Quantcast

Steve Peat Moves To Santa Cruz

hellonasty

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
MSA
So any more news about this??? Is it just e-speculations, every forum around the globe has a topic about it, but nothing serious. Is anyone in the ''know''??

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
peaty will be bummed that he'll never get a v-10 down to the weight of the orange though

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
DHS said:
peaty will be bummed that he'll never get a v-10 down to the weight of the orange though
V10 has some strange geo also........14.8 BB, 67.5 HA......2.75 Stroke length.....usaully SC geo is dialed.....

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Come on people! I can't believe nobody has said "Cool, now maybe he'll finally win the World Championship, this is exactly what he needs." :blah:

Seriously that is pretty neat, but I'm an SCB 'ho.

Sep 10, 2001
There is a lot of buzz on this from some of my magazine friends.. The word is SCB wants a World Championship... They feel Peat is the guy to bring it to them...

Peat and Rennie does give them a couple fast guys on the DH course..

Brian

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
santa cruz will probably make a custom one for peaty anyway. still not going to be as light. ah well

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I can't wait to see what sort of speculation is going to be thrown around next season at Orange and Santa Cruz if either Peaty finally wins Worlds, has an incredible season and destroys the World Cup circuit, or has a bad/off year and doesn't win anything.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Kevin said:
Have you ever even ridden a new v10?
No, i would like too.......shyed away from considering a purchase because of the numbers......The geo looks kind of old school on paper......

I have ridden the VPP free and i like it alot.......but not a full-on downhill course....i liked it so much i took a long look at getting the V10 but in the end the numbers scared me away.....

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I got a good deal on mine but yeah its pretty expensive.
Totally worth every penny though.
Geo is spot on (Ive had a dorado and a boxxer in it) and the short stroke doesnt seem to effect anything too much.
Never any problems with BB placement either.
The bike just feels very natural in everything, cornering, fast open parts and especially in the rough stuff.
It just sucks everything up and doesnt complain about it.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
i just hear from deler in Croatia for S.C....

bullit will be defenetly on market 2007,. it will be "huge" inovation etc.
he told me as soon they makeprototyp andif they send him pic. of it i will put on RM...

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Cant Climb said:
V10 has some strange geo also........14.8 BB, 67.5 HA......2.75 Stroke length.....usaully SC geo is dialed.....
it seems dialed to me. remember the bike is designed to be set up with about 4 inches of sag. this will considerably lower the bb and slacken the head angle A LOT. can't comment on the shock but no one has really complained of it blowing up or anything yet so it seems to be okay.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i heard somewhere that peat might have some ownership part in orange, is this true? and if it is, why would he leave orange then?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
so lets reveiw what we've learned so far,
1.Steve Peat may or may not be jumping teams
2.Moving to Santa Cruz doesn't always meen moving to Santa Cruz
3.Peat and Cedric need to stop lollygagging around and go buy Foes DHS's if they rely want some championships!
3.The Santa Cruz Bullit is still cutting edge in croatia
4.Foes DHS have a 2:1 leverage ratio and adjustable BB height+ head tube angle thus negating all that nitpicking about geometry

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
maxyedor said:
so lets reveiw what we've learned so far,
1.Steve Peat may or may not be jumping teams
2.Moving to Santa Cruz doesn't always meen moving to Santa Cruz
3.Peat and Cedric need to stop lollygagging around and go buy Foes DHS's if they rely want some championships!
3.The Santa Cruz Bullit is still cutting edge in croatia
4.Foes DHS have a 2:1 leverage ratio and adjustable BB height+ head tube angle thus negating all that nitpicking about geometry
No soup for you!!!

:stosh:

1soulrider

Monkey
Apr 16, 2002
nor cal
Internal14 said:
So with Peat AND Rennie on SC....does this leave any room on the roster for our very own DhTahoe?:cool:
DhTahoe seems to prefer wenching on/near airplanes to riding his bike these days.....
I almost miss his bipolar ranting.
Well, almost.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
from what ive herd sc has offerd steve a better deal than orange will but steve is very devoted to orange and i just recived a signed poster from him that was an orange bikes poster. he helps out a lot with orange and is ona ll the 2006 adds and posters and such. steve moving to santa cruz is a rumor
not a fact.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Do you read? I just mentioned all of this a half page ago. It is NOT a rumour. They are in negotiations, they are very factual. He is also not on all of the 2006 advertising, they are using MANY images of Brendan F as well as other riders for posters and ads.