Quantcast

The "wherethefuckdoesthisbelonganyway" thread

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Was tempted to start a "America as a third world nation" thread.

It would be a total SHOCK if they determined this was in part due to states enacting more and more onerous anti-abortion laws. :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was tempted to start a "America as a third world nation" thread.

I have been tempted to do this for a while. There are a whole bunch of statistics where the USA ranks well below several 3rd world countries. Although it speaks less to the US being a third world country and more to the fact that the US is a two tiered system and one of them is third world.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have been tempted to do this for a while. There are a whole bunch of statistics where the USA ranks well below several 3rd world countries. Although it speaks less to the US being a third world country and more to the fact that the US is a two tiered system and one of them is third world.
13 years ahead of you

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
13 years ahead of you

I'd thought about putting it there too, buy maternity death rates seem much more third-worldy to me than ever increasing income inequality.

Which I recognize is also a pretty good third-world indicator.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Well. There’s a story making the rounds that shows a California man telling Florida man to hold his beer. Dude took a severed leg from the scene of a train accident and was recorded sniffing/eating it. Google at your own risk.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

A website promising its AI service can accurately scan pictures of penises for signs of sexually transmitted infections is earning the ire of healthcare advocates and digital privacy experts, among many other critics.