Quantcast

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Ok. Good event coming up tomorrow, finally. Who do you think will win?

I'm hoping Big Nog wins against Cain. I've been watching him for a long damn time.

I'm also hoping Wand wins. Cutting down to 185 should be really good for him if he can do the cut without getting exhausted. I hope he beats Bisping like he used to beat everybody in Pride.
I hope Bisping gets beat and then they restart the fight by accident and then he gets beat again.

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
im glad rothwell dropped, i didnt want either of them to lose. tho i wouldnt be surprised if crocop drops out now that he got cut and stitches the other night

Crocop > Perosh lhk ko 1st rnd

Jardine > Bader decision

Wanderlei Silva > Bisping 2nd rnd ko

big nog > Cain dec

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
One of my buddies is supposed to be putting the fights on a DVD for me to check out. It sounds like they weren't too bad. The card before that sucked so bad, anything will be better than that.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Just read the story on the fights... I thought Jardine was going to get a win over Bader. I've never been overly impressed by Jardine, but he has way more experience than Bader does. Crazy.

Sounds like Bisping held his own... I expected/wanted him to get KTFO.

Nog/Cain... About what I expected. Cain is a powerful dude, but he won't last against Mir (especially if Mir keeps getting putting on muscle like he has been) and if Lesnar comes back he wont last against him either.

Joe vs george... meh.

Crocop vs Who the fuk is Perosh?

BillT

Monkey
I watched the fights...

CroCop looked good- very crisp striking, but I think he should have been able to put the guy away sooner.

Silva looked very good - he maybe got hit with 1 shot that did any damage and was about 10 seconds away from putting Bisping away with a guillotine in the 2nd and another 10 seconds away from a ref stoppage/tko at the end of the 3rd. I found it amusing that Bisping thought he won the fight.

Cain has very, very fast hands. I thought that the stoppage was maybe a hair to early given Nog's legacy, but the downside is that if wasn't too early of a stoppage, a couple more big fists like he was eating from Cain could have caused some serious and unneeded damage.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Amir has wicked leg kicks and front kicks. He does some serious damage with those. Considering he's only been a pro for a year, he's pretty impressive. CB Dolloway was supposed to be the next bad ass and he got beat twice by Amir with the same arm bar.
He has a LONG way to go. His standup is improving and his submissions are pretty good in a pinch, but there are a lot of people in the division that would outclass him pretty badly, Thiago, Johnson, Serra, GSP, Hughes, Swick, just to name a few.

Id like to see him tested against Saunders... I don't think he'd win, but they are going to start putting him in harder fights soon I'm sure.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I'm not that impressed with Amir yet either. He just seems like a tenderizer. No real power, just softens the guys up. He need some real competition. Put him up against dustin hazellette if they're in the same weight class.

man, Sotiropoulos was impressive as hell.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Yeah, this season is off to a great start. The fighters are all so much better than the season before.
Noke was for real. He looked super calm and smooth with his subs.

Yager looks pretty serious too. His hair rocks.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
so damn good fights so far this year...
Agreed. This will be a good season. These little guys don't get tired in 2-3 rounds like the bigger dudes do. That's what gets me about the TUF fights. It's 1 round of guys trying to finish, then 1-2 more rounds of completely gassed pieces dudes that can barely stand.

Also there's so many good talent that's been up-tapped so they are getting the cream of the crop here. Win or no, we'll be seeing these guys in the UFC in the next few years.