Quantcast

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
my ex has a Macan, 3.6 Turbo , it was plenty big inside and a blast to drive.

I'm a wagon guy,, but if I wanted an SUV I'd want a compact version with balls, vs room for 5.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Praise Jeebus. Looks so much betterer.

View attachment 169582
Jesus' Fleece Lined Diaper.

1993_BMW_M3_(32821019713).jpg

Jeremy Clarkson wrote in Top Gear Magazine of 'cocks at every corner' with BMW - 15 years ago. This is what'd escaped 3 Series then.
BMW have much too much cladding. Look like driving a push cart. Just too many cars in BMW's lineup. M Technic was either 3- or 5 Series, not a trim level or, three strips of tape on grill slats.

One annoying neighbor apparently married his M4 recently, upgraded to fart can mufflers / plastic dip on the wheels (like a big FU to anyone) and this honeymoon never ends. Literally never see him w/ anyone, just his queer car and his queer bolt-on exhaust. Is what immature twat Clarkson described to a 'T'.

Could care less it my Dad's family has recognition toward crafting modern Formula 1 in our family-story, I just loathe modern cars.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Jesus' Fleece Lined Diaper.

View attachment 169594

Jeremy Clarkson wrote in Top Gear Magazine of 'cocks at every corner' with BMW - 15 years ago. This is what'd escaped 3 Series then.
BMW have much too much cladding. Look like driving a push cart. Just too many cars in BMW's lineup. M Technic was either 3- or 5 Series, not a trim level or, three strips of tape on grill slats.

One annoying neighbor apparently married his M4 recently, upgraded to fart can mufflers / plastic dip on the wheels (like a big FU to anyone) and this honeymoon never ends. Literally never see him w/ anyone, just his queer car and his queer bolt-on exhaust. Is what immature twat Clarkson described to a 'T'.

Could care less it my Dad's family has recognition toward crafting modern Formula 1 in our family-story, I just loathe modern cars.
The only M I will ever really care about is an E30 M3.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Does it make me a bad person if I was rooting for the comet?

What if I am still rooting for the comet?
If you actually desire the extinction of all life on Earth you might want to start with:

- re-evaluating your relationships
- re-evaluating your job
- re-evaluating your living situation
- re-evaluating your belief system.

But that’s just me, YMMV.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Of all the non 4x4 vehicles I have ever owned the only one I really enjoyed was my 2001 Volvo XC70. Room for toys, I could sleep in it, handled well and got good fuel economy and most of all the drivers cockpit was comfy as hell on long trips

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Cayenne actually are most road going boom-mount cars as of late. Something about cabin structure and load bearing, as opposed to building a chassis and having to transport. YouTube's Doug Demuro had a feature a few years ago about it.
I liked Donut's car. This was what they used on Rocky Point to film the 4586.

new-chase-car-who-dis-@gumout-x-@donutmedia-rarriboys-gt4586.jpg

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
That's cool - is something like an update to Wankel Rotary. Seems from the Rotary having been a licensed design and then only Mazda developing one, there's growing interest in having extreme-downsized single-rotor to offset EV Battery Capacity and most likely prolong battery life. Constant deep cycle depletion and re-charge cannot be for the long term.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Other than the driver it takes a director, camera operator, crane operator and focus puller to make it all work so SUV's can hold all 4 peeps. They will sit 3 wide in the back seat looking into the monitors to get the shots

Wouldn't a drone get you the same shots for less money?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Wouldn't a drone get you the same shots for less money?
When a major film starts with a certain camera and lens package they want all the shots to match and a drone cant pack the payload of a Arri style camera and cine lens format. Sometimes a camera lens combo can weigh more than 150 lbs. The tech isnt quite there yet plus the post production crew would have a nightmare of a time trying to match formats and color grades.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
When a major film starts with a certain camera and lens package they want all the shots to match and a drone cant pack the payload of a Arri style camera and cine lens format. Sometimes a camera lens combo can weigh more than 150 lbs. The tech isnt quite there yet plus the post production crew would have a nightmare of a time trying to match formats and color grades.
Interesting. I thought color grading is not such an issue anymore these days.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Interesting. I thought color grading is not such an issue anymore these days.
its all about the file codec and resolution profiles. Major cinema cameras are 10bit and higher with Raw or native profiles that can be tweaked to extreme levels in post. Consumer grade profiles are good and getting better but not enough for the big budget films. You just cant get the same product from drones when it comes to shutter angles, focus pulling, depth of field and lens choices you can with a crane. The inspire 2 comes close but it still takes 2 people to fly and film correctly and you cant get as close or tight as you could with a crane or jib. Not to mention its a MFT format as apposed to full frame or 35mm like most big rigs that are now shooting in 8K on everything.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Saw a Rivian for the first time today. Super cool looking truck, would 100% buy one based on looks alone, but I was shocked by its size. My Taco was noticeably bigger, I always thought the Rivian was supposed to be f150/tundra size, not Maverick size. I guess I’m still not going to get an electric pick up any time soon.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Saw a Rivian for the first time today. Super cool looking truck, would 100% buy one based on looks alone, but I was shocked by its size. My Taco was noticeably bigger, I always thought the Rivian was supposed to be f150/tundra size, not Maverick size. I guess I’m still not going to get an electric pick up any time soon.

217" long. It's not a 232" F-150 5.5' bed SuperCrew, but it's not smaller than a Tacoma by, well, any measure.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

217" long. It's not a 232" F-150 5.5' bed SuperCrew, but it's not smaller than a Tacoma by, well, any measure.
While I was behind it we passed a Tundra and the Tundra absolutely dwarfed It.

Maybe the slab-sidesness of the Toyotas makes a big visual difference? That article shows the length as about the same as my truck, which seems right, but mine is essentially stock height suspension with 32” tires and every part of my truck was noticeably higher, so something is screwy with the listed dimensions. No way 3/4” in extra tire height and a leveling kit makes up for the stated 2.5” height difference and then some.

I hope it’s all an optical illusion, would be nice to get an electric kid/dog/bike/camper hauler. The F150 Lightning was supposed to be it, but the range isn’t what I need it to be unless I give up camping.