Quantcast

The Pope Has Passed On...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hmmm....a few minutes ago cnn.com had a huge red LATE BREAKING NEWS banner at the top of the screen announcing he had died, now the banner is gone.

Eh, CNN reported Tom Ridge resigned about two months before it actually happened, so who knows.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
yahoo says he is dead but not confirmed. and some italian (RAI TV) say he is dead too.
bbc doesnt say that yet.

but am watching cnn latin america right now on tv, and they say he is dead, but death has not been confirmed by the vatican

they have to wait for the chamberlain to make it official....

i think catholics, get together all the cardinals from the world who can vote (i think they are less than 100), and they choose one in an eelction..

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
So...what exactly has the pope passed on? :think:

A complimentary handjob from Mother Superior?

Wisdom?

A hit off the spliff?

Knowledge?

His Publisher's Clearing House Super Grand Prize?

His funny hat?

A kidney stone?

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Vatican: Pope's condition has worsened
Statement says pontiff's breathing is shallow, kidneys deteriorating
BREAKING NEWS
MSNBC News Services
Updated: 1:15 p.m. ET April 1, 2005VATICAN CITY - Pope John Paul II was clinging to life but his condition worsened when his breathing became shallow and his kidneys stopped functioning properly, the Vatican said Friday. Some reports said the pontiff had slipped into unconsciousness.

advertisement

"The general conditions and cardio-respiratory conditions of the Holy Father have further worsened," the Vatican said in a statement issued at 6:30 p.m. local time (11:30 a.m. ET). "The clinical picture indicates cardiocirculatory and renal insufficiency. The biological parameters are notably compromised," said the communique issued by papal spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls.

"The Holy Father — with visible participation — is joining in the continual prayers of those assisting him," the Vatican statement said.

But Italy's APCom news agency, without citing sources, reported late Friday that the pope was unconscious. The Vatican earlier denied another report by the same agency that claimed the pontiff had slipped into a coma.

The bronze door beneath a portico off St. Peter’s Square — which is traditionally shut when a pope dies — had one of its massive doors closed early Friday as about 30 police officers stood nearby. The door normally is closed every night at 8 p.m. and reopened the next morning.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
thier saying the machine that shows his heart rate and brain activity was showing false readings

so if he stops showing brain activity hes braindead.

if the heart stops for more than 1 minute at room tempature hes clinicaly dead.

all this is according to a doctor on CNN

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Damn True said:
Regardless of your Religious views the funeral will be spectacle of the highest order and the selection of a new Pope should be very interesting as well.
I know it's incredibly twisted....but I have actually wanted to see the whole process of new pope selection.

I vote Illkoolkeg as new Pope....

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Sweet, now if Rehnquist would just do the same, somebody would shoot DeLay, and Cheney's ticker would sieze, I'd say April is off to a good start.

Ahahahahah!!! Will Echo moderate his own brother?????

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
MudGrrl said:
I vote Illkoolkeg as new Pope....
I vote for David Peel or "Dude" Lebowski.

"The Pope Smokes Dope"
David Peel & The Lower Eastside
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chorus:
The pope smokes dope, God gave him the grass
The pope smokes dope, he likes to smoke in mass
The pope smokes dope, he's a groovy head
The pope smokes dope, the pope smokes dope
(oh yeah! 3x)

God is high on mescaline, Satan's high on smack
Popes in Rome get stoned on grass, Jesus freaks are back
Jesus Christ a super-hippie never shoot up junk
Popes in Rome get stoned alone, priests, in church get drunk

(Chorus)

Now Jack 'n' Jill went up the hill, to fetch a pail of water
Jill forgot to take her pill, now she's got a daughter
Taking pills is not a joke for a groovy Pope
Birth control can be a toke of marijuana smoke

(Chorus)

The pope is getting higher (re: higher! higher! - 4x)

(Chorus)

Cha! Cha! Cha!

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
ghostrider said:
Sweet, now if Rehnquist would just do the same, somebody would shoot DeLay, and Cheney's ticker would sieze, I'd say April is off to a good start.

Ahahahahah!!! Will Echo moderate his own brother?????
Falwell is getting better, unfortunately.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
john paul was (or is?) the first non-italian pope in like 450 years..
its all on the news this days around here.. peru is a deeply catholic country.. same with all south america...

people say, the next pope is gonna be african, the nigerian cardinal.. or hispanic (the honduras cardinal), or jewish (i think the american cardinal, who is jewish in the sense that his mom is jewish)..... those 3 are the favourites...

yo wait!, i just saw on tv as am writting this, and it says that the Vatican has denied the pope is dead.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
llkoolkeg said:
I vote for David Peel or "Dude" Lebowski.

"The Pope Smokes Dope"
David Peel & The Lower Eastside
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Chorus:
The pope smokes dope, God gave him the grass
The pope smokes dope, he likes to smoke in mass
The pope smokes dope, he's a groovy head
The pope smokes dope, the pope smokes dope
(oh yeah! 3x)

God is high on mescaline, Satan's high on smack
Popes in Rome get stoned on grass, Jesus freaks are back
Jesus Christ a super-hippie never shoot up junk
Popes in Rome get stoned alone, priests, in church get drunk

(Chorus)

Now Jack 'n' Jill went up the hill, to fetch a pail of water
Jill forgot to take her pill, now she's got a daughter
Taking pills is not a joke for a groovy Pope
Birth control can be a toke of marijuana smoke

(Chorus)

The pope is getting higher (re: higher! higher! - 4x)

(Chorus)

Cha! Cha! Cha!

hahahahahaha, thats kinda funny..

but kinda double standard, because you moan a lot whenever somebody bitches about protestantism, or the deep south or stuff that you consider "sacred".... :nope:

luv2rideu

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
Austin TX
anyone see this?....pretty amusing

Madonna Like A Nun?

Wed Mar 30, 8:05 AM ET Entertainment - E! Online Gossip/Celeb

By Josh Grossberg

It looks like Madonna might have to justify her costume.

• News: Madonna: Call me Esther
• News: Madonna sued for sexual harassment
• News: Rocket Man disses Material Girl

E! Online Photo

The Material Mother of two and former Catholic-turned-Kabbalah devotee is being taken to task by conservative Catholics angered that she and her director-hubby, Guy Ritchie, showed up at a bash celebrating the Jewish holiday of Purim dressed as a nun and pope respectively.

William Donahue, president of the Catholic League, verbally crucified the pair, arguing that their appearance at London's Kabbalah Center Purim Party, drinking and dancing in clerical attire, was offensive coming on Holy Thursday, three days before Christianity's most revered holiday, Easter.

"They're trying to tweak Catholicism again by exploiting the Jewish holiday," Donahue told E! Online of the couple's appearance. "She needs to be beaten with a ruler by a real-life nun and he needs to paddled on his behind by a real-life priest. That would please the Catholic League."

The Catholic leader was none too pleased to see Madonna, 46, decked out in a nun's frock and wearing crucifixes for the festive occasion that commemorates the biblical exploits of Queen Esther who saved the Jewish people from certain destruction at the hands of the Persian king while in exile.

But Donahue reserved the most ire for Ritchie--who was garbed in a gold-trimmed white ecclesiastical robe and matching skullcap--calling him "morally depraved."

"Certainly my Jewish friends are not going to be endorsing somebody who rips off their religion to make an untoward statement against somebody else's religion," he said. "Madonna's such a buffoon that we come to expect it and her husband is a jackass."

Donahue also noted that Ritchie's outfit was poorly timed, given Pope John Paul II's feeble health and the fact that he's been hospitalized twice in recent days.

"It's particularly vulgar to [dress up like that] at a time when the pope is failing at his health," he added.

Donahue suggested the couple "move to the Muslim camp" and see what happens when they get a Fatwa.

However, the "Like A Virgin" singer's rep, Liz Rosenberg, dismissed the furor as much ado about nothing and said the get-ups were simply part of the Purim tradition in which revelers don costumes.

"No disrespect was intended," Rosenberg told the New York Daily News. "Madonna dreamed of becoming a nun when she was a little girl. She said, 'Finally, I'll make my father proud!'"

This obviously isn't the first time Madonna has incurred the wrath of the Religious Right.

In 1989, the video for her hit "Like a Prayer" sparked major controversy when it showed the entertainer wearing a crucifix and dancing in front of several burning crosses. The uproar from religious types and threats of a boycott prompted Pepsi to pull out from sponsoring her world tour that year.

"Sister" Madonna has since bid goodbye to Catholicism and threw herself into studying Kabbalah, Jewish mysticism. And in an ironic twist, she also adopted the ancient Hebrew name of Esther in her religious studies.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
ALEXIS_DH said:
hahahahahaha, thats kinda funny..

but kinda double standard, because you moan a lot whenever somebody bitches about protestantism, or the deep south or stuff that you consider "sacred".... :nope:
Nah, it ain't like that man. Protestantism is funny, too, as is Islam, Judaism, Hare Krshna, Dixie, mullets, penises, biking and most everything else. I laugh at it all...myself included. Remember that episode of the Simpsons where the big tall guy starts in on Nelson because he's always laughing at everyone else? :)

If I get all pissy about something, it's either because the person who said whatever was beating the same dead horse into shoe leather once again or I didn't get laid the night before.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
Nah, it ain't like that man. Protestantism is funny, too, as is Islam, Judaism, Hare Krshna, Dixie, mullets, penises, biking and most everything else. I laugh at it all...myself included. Remember that episode of the Simpsons where the big tall guy starts in on Nelson because he's always laughing at everyone else? :)

Yes! I LOVE that! It's a big tall guy in a tiny car and Nelson laughs at him and he says "are you laughing at me because I'm in this tiny car? What if it's the only car I can afford?" and he makes Nelson walk down the street with his pants around his ankles and everyones laughing at him! HAHAHA!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
dh girlie said:
Yes! I LOVE that! It's a big tall guy in a tiny car and Nelson laughs at him and he says "are you laughing at me because I'm in this tiny car? What if it's the only car I can afford?" and he makes Nelson walk down the street with his pants around his ankles and everyones laughing at him! HAHAHA!
Such a merry little jingle that of the loose post rattling around inside the belt buckle. :D