Quantcast

This anti war protestor (hippie) got it.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Ah hahahahaha!

Hippies....:p
That's pretty cool the way you celebrate the injury of others. Sweet on ya.

I could see you believing the injury was justified, but taking pleasure in it? That's pathetic, bro.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
the law.
Which ones?

I can think of a couple of rights that were being exercised... what laws were being broken?

Also, are you implying that guilt by association is alright in your book?

edit: this definitely needs to be moved to the political forum.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by ohio
edit: and what makes it obvious she took the protesting too far? Because she got shot, she obviously was doing something wrong? That's like saying a victim of a stray bullet in a drive-by obviously deserved what they got, just because they were in a ghetto and knew it was dangerous when they went there.
Thats not the point, the protesters were ASKED to clear a path for cars/trucks not block, enterances, then abuse was taking on the police force. She was doing something wrong, because when she was asked to leave(as in the whole group) they refused to. That is why force was used and with all the mayhem in San Francisco I sure the police didn't want that BS to happen again. She should have left when she was first asked to. You can't compare this to a stray bullit on a drive by. Unless a car full of gangsters drive up first and ask everyone to leave and say, if they aren't in a gang please leave cause were going to start shooting in a few moments.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
How about being on private property.
I believe they were just in front of it. Not on it.

As for a crowd leaving when asked to... more easily said than done. Messages aren't communicated quickly or accurately through crowds, and moving that much traffic takes time. That they wouldn't leave was NOT the reason she got shot. That SOME of the protesters turned violent IS the reason she got shot. There is no reason to believe that this woman was one of the violent ones, or that she wasn't trying to leave once the crowd turned nasty. Any of that would be purely speculative.

I find it ridiculous that some people are actually celebrating the fact that this woman got shot in the face, when for all they know she was doing her best to get her ass out of a burning building.

No it wasn't the smartest/safest place to be. Did she deserve to get shot in the face? How the hell would we know?

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
i agree with ohio, regardless of the reason why, it's sick and twisted to revel in someone else's pain. sound like Brian HCM and Burly Surly would fit in real well with the torturers in Saddam Hussein's secret police. you both really make me sick. you cry freedom and then commend the actions of a police state.

ben.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Can we help it if some people like to catch riot rounds with their face? I am for the hippies' right to catch such rounds when ever they take it upon themselves to block traffic or the flow of commerce.

It's like choosing to stick your finger on a hot stove burner then getting all upset when you get burned... Your actions have concequences...

:thumb:

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Well let's see.
They were blocking a public road. - illegal
They refused to disperese when told to do so. - illegal
They threw rocks, bottles, bolts and railroad spikes at cops. - illegal
They were blocking delivery of supplies that were headed for our troops. - illegal, morally reprehensible, and tantamount to giving aid and comfor to the enemy

Am I glad this chick took a less-lethal round in the face? No. Was it justified. Yes. Was it by and large her fault? Absolutely.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Damn True
Well let's see.
They were blocking delivery of supplies that were headed for our troops. - illegal, morally reprehensible, and tantamount to giving aid and comfor to the enemy

Am I glad this chick took a less-lethal round in the face? No. Was it justified. Yes. Was it by and large her fault? Absolutely.
OK... I'll give you the fact that she was blocking a road and refused to disperse. Do you REALLY think that SHE threw bottles?
Or was she with a group of people where some guy threw a bottle? And if so... did she really need to get pegged?

Heck... As part of Critical Mass, I did most of the above. Should I have been shot?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Hey, if you don't want to incur the consequences of an action, don't do it or associate yourself with those that do. You are judged by the company you keep. Hence the term "accessory".

Additionaly,
She had the opportunity to not show up that day.
She had the opportunity to leave when the cops told her to do so.
She had the opportunity to leave when the others (if she was not one of them) started assaulting the cops.

She chose none of the above.

The impact on her face is clearly from the front. Which indicates she was not attempting to leave when she got hit. It dosen't take a genius to figure out that she was part of the problem.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by Ranger

I have been shot with wax bullets, the baton rounds, the rubber pellets (those REALLY sucked), and been exposed to tear gas and been sprayed with pepper spray.

....hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ;)

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA

She had the opportunity to leave when the others (if she was not one of them) started assaulting the cops.

The impact on her face is clearly from the front. Which indicates she was not attempting to leave when she got hit. It dosen't take a genius to figure out that she was part of the problem.
depending on the size and density of the crowd, leaving may not have been an option. She may not have even been aware of the cops.

The last statement is wrong. The impact is on the side and back of her jowls and neck. Judging from the swelling and scrapes, it glanced the neck, hit on the backside of her jaw, and scraped across the side of it as it ricocheted away. That allows for a multitude of positions, none of which indicate she was facing the police. Much more plausible, she could have been turning to run, or she could have been running and looking back over her shoulder.

edit: I should add I know nothing about ballistics and made all of that up. I just thought it was silly that True thought it was so "clear" that she was facing the cops.

edit 2: PLUS, she's way to cute (minus the unsightly wound) to be "part of the problem." Hot chicks are never part of the problem.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Um its from a news site. its an original photo, I have seen it in many places. It was a rubber bullet.

Originally posted by Ranger
Servus!

Hate to break it to you but this picture is obviously photoshopped. The shadowing on her cheek is dodged an burned into oblivion and the injuries have serious pixelation around the edges under magnification. To have caused a welt that large would have bruised her severely and easily broken her jaw.

BTW - part of riot control training in the military is having things that you would use against a crowd - used against you.

I have been shot with wax bullets, the baton rounds, the rubber pellets (those REALLY sucked), and been exposed to tear gas and been sprayed with pepper spray.

None of the non-lethal rounds will cause such a wound - I know.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Add to that list protesting without a permit.

Well let's see.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
depending on the size and density of the crowd, leaving may not have been an option. She may not have even been aware of the cops.

The last statement is wrong. The impact is on the side and back of her jowls and neck. Judging from the swelling and scrapes, it glanced the neck, hit on the backside of her jaw, and scraped across the side of it as it ricocheted away. That allows for a multitude of positions, none of which indicate she was facing the police. Much more plausible, she could have been turning to run, or she could have been running and looking back over her shoulder.

edit: I should add I know nothing about ballistics and made all of that up. I just thought it was silly that True thought it was so "clear" that she was facing the cops.

edit 2: PLUS, she's way to cute (minus the unsightly wound) to be "part of the problem." Hot chicks are never part of the problem.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by patconnole
Are you serious?
yes, i am. I have had enough with retarded protestors lately. They deserve everything they get.

They had no protest permit, yes did it anyways, then refused to leave WHILE on private property. Rubber bullets sound good to me.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Transcend
Rubber bullets sound good to me.
I feel like some shots could have been fired into the air, or just blank rounds discharged (this may have occured, but I didn't hear anything indicating it). Crowd would have cleared quickly. Civilians puss out and run like scared rabbits at the sound of gunfire. They would have done enough injury to each other, just trampling the crap out of their brethren, that actually shooting them probably would have been redundant.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I feel like some shots could have been fired into the air, or just blank rounds discharged (this may have occured, but I didn't hear anything indicating it). Crowd would have cleared quickly. Civilians puss out and run like scared rabbits at the sound of gunfire. They would have done enough injury to each other, just trampling the crap out of their brethren, that actually shooting them probably would have been redundant.
Although I do agree with you on that one, the point is it isnt a deterrent. Oh they only fired shots into the air, lets go back tomorrow. They have to prove they will use force to get people to understand.

edit: like most kids. Tell them to stop they don't. Spank them and they get the point. Liberals who will complain you shouldn't spank your kid, please go away. I was spanked plenty (PLENTY, wow was i a pain in the ass) and I turned out great. :D

Let's be honest, some of those protesters have awful thick heads, and are close to being extremists.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
don't look now but I think there is a hippy or two among us.....

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Hey, if you don't want to incur the consequences of an action, don't do it or associate yourself with those that do. You are judged by the company you keep. Hence the term "accessory".

Additionaly,
She had the opportunity to not show up that day.

Again... If I were in Critical Mass, and they asked me to go home or get out of the streets, and I didn't, and some guy way in the back threw a bottle, then I deserve to get shot with one of those things?

The only reason that you guys are against this girl is because you are against her cause.:rolleyes:

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

In the news-cast they did on this, you see everyone running away from the cops as they continue to pump rounds at them.
A LOT of people got hit in the back... including some dock workers that were just trying to get to work.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by -BB-
Again... If I were in Critical Mass, and they asked me to go home or get out of the streets, and I didn't, and some guy way in the back threw a bottle, then I deserve to get shot with one of those things?

The only reason that you guys are against this girl is because you are against her cause.:rolleyes:
If you were blocking traffic and important good that needed to be delivered in my city? Hell yes. Critical mass is ILLEGAL. Deal with it.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by scofflaw23
i agree with ohio, regardless of the reason why, it's sick and twisted to revel in someone else's pain. sound like Brian HCM and Burly Surly would fit in real well with the torturers in Saddam Hussein's secret police. you both really make me sick. you cry freedom and then commend the actions of a police state.

ben.
You really need to get a clue, she got what she deserved, when you play with fire expect to get burned. She HAD the choice to protest, so in doing that with recent issues with protestors I'm sure she knew the possible concequenses. I'm glad to see your in full support of our troops. I have several friend in law enforcement, and you should see the BS they have to deal with in todays society, it would blow your minds if you heard the non tree hugger news side of the story. They never say what drove them to that point. I'm not saying all police are perfect angles, but you wouldn't believe the BS they have to put up with.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

If you were asked to leave and didn't because of your cause? Then yes, you are fair game.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
If you were asked to leave and didn't because of your cause? Then yes, you are fair game.
Where is our freedom to assemble then?
Isn't it a constitutional right?

How do you feel about this:
http://www.my-homeschooling-place.com/forums/politics/posts/99.html

Bet it pisses you off, huh?

SO we are free to assemble as long as we are doing it in a PRO-government way? But as soon as you start to critisize, then your rights are gone?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Where is our freedom to assemble then?
Isn't it a constitutional right?

How do you feel about this:
http://www.my-homeschooling-place.com/forums/politics/posts/99.html

Bet it pisses you off, huh?

SO we are free to assemble as long as we are doing it in a PRO-government way? But as soon as you start to critisize, then your rights are gone?
I don't care about the protestors, just please don't stop me or slow me down with the things I'm doing. If a group wants to protest in an orderly fashon, not cause traffic congestion or riot, then who cares. And yes it did piss me off to read that.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I don't care about the protestors, just please don't stop me or slow me down with the things I'm doing. If a group wants to protest in an orderly fashon, not cause traffic congestion or riot, then who cares. And yes it did piss me off to read that.
Exactly!!

Now I believe that Sadam was a VERY bad guy, and that less people (civilians) probably died in this war, than Sadam kills in hte average year...
I believe that a US invasion was probably the only way that sadam could be eliminated...
I am FOR our troops, For the removal of Sadam, For the war... But I am also FOR the right of these people to protest, even if it inconveniences some people... I am also for the arrest of these protestors when they chain themselves and block traffic.
I am NOT for the police using violence against protestors in an indescriminant way. You want to get them away? Fire Tear-gas, and they will RUN. Fire some shots in the air!!

DO NOT shoot people in the back with a wooden bullet as they are trying to run away.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Exactly!!

Now I believe that Sadam was a VERY bad guy, and that less people (civilians) probably died in this war, than Sadam kills in hte average year...
I believe that a US invasion was probably the only way that sadam could be eliminated...
I am FOR our troops, For the removal of Sadam, For the war... But I am also FOR the right of these people to protest, even if it inconveniences some people... I am also for the arrest of these protestors when they chain themselves and block traffic.
I am NOT for the police using violence against protestors in an indescriminant way. You want to get them away? Fire Tear-gas, and they will RUN. Fire some shots in the air!!

DO NOT shoot people in the back with a wooden bullet as they are trying to run away.
Do we have a change of heart?

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Do we have a change of heart?
Not at all...
I have never been against the war, and did not participate in a single protest.

I do not, however like seeing a pretty girl all messed up like that.

Nothing wrong with a cute hippy chick as long as she shaves her legs/pits and bathes on a regular occasion.
:D;)

w/o that big old WELT, that chick looks pretty hot.