Quantcast

Steve Peat Moves To Santa Cruz

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Not too many people seem to buy Orange bikes here in the United States, maybe Santa Cruz wants to sell their bikes overseas as well. I couldn't think of someone better than Steve Peat to be the spokesperson for them, along with Rennie, Zink, and the rest of the Santa Cruz Bike guys. They'd have a really hard team to beat!

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
this is 100% e-spec why would peat ditch orange. when he
a. lives in the uk
b. owns part of orange

just dosent add up thats like Brian lopes going to santa cruz

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
basically it said that the rumor has been confirmed and steve peat will join nathan rennie on santa cruz for 2006.

but I am not too sure I really trust that source.

vincent

Monkey
Aug 22, 2004
Bromont, Quebec
The rumor is confirmed. Steve Peat will run with Santa Cruz season 2006. According to diverse consulted sources, the British runner will be in the rows of Santa Cruz Bicycles next to Nathan Rennie in season 2006 of reduction. After long negotiations, Peat dissolves its personal equipment Orange that he himself maintained like manager, and will happen to integrate the equipment Santa Cruz, one of most powerful of the competition of present reduction. Still the details in the agreement are not known, but it is possible to be said that it is already a fact. Peat in Santa Cruz.

I too don't really trust that source but it's a beginning

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
vincent said:
The rumor is confirmed. Steve Peat will run with Santa Cruz season 2006. According to diverse consulted sources, the British runner will be in the rows of Santa Cruz Bicycles next to Nathan Rennie in season 2006 of reduction. After long negotiations, Peat dissolves its personal equipment Orange that he himself maintained like manager, and will happen to integrate the equipment Santa Cruz, one of most powerful of the competition of present reduction. Still the details in the agreement are not known, but it is possible to be said that it is already a fact. Peat in Santa Cruz.

I too don't really trust that source but it's a beginning
I don't know if I trust you either...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Peaty's contract isn't for sure yet. Orange is "still in negotiations" but have admitted that SC has made an offer they cannot match.

He iwll not be riding for sc usa, it will be the UK distributor.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
well if the move does happen i would imagine that orange's sales would go down. Transcend: any info about how soon something could be negotiated?

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Should be interesting to see Peaty on a V-10 (if it happens). I don't think I've ever seen him on anything but an Orange.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
transcend i though peat owned a fair amount of orange? if he leaves their gonna loose a **** load of money.

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
RaID said:
maybe he needs a non-single pivot bike to win the worlds :devil:
Hah, the "xxxx rider won yyyy race on zzzz bike so therefore zzzz MUST be good bikes" debate is pretty funny, especially when riders change teams.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Transcend said:
Peaty's contract isn't for sure yet. Orange is "still in negotiations" but have admitted that SC has made an offer they cannot match.

He iwll not be riding for sc usa, it will be the UK distributor.
No, I said some of the 'funding' will come from UK, but he would be a Intl. Santa Cruz rider ala Rob Roskopp would be his boss.