Quantcast

The find Opie a new bike thread

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Back to the subject at hand, here are Opie's #s. I'm going to see if I can find a good production frame at a wholesaler that matches em

Seat Tube Length (center of BB to center of top tube): 58cm
Top Tube Length (center of head tube to center of seat tube): 54cm
Chain stay Length: 41cm
Wheelbase: 100cm
Stand over: 84cm
Head Tube Length (space between top & bottom head set: 22cm
Awesome, thanks!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Its hard to find a frame in the right ST, TT configuration. Cross bikes comes the closest, I forgot how square they are in those measurements. Almost every 58cm ST has at least a 57 cm TT

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Its hard to find a frame in the right ST, TT configuration. Cross bikes comes the closest, I forgot how square they are in those measurements. Almost every 58cm ST has at least a 57 cm TT
Exactly what my search found.

I think the only solution for me is to find a traditional -- as opposed to compact -- bike with a top-tube that's right for me and just expose a lot of seat-tube and steerer tube.

Or go custom again (which even cheap custom, costs more, but is definintely my back-up plan) :)

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Yeah realistically I probably can't go up. I am flat footed, at the bottom of the pedal stroke, but barely. Almost tip toeing. From what I hear tip toeing is bad. Can you elaborate on knee/ spindle alignment? I might be able to set that up better. Never knew anything about such, I just set it up where it felt right for me, which is all the way back.

knee/spindle is one of the basic set up points. its to make sure your knee is lined up over the spindle of the pedal, not in front or behind it. inproper alignment can lead to some issues.