend with.

There are some areas that I have seen in Greenwater itself - as you're heading out towards Crystal on the left, there's a road just beyond that cafe that leads to some of them. I know there's some DJ's for sure and I'd imagine there has to be some built up stuff as well. Another area I have heard of around there is the Mud Mtn. Dam region - don't know details as to where/what, but have heard about stuff built there also.

Either way...good luck!:)

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Tage and I were there from 9:45 to around 4:30. I'm tired. But it was a fun time. Sorry we missed ya. I would go tomorrow but i have homework.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
mserko1 said:
Tage and I were there from 9:45 to around 4:30. I'm tired. But it was a fun time. Sorry we missed ya. I would go tomorrow but i have homework.
Damn...you kids were relentless out there today. It was good running into you both and I had fun as well...despite that dorktard's effort to make things not so fun.
If I find out who dumped those crackers in the bushes, heads will roll.:D

no_secrets

Chimp
Jun 14, 2003
Back in Tac Safe and Sound
What about building something in/on/around the power line trails(tapeworm) in Renton? I have no idea what rules of the land puget power laid down for that area, but it seems that you could pack in some more trails/fun stuff there. Does anybody know if there are limits to what can be built there?

your not supposed to build over there, we got yelled at for the DJs we built..and the threat to have them removed...:( granted they are DJs but they dont want anything over there after all the stunts were removed, alot of kids live in the area and the DJs are big enough were you have to know what your doing to hit them, you cant accidentally hit them..if that makes sense?>

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
no_secrets said:
Yeah thats what I kind of thought...but I wasnt sure. What about the 3 built-in stunts on the trail? Are those not supposed to be there? Or are those the exception?
If you're referring to the ones on tapeworm (bridges), I am thinking those are there more or less to get over areas that are normally bogged down when the rainy season sets in. Otherwise, I have no clue really.

One option (I know Cory will :heart: this) is to get ahold of Stu @ Alki Bike and Board. They are in need of volunteers for the trails that they're putting together over on W. Marginal Wy. I don't know much as far as details, but from what I saw down there earlier this summer, it seems that they need some love.