Quantcast

The big fat movie thread

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
A good argument for involuntary chemical castration.
Yeah not a fan of them either. Funny thing is I've seen a documentary on them and the guys in it were not super ugly as they claimed. Normal or even good looking dudes just trying to find pity.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
After watching this past weekend, Godzilla King of the Monsters might be in my top 5 worst movies.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did not watch the recent remake, might be convinced to watch this:

And what's the deal with all the film companies currently releasing trailers for films not due out until half way through next year??

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I’ve seen quite a few good movies this year. Having an AMC movie subscription has been quite pleasurable. Ones I particularly liked:

Avengers Endgame
Joker
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
The Lighthouse
Ad Astra
The Peanut Butter Falcon
Once upon a time in Hollywood

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I’ve seen quite a few good movies this year. Having an AMC movie subscription has been quite pleasurable. Ones I particularly liked:

Avengers Endgame
Joker
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
The Lighthouse
Ad Astra
The Peanut Butter Falcon
Once upon a time in Hollywood
did not see the mr rogers flick or the shia leboof pic.....or lighthouse for that matter..

pic of the year for me

tie between joker and once upon a time...

deniro getting shot in the face was quite satisfying...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Did not watch the recent remake, might be convinced to watch this:

And what's the deal with all the film companies currently releasing trailers for films not due out until half way through next year??
i'd see it.....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I just watched that on the plane a few days ago...ugg. Was a terrible movie IMO. So-so special effects and seemed like it was trying to match other recent epic sci-fi adventures, but ended up pretty empty and dumb. Could have been decent, but no real crazy plot developments.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I just watched that on the plane a few days ago...ugg. Was a terrible movie IMO. So-so special effects and seemed like it was trying to match other recent epic sci-fi adventures, but ended up pretty empty and dumb. Could have been decent, but no real crazy plot developments.
I liked it. But I like slow paced, beautiful space movies in general.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Knives Out was excellent.

Next up on my movie watching calendar will likely be Star Wars IX. Got a ticket in Seattle (Southcenter, actually) for a late night Dolby Cinema screening, then seeing it again upon returning home with the wife, at AMC Dine-In Cherry Creek. I don't think we'll dine in there, though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watched Gemini Man last night.

ending was a bit disappointing, was expecting a massive clone army...At the least I was expecting more than one super soldier.

@norbar I watch enough to know that it was terrible :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Godzilla wasn't that bad. Uninspired, sure.

I like the new Star Wars. I am uncultured.

Cats was pretty weird, but I actually enjoyed the experience overall, I think? I mean it was thoroughly jellicle. Judi Dench is a terrible singer and Ian McKellen looks half a step away from the grave.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Watched Gemini Man last night.

ending was a bit disappointing, was expecting a massive clone army...At the least I was expecting more than one super soldier.

@norbar I watch enough to know that it was terrible :D
I get that it was bad but this was a year full of terrible films.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just watched the Deadwood movie. An agreeable end after being left hanging when HBO didn't commission a 4th season 13 years ago when it ended.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just watched the Deadwood movie. An agreeable end after being left hanging when HBO didn't commission a 4th season 13 years ago when it ended.
The series is my favorite thing that was ever on television, but I thought that the movie was pretty bad.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The series is my favorite thing that was ever on television, but I thought that the movie was pretty bad.
Probably mine too, my wife bought us the DVD box set a while back as she'd never seen it. We'd worked our way through that and I'd forgotten just how badly it was left at the end of season 3 when HBO didn't renew for a 4th season. To bring together 99% of the main cast 13 years later to give it some sort of reasonable closure was enough for me.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Terminator Dark Fate - surprisingly good, 2 hours of entertainment.

At 63 Linda Hamilton looks great compared to her contemporaries who've butchered themselves with plastic surgery.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Watched a film a couple of days ago which I'd had since 2004 and somehow never got around to watching. A Coen brothers film, The Ladykillers.

The overall ending was not what I expected.