Quantcast

-))) the official fuckit friday gmt (((-

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, pretties! Went for a JOG before work and I did not dress warm enough. I'm not used to 40 degrees yet, but I ain't complaining. I might actually go for a MOUNTAIN BIKE ride this weekend if work doesn't screw that up for me. Wife ordered a Juliana Roubion the other day. She's stoked.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
11 AM or noon is when I am going to resume eating, after a nice 65-66 hour stretch of extended low insulin levels (but which Westy would just assume would be a time when I’m modulating my weak willpower).

Then Food Truck Friday tonight.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good morning, pretties! Went for a JOG before work and I did not dress warm enough. I'm not used to 40 degrees yet, but I ain't complaining. I might actually go for a MOUNTAIN BIKE ride this weekend if work doesn't screw that up for me. Wife ordered a Juliana Roubion the other day. She's stoked.
so now its your turn for a new bike

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Should be done today by 1:30pm. Debating getting a plug-in hybrid for myself, given I'm driving 100 miles per day now. I still want something that can get me up to the mtn though, which is keeping me from a total electric. Only options where the mileage makes sense are sedans, which don't have the space that I'd like though. Gotta wonder what a box would do over the winter. My mileage on the Subaru actually got better when I took the wind screen off and put the box on. That and all the reasonable priced hybrids are fwd vs AWD, which is not my preference by any means.

That plus a solar system will be a brutal up front, but will pay itself off over 5-7 years then be net positive and cleaner long-term.

Still need to figure the cost of a new car purchase vs. running the Subaru until death. This would probably lead to a definitive selling of the M though to get the principal out.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Should be done today by 1:30pm. Debating getting a plug-in hybrid for myself, given I'm driving 100 miles per day now. I still want something that can get me up to the mtn though, which is keeping me from a total electric. Only options where the mileage makes sense are sedans, which don't have the space that I'd like though. Gotta wonder what a box would do over the winter. My mileage on the Subaru actually got better when I took the wind screen off and put the box on. That and all the reasonable priced hybrids are fwd vs AWD, which is not my preference by any means.

That plus a solar system will be a brutal up front, but will pay itself off over 5-7 years then be net positive and cleaner long-term.

Still need to figure the cost of a new car purchase vs. running the Subaru until death. This would probably lead to a definitive selling of the M though to get the principal out.
obviously you should get a brodozer

1568985356861.png

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

FTS Friday is also Jury Duty Friday, yay. My final interview is scheduled for Tuesday at 3, I have the main piece of automation written and only have a few tweaks left.

The scenario I am automating is a basic:
Navigate to site, sign up for account, log in and configure user, then create a flight plan, save it, try to log it, view error (can't log a flight plan without adding a flight), then delete said plan.

There isn't an email verification, so bogus email accounts work, too. Chrome autofill, while convenient, really pisses me off sometimes.

So far I am pretty happy with it. Just not sure how far to take it or how robust to build it. Overkill is likely.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
4:45 gym time roll out, check. At least I feel like I'm making progress. Saw the new Rambo movie last night with a buddy. Definitely darker than I thought it was going to be, but decently entertaining. More went to just hang out with my dude without the wife and kids for a change. Had the day off for a doc appointment and just some other stuff I've been needing to get done. Finished up some parts, took the wife's Highlander in for it's last included service. Hitting that disappointing time on a new car where you have to start paying for shit and fixing things.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

This is highly relevant to my interests.

The only PHEV that'd be up your alley would be the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. AWD, good cargo room (long 2 row vehicle), shitty interior, adaptive cruise that turns off after stopping. But also fits the bill.

I'd also offer that my Model 3 (long range AWD) has plenty of range to get up to the mountains and back without charging, in tough winter weather no less. And if you go farther or feel nervous there's a Silverthorne Supercharger bank, with another in Idaho Springs eventually. Plus there are two 2" hitch options for bikes (Torklift and Stealth). If you run some TCO calculations I bet it'd win... but it's a sedan.

(Or you could wait out the Model Y, which would be awesome for your use in similar LR AWD trim with the practicality of a hatch.)

Re solar the Fed tax credit is going from 30% to 26% to 22% this year/2020/2021. So if you think solar prices will drop more than 4% per year wait until 2021, but not until 2022 when the credit vanishes outright.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Meetings 2/4 done already. Told my manager that I think we're going to have to do some things differently until he finishes hiring someone, which he agrees and will send out the email later today. Starting my annual review process today, which given where we're at so far, should go pretty damn well. He is sending another new rep from TX to CO to train with me next month. Of his 25 reps, I'm 6th or 7th newest by years, but I'm training people; I'll take that positively.

One more meeting in 25min then home to get the head unit installation in the Subaru finished.

I got Haley a pair of Zoic girls bike shorts that she refuses to wear because they are not pink. She is going to have a very rude awakening when she crashes in her lightweight, pink, cotton shorts. I've tried explaining that cotton snags and causes tumbling while polyester slides, but she thinks sliding is worse, despite my thorough experience else wise.

For the car folk, I just saw/heard a supercharged b6 RS4 drive by. That has the sound of go

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I got Haley a pair of Zoic girls bike shorts that she refuses to wear because they are not pink. She is going to have a very rude awakening when she crashes in her lightweight, pink, cotton shorts. I've tried explaining that cotton snags and causes tumbling while polyester slides, but she thinks sliding is worse, despite my thorough experience else wise.
sounds like you need to be a more assertive parent. no shorts = no ride

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This is highly relevant to my interests.

The only PHEV that'd be up your alley would be the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. AWD, good cargo room (long 2 row vehicle), shitty interior, adaptive cruise that turns off after stopping. But also fits the bill.

I'd also offer that my Model 3 (long range AWD) has plenty of range to get up to the mountains and back without charging, in tough winter weather no less. And if you go farther or feel nervous there's a Silverthorne Supercharger bank, with another in Idaho Springs eventually. Plus there are two 2" hitch options for bikes (Torklift and Stealth). If you run some TCO calculations I bet it'd win... but it's a sedan.

(Or you could wait out the Model Y, which would be awesome for your use in similar LR AWD trim with the practicality of a hatch.)

Re solar the Fed tax credit is going from 30% to 26% to 22% this year/2020/2021. So if you think solar prices will drop more than 4% per year wait until 2021, but not until 2022 when the credit vanishes outright.
The Mitsubishi does check the box of replacing the Subaru and gas savings in large part would flatten out the solar cost. I just wish there was a nice prebuilt calculator for solar + ev - current vehicle estimates.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
sounds like you need to be a more assertive parent. no shorts = no ride
No. I'm just taking all of her armor, less helmet away and we'll ride until she crashes. She'll get it back then. You don't want it? Deal with the consequences.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Killington on big bike on Sunday. Wanna meet at LLF on Saturday?
Do Solitude and enjoy the mud. :D

When were you last there? Shreddy looked like it had been freshly re-shoveled. Same with Sideshow Bob; HOOOOOGE fresh berms due to the construction.

Krusty was crusty, but also had some fresh berms.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Mitsubishi does check the box of replacing the Subaru and gas savings in large part would flatten out the solar cost. I just wish there was a nice prebuilt calculator for solar + ev - current vehicle estimates.
But its a Mitsubishi.......... You have at least some good taste in cars, so I question your judgement on this matter.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
After two weeks of working 14 hour days on random shifts I told work to fuck right the fuck off for the day. My big project successfully implemented by sheer force of will. I was supposed to move on to a new development project but am now being told I need to stick around to support the old one. That will require working 3rd shift every 4 days. To that I say bullshit. I have enough sick and vacation days this avoid Evey fourth day indefinitely. I am going to demand a replacement to train and a pay bump if they don't want things to get difficult.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell, what a shit show. The jury summons has the address for city hall on it, then says "the double glass doors across from the plaza". City Hall has a single glass door and is across from the bathroom. The NEW courthouse has double doors across from a parking lot and the OLD courthouse has double doors and is across from the park. My money was on the old courthouse.

It was city hall. Either way, it was cancelled for today, duty served. She pointed out the number on the back that you can call the night before. The summons says to show up, but if you call and it's cancelled, no need. Good to know.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
But its a Mitsubishi.......... You have at least some good taste in cars, so I question your judgement on this matter.
Trust me. I've skipped past it more than once, but at least it's not a Chrysler Pacifica. Sometimes you have to look past the outside and at the net.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My narrow wide chain wheel shows up tomorrow and the auction for my shifter/derailleur ends Monday. Any luck this bitch with newish 1x11 will be ready to ride next weekend. I for one am excited. The rain is here, but trails aren't soaked yet.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I got Haley a pair of Zoic girls bike shorts that she refuses to wear because they are not pink.
While I'm fully in asshole mode with my moody 13 yr old daughter, patches like this (obviously she picks them out...) might help her buy into the shorts...
Pink_Bunnies_Patrol_Patch-b1646__95093.1543262928.500.659.png

Or /ttttttttthis
190468-Category-Pg-Studio--pdp-Gear-scales-patch-795x450.jpg

Then watch some chicks rocking zoics (or other black bike shorts and armor) while crushing downhill without commenting on their attire

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I unnecessarily replaced my 2016 Outback with a 2019 Outback last weekend (the 3.6R). I wasn't looking for a new car, but Wife took my car in for warranty service, and a salesperson approached her about the exchange. The dealer really wanted to get a deal done despite the high mileage on my car (80K after three years). It ended up costing me about $2000 out of pocket for the new car, which I wrote a check for. My payments are going up $20 though because I bought a 150K mile extended warranty, so my plan is keep this car long enough to take advantage of that warranty, unless of course Subaru decides to offer me another new car before that. The new car came with $1200 worth of extra stuff that I didn't want, which they didn't charge me for, the highlight of which is the remote starter. I never had a remote starter, so that'll be cool to use.

YAY TOY!! For the record, Wife handled this entire transaction start to finish, including the negotiating. My involvement was limited to writing that check. I'll miss my red car but the green has grown on me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Is it the 2020 Outback that got redesigned, or is the new one?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yes, 2020 was redisigned. This is the 2019 six cylinder. Six cylinder has been discontinued with model year 2020 and replaced with a four cylinder "turbo." This is my third six cyl Outback.