Quantcast

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
which fender did you use?
im going to be ordering a DSP spring too when they are back in stock, but did you need the thrust washers?

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Sweet bike, is the frame direct from evil this season?
No I got this last June, it was one from the second production run. New fork, handlebar, rubber, brakes, Ti spring, shifter and derailleur,

which fender did you use?
im going to be ordering a DSP spring too when they are back in stock, but did you need the thrust washers?
I think its a THE one; but I jacked it from my buddies garage. It was collecting dust and he didn't want it anymore.

I would use the washers they are hardened to stop galling.

"Note: For a lower profile, the cage assembly can be used without washers, but only on material that is hardened to Rockwell C58-C64"

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Any chance the new frames are gonna be shipped with a rear-o-fender-mud-protection thingie?

Aaaaaand are we there yet?
what about now? are we there yet now? I want my frame already :rant:

joemosq

Chimp
Sep 1, 2008
Revolts should start showing up and shipping sometime this week. I will let you guys know as soon as I have confirmation from EVIL.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hey guys - getting a new computer in 2 weeks - until then my response time will be a bit slow.

Frames will start shipping in in the 2 weeks so hopefully everyone will get theirs in time for racing.

I updated the front page with some extras including build sheets for complete bikes. I plan on doing a complete overhaul of the front page and plan on adding directions for bearing removal, installation, and rear fender DIY. For rear fenders, THE MTB front fenders seem to work best, but as you can see from previous posts, other menufacturers work just as well with the proper prep.

Cheers!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Not yet! Still waiting to hear about a bunch of stuff from the front office. The guys seem to be pretty busy these days.

I know man... as soon as I get the info from them short of throwing rocks at their window, I'll post it up on the front page.

Victor

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Arad, Romania
Mine left Taiwan on Monday afaik so the frame should reach Romania in the weekend, that means I should get it next Monday perhaps...
As the saying goes, patience and tobacco, myself I'm not too bummed right now because for the last week or so the weather has been crap, Maribor like :)

joemosq

Chimp
Sep 1, 2008
Just passing along the info that I get. Not sure what the delay was last week but hope the bikes really do show up on monday. Evil wants these bikes to be shipping worse than any of us, so I am sure the delays have been killing them as well. Believe me, I am going crazy waiting for my frame to show up so I can understand everyones frustration. It will be worth the wait!

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
The same thing happened to me last year when I got my Revolt but in the end it didn't really make any difference and I am very happy with my bike.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I talked to Evil this afternoon and he said that frames are shipping and he wants to get them out to customers as badly as everyone else.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I'm somewhat puzzled as well. After months of next day or so responses from Gabe or Kevin I haven't heard from either of them in over a week (oh noes). Hopefully this means good things. More than likely they're just sick of hearing from me at this point lol.

Last edited:

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Well I just noticed I bent my derailluer hanger on my revolt. Will I be able to get a replacement at the Evil pits at the U.S. Open?

Bjarte

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Here`s the latest update we got from Gabe:

> All frames are complete.
> Our Engineer will be at the factory in Taiwan next week to ensure that
> all frames ship smoothly.

I hope to have a firm response tonight from the factory.
This will help me determine what day exactly I will be able to ship.
My engineer will be in Taiwan on Tuesday to ensure that everything ships.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon

Stokage!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan

This is great news, so the bikes should be stateside in what 2 weeks? Also do they get powder-coated or annod in Taiwan or is that something that Evil does here in the states? 1 more dumb question, I'm trying to make sure that I have every single part to build my frame when it shows up; do they ship with a seatpost collar?

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
They do ship with a seatpost collar, it is not a quick release collar though. They are powdercoated/anodized at the factory and arrive stateside fully assembled. I talked to Kevin last night at 1030 or so when he was on his way home from the office and he said it was the earliest he had been able to leave all week.

Jan 25, 2010
Ontario
Hey Guys,

I am in the same boat...Waiting since January. I live in Toronto so I am hoping it wont be that much longer!

so is 2 weeks a definite answer or will it be another 2 weeks after that!