Quantcast

~~"sunny day gmt"~~

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The drive to Ft. Collins is FAR. Really fun BBQ with the other Jr families.

Three of the kids have motors that sound different and have always been a *bit* more powerful coming out of corners, but I've never been able to figure out why. Turns out one of the dads is starting to tune the motors. He's been using the Jr kids motors as his testing ground while he perfects before he starts tuning as a service. So Haley will be getting hers tuned as well. :D

There was talk amongst the group about dropping from Jr1 and just focusing on Mini. All but one of the other kids there races micro or mini too (2-stroke; different age classes), so it would reduce costs for them. It would be putting them into a more powerful and competitive class, with a regional and national circuit for them to compete on. The really fast kids in the 8-13 age range locally all race micro/mini; some exclusively. It's worth a toll with Greg to see his thoughts. He's already pushing for her to get into a 2-stroke as-is. Then it's about getting her into one to see how she handles it.

The rest of today is financial planning updates and then prep for my interview at Schwab this week.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
having lunch with mom after dad gets done with church; family friend coming over for a visit this afternoon; probably getting together with some childhood friends tonight. glad shutdown was averted/postponed so my flight home tomorrow won't get borked. have a good one, y'all!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Firefighters tried to recruit me to be a volunteer yesterday, cause "I look like I can handle it." Those firefighters really know how to flatter a guy.

Up early to buy some tri-trip and a work light. Somehow I've made it this far working only in ambient light sometimes to my great detriment, but no more!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Easy day. Need to finish chopping down one of the funny plants - man it takes a long time.

Also need to look at my bike. It's clicking and creaking like mad. It's been a good summer for it.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
About to pack up and hit the road for the drive back home. Hoping I don’t eat too much gas station crap along the way. Though an Arby’s turkey sandwich could be in my future.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
:wave:

Firefighters tried to recruit me to be a volunteer yesterday, cause "I look like I can handle it." Those firefighters really know how to flatter a guy.

Up early to buy some tri-trip and a work light. Somehow I've made it this far working only in ambient light sometimes to my great detriment, but no more!
Fucking do it, It's an incredible experience.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slept in until 8am. We met with some friends in Pleasonton and went to eat at Oyo, central/south American cuisine. I had
Seafood Paella (GF)
Sea scallops, octopus, mussels, salmon, chorizo, peas, red peppers, sofrito and bomba rice $34 It was awesome

yard work and a trip to the office are on todays schedule

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
slept in until 8am. We met with some friends in Pleasonton and went to eat at Oyo, central/south American cuisine. I had
Seafood Paella (GF)
Sea scallops, octopus, mussels, salmon, chorizo, peas, red peppers, sofrito and bomba rice $34 It was awesome

yard work and a trip to the office are on todays schedule
Next time I’m up this way I should figure out if I can swing by for an espresso. Sacramento can’t be that far from you.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Had a long day yesterday...hosted team bonding/lunch before our "cup" game and we won!!! 2-0 then our boys soccer game won 3-0 (I chaperoned) and finally got home about 9:30pm. Up this morning to an amber alert that a 4th grader from our school is missing (since last night at 6:45) and the wording really creeps me out....praying she is found safe and soon! Heading out to do some leaf clean-up and then BBQing since it's beautiful outside.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So this little Mexican bodega opened up in town next to Burrito Express (terrible) and I went in to check it out. Every Sunday they do a big batch of carnitas and have tamales. OMG, incredible. But you gotta get there before church gets out because that bitch got packed. And the carnitas is gone by noon. Seriously awesome and stupid cheap. I was afraid they might not get enough business but they seemed to be doing well today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Oof…had to buy tickets to Hartford Nov 17-26 (busiest travel day of the year)….$2500 for two of us.
At least the seats are semi-shitty.
Wife and I want tickets for a trip next March. Total price just went up an extra $2400. Guess we should have booked a couple of weeks ago if we wanted to go.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dammit - a couple weeks ago there were barn-burner prices to Europe... Zurich was $550RT. I should have let you know.
I think it was once it got inside the 6 months until departure and then it jumped. Going via Munich and then a regional flight. Not many options for reasonable travel time and keeping it as a single booking - rather than booking the required two flights to destination separately.

@stevew Balearic Islands