cheap

levels to douchebag.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
cheap

levels to douchebag.
There are Corvette C5Z06 owners who are pissed Chevy never made replacement glass (30% thinner for weight savings). If you crack it, you get poor man Corvette glass.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
that's a wonderful story

come out here and try to get through chain controls with those things

You're posting bullshit that exists to get you to BUY them

they don't even let cables over passes here

there's a chain control check 1/4 mile from my house that exists between me and my office. You can either listen to me where every bay area dumbfuck has been buying those things for the last 20 years or you can buy bullshit that will be turned around at a real chain control check

I don't really know how to convey this any more clearly but there is no dumb idea you have in denver to get up 70 that hasn't been tried by some silicon valley dumbass to move through tahoe, which legitimately gets way more difficult to travel on snow.
auto socks

not helping.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have been considering a car that's been for sale here locally for a while. Then I saw a YouTube video of a guy who picked one up for almost half price. So I looked nationality and sure as shit, in Texas of all places is a '16 with 80k miles for $8k less.

I sent a transport request and am a little blown away by the quotes. High quote is $1800, low quote is $600? That makes me a little worried. Pay $600 and hope for the best? Pay full price and expect white glove service? Pick a rando from the middle that has the best reviews?

The soonest I could do a t st drive would be this weekend. But buying a car from Texas and having it shipped would be the furthest I've gone for a car and this one is about $12k :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I have been considering a car that's been for sale here locally for a while. Then I saw a YouTube video of a guy who picked one up for almost half price. So I looked nationality and sure as shit, in Texas of all places is a '16 with 80k miles for $8k less.

I sent a transport request and am a little blown away by the quotes. High quote is $1800, low quote is $600? That makes me a little worried. Pay $600 and hope for the best? Pay full price and expect white glove service? Pick a rando from the middle that has the best reviews?

The soonest I could do a t st drive would be this weekend. But buying a car from Texas and having it shipped would be the furthest I've gone for a car and this one is about $12k :rofl:
Check the history. Low cost cars from TX have a VERY, VERY bad habit of being flood damaged from hurricane.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
that's Hirsch's car, and he's making it work!
(I'm really happy with my new car, and while not a proper sports car or 911, it fucking goes, brakes, hauls bikes/skis and still looks good.)
You mean his actual car or same model? I thought his was a C2...

I thought he'd sold it and bought an old Jeep.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Pulled the chains off the truck but not after driving the road up and down the hill to break up the ice since the city doesn’t own a single plow that has steel cutting edges. Looks like the rest of the goon traffic will smash the rest up nicely by tomorrow. Pretty impressed with the Godzilla powered F350 and rear locker.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
that's Hirsch's car, and he's making it work!
(I'm really happy with my new car, and while not a proper sports car or 911, it fucking goes, brakes, hauls bikes/skis and still looks good.)
What did you get?

Btw I drove this Chinese EV last weekend. I know they can build good cars out there but they can sure also build shitty once. Funny my son and I both noticed the jittery suspension right away.

1705648496287.png

Maybe @Toshi could would love it (If it had any usable range)

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Pulled the chains off the truck but not after driving the road up and down the hill to break up the ice since the city doesn’t own a single plow that has steel cutting edges. Looks like the rest of the goon traffic will smash the rest up nicely by tomorrow. Pretty impressed with the Godzilla powered F350 and rear locker.
I have been dithering over pulling the trigger on an F350xl chassis cab (7.3, crew, 4x4) for a while now. Which trim level did you get? Does it have a lot of “nanny” electronics? My biggest worry for a new rig is the whole “a map light burnt out so the truck went into limp-mode” scenario…

Curious to hear how it holds up for you / what your thoughts are.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have been dithering over pulling the trigger on an F350xl chassis cab (7.3, crew, 4x4) for a while now. Which trim level did you get? Does it have a lot of “nanny” electronics? My biggest worry for a new rig is the whole “a map light burnt out so the truck went into limp-mode” scenario…

Curious to hear how it holds up for you / what your thoughts are.
It’s a used lariat, less than 30K miles, only thing it doesn’t have is heated seats but if need those I’m in the wrong place to begin with. So far I like it way better than the diesels or other equivalents. Fire it up and go, hot heater core in a mile or two and cheap oil changes

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
WRX vs class 6 plow truck

Way back in the day I was working a project in lovely Messina NY. A coworker was supposed to fly into Syracuse and meet me there. There were strong lake effect snows and I holed up in some shithole Motel on my way when visibility was only a few feet. When I arrived in Messina my coworker was MIA for 48 hours. He tried driving through the storm and while passing some other car he had a head on collision with a NYDOT plow and was tossed into a ditch. Plow driver didn't even notice. Somehow he was unharmed but trapped in a ditch for 12 hours until someone found him.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
What did you get?

Btw I drove this Chinese EV last weekend. I know they can build good cars out there but they can sure also build shitty once. Funny my son and I both noticed the jittery suspension right away.

View attachment 206568

Maybe @Toshi could would love it (If it had any usable range)
We have one of those at work. Overall not bad to drive and surprisingly good on unpaved dirt and gravel roads, but too many gimicks for my taste. Like all EVs, its range claims are a blatant lie. I usually only use it if all our VW Caddys are booked, which are way more developed cars. And I fucking hate all cars that use tablets for controlling everything. Give me buttons with tactile feedback so I can keep my eyes on the road. :rant:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
We have one of those at work. Overall not bad to drive and surprisingly good on unpaved dirt and gravel roads, but too many gimicks for my taste. Like all EVs, its range claims are a blatant lie. I usually only use it if all our VW Caddys are booked, which are way more developed cars. And I fucking hate all cars that use tablets for controlling everything. Give me buttons with tactile feedback so I can keep my eyes on the road. :rant:
I could buy it for little money but the horrible mileage makes it useless for my needs.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I could buy it for little money but the horrible mileage makes it useless for my needs.
Yeah, in the winter at above freezing temps and moderate wind we get 180 km out of it, in the summer it is closer to 300.