Quantcast

The Hot Sauce thread...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
big fan of Grace Jamaican hot sauce. Pretty simple, super cheap, and a good balance of hot and flavor. I can't take the super hot habanero death sauces. I can put them in chili but that's about it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I bought a bottle of this when I was in the mexican store. I have been putting it on damn near everything. It reminds me of the hab sauce the taco trucks here have.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Sorry for the lack of pics, yet my two favorites are the Pepper Palace Ghost Pepper sauce, and the Pepper Plant Chunky Garlic. Got them at a pepper shop on Cannery Row in Monterey. The ghost pepper one isn't as hot as I thought it would be, yet very tasty. And I just love garlic, hence the Pepper Plant one.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
You nutjobs made me do it.

This one is pretty mild, but great on almost everything, including tasty chicken burgers I've just had:

This one, OTOH, is very tasty and quite potent, although the heat disappears rather quickly:

I don't think I'll graduate to 1E+6 scoville units death sauces anytime soon.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I bought this because it sounded hilarious but I really like it, condiment, sauce, whatever.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have not read this thread fully but just go pick up a 3 pack of secret aardvark on amazon and thank me later. One of the all time greats.

They are local. The Black Bean marinade is like crack.

I honestly can't say enough about the batch of sauces I got from Big Red's. Their OG sauce on eggs.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I grew, fermented and bottled my own tabasco sauce last fall. If I didn't become completely impatient I think it would have turned out awesome. After 7 weeks of fermentation I couldn't wait any longer to move on to the next step in the process. Next time I am making a larger batch and letting it go 3-4 months.
TABASCO.jpg

Attachments

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I made hotsauce this year. Its OK. It has the consistency of Vomit however. Will not attempt again. Others I know make it better and I am OK with that....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also, the wife felt bad having me make sauce using my little food chopper so she got my a fancy food processor I haven't tried yet. My sauce is a little lumpy, but not bad.