Quantcast

Sunday Morning Patapsco Rides

NaptownF400

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Elkridge, MD
Actually they're doing some heavy construction over there right now, so I think it's pretty much gridlock all the time :( It might be easier to take 395 or whatever and go through town to New York and pick up Rt 50 E from there to get back out onto the beltway.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea, so John are you coming out this Sunday man. Looks like we might have a good ride coming. One of are mechanics just came back from London and has been out of the riding scene for about 5 weeks. So you know he will be laging. Haha. Come if you can. Bye.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
There's a TON of riding around London if you know where to look. Large and active freeride/downhill scene over there. He should have taken the bike, assuming he's into that sorta thing.

Actually they have plenty of XC too, naturally. Heh.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea hes an XC guy. But I think he was over there for other reasons. Not sure.

But yea, as of now, Sunday is a go. Should be an excellent ride.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Long as grueling ride today, but overall it was a good one. We had a good group going and didnt have many mechanical problems.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Just for a advanced heads up, the ride for next Sunday 9/25 has been cancelled because of an event at work. See ya next next Sunday.

pipefitter

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
Hey ryan, How's the football treating you? You guy's winning?

This freaking rain just won't stop! Me need dry dirt!!!! auhg!!!! This weekend if the weather is nice I may like to get a ride in early in the morning on Sunday or I can sleep late, go out to breakfast, make a batch of HOT wings :evil: and watch the suck @ss Raven's. The god's know I'd rather ride :) .

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Hey man whats up? Its been sooo long, could you refresh my memory with your name. Haha. I am sure I know you from MTBR, but on RM sometimes I forget.

Football is good. We are now 3-2 after a loss in the down pour that occured last Friday. We should of won that game.

I dont know if we are going to be riding this weekend seeing that it wont stop raining. I will keep you guys updated. And yes, the Raven's do suck.... Go Redskins! Haha.

pipefitter

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
rpk1988 said:
Hey man whats up? Its been sooo long, could you refresh my memory with your name. Haha. I am sure I know you from MTBR, but on RM sometimes I forget.

Football is good. We are now 3-2 after a loss in the down pour that occured last Friday. We should of won that game.

I dont know if we are going to be riding this weekend seeing that it wont stop raining. I will keep you guys updated. And yes, the Raven's do suck.... Go Redskins! Haha.
Hey it's Rob with the bum knee. Actually I have been riding but with a knee brace.

Redskins????? Ahhh No!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Robb!!!! Sorry I didnt recognize you. Whats going on man? Sorry to hear about your knee. Did it just get worse after that one ride.

And yes, Go Redskins.

pipefitter

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
rpk1988 said:
Sorry to hear about your knee. Did it just get worse after that one ride.
Well the last time I rode with you guy's I did feel it go out a little and the pain will last awhile depending on how much it does go out. It only does this if I land wrong on my feet or if your running and have to change direction real fast, like let's say in basketball. The weird thing is I can do squats, leg presses, and even run as long as I don't have to cut in or out.

I went to have X-rays and then a MRI. The Doc said the X-rays looked very good as in no bone chips etc. but the MRI will tell me if the meniscus or the ligaments are torn. I haven't taken the photos of the MRI back for the Doc to read as of yet but will do it soon.

Anyway, it's an old injury I did on a motorcycle a number of years ago and I believe it's my ACL that never healed right. I hope not because that's a 6 month recovery time. So I ride with a brace for now. Will see!!!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Wow. Sounds like a lot has been going on lately. Thats to bad about your knee acting up again man. My sister tore her ACL twice, once in each knee, and this was before they had that orthoscopic (SP??) surgery, so she had to get her knee cut open. Ew. Haha. But I heard the recovery isnt as bad anymore with that new kind of surgery. And hell man, its winter, get it done now, then bounce back in the spring. That is if they say it needs to be fixed. But man, get well soon.

I dont think we are riding tomorrow after the rainy week, so I will have to catch up with you on the trail another time. Take it easy Rob.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
So good news, we are riding tomorrow. Supposedly the trails are tacky but there arent any huge puddles. Try to come if you can Rob. And anyone else. Should be a nice day.

pipefitter

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah, I think I will try and make it. I supposed it is at the usual time of 8:00 am?

I will be a good boy tonight and not consume any adult beverages :evil: .

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Wow, I dont know about you Rob but that was a fun ride. The weather was nice and the trails were perfect. Not to wet and not dusty. Beautiful day to ride. You can def. see where all that rain too its toll though. Wow.

pipefitter

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
Hell yeah it was a fun ride. I felt pretty good too. Had a little spill but didn't get hurt :dancing: .

Hey, I came home and bled my front brake and all is good. It's a good thing too because I really didn't want to buy new brakes. I will try them out though around the house before I take them back on the trail.

Props to you guy's for putting together a first class group ride.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Haha, were you talking about when you fell going down Pigs Run?

Thats good to hear. Saves you money. But when it does come time to buy new brakes, think Juicy 7's. Haha.

No problem man. Thanks for coming out. There prob wont be a ride next Sunday because of our BIG SALE. But 2 weeks from now, I will def. be out there. Maybe I will order up some new parts for my bike. Hmmm. What to get, what to get.

pipefitter

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
rpk1988 said:
Haha, were you talking about when you fell going down Pigs Run?
Yeah, I got stuck by the PIG. My front wheel got stuck in a pocket, weight to far forward, then bad things happened. :nopity:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I remember that. But at least you werent hauling ass down that hill. I had fun bringing it up the back. But I still like my sweet dismount off that log. Must have been funny to see my tall ass jumping off that bike. Haha.

pipefitter

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
Hey Ryan, you can tell the Tues. 4:30 Ride crew that the trails are sweet and the rain did not slop things up. I was off work today and rode both sides of the park and everything is OK. Just thought this would help if they are still planning to ride Tuesday evening. Of coarse, they are still calling for rain. :think:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea I will let them know. I havent ridden with them in soo long though. But I will get the word out. I believe usually they go down there anyway and if the trals arent rideable they will come back. I hate all this rain/cold weather. It blows.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Here are a few pictures of todays ride. Everyone in the Princeton Shirts work at Princeton. I could of got more pictures but I would rather ride then take pictures.

Joe jumping off the log.

Me: trying to stay on. Usually I can make it and I did this time but 2 weeks ago I had the sweetest dismount ever.

Here is Sean riding the log.

Here is Chip decending on a new found trail that is super steep. And I mean steep.

Sorry for the large pictures. It was a good ride. Next week should be good too. Come if you can.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Good ride on Sunday. Was a pretty laid back ride. I got a lot of pictures this time.

Here is a cool black and white of Derek jumping a log.

Here is the full version.

No footer by Derek over this gap jump.

Zach attempting to jump off the same gap jump but he landed akward and broke a sapling.

Zach pulling a wheel off this downed log. I think its a cool picture because the tire is so in your face. Haha.

Joe riding the same log.

Derek airing out this log jump. Its about 8 feet from the lip to the landing of the jump. Joe attempted and completed it for his first time on Sunday.

Will be bringing out the camera a lot more now. Nice weather = good rides. Join us.