Quantcast

This is what's right with The Industry®

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Looks like filling in the form gets you some sort of answer:

I do like that the new actuator just uses the barrel on the gear cable, rather than needing to cut it.

Filled in the form for the two 185's on our GG trail bikes. Will see what they reply before I do the same again for the two on our XC bikes.
I petition this gets moved to the wrong thread. Zero response to my filling in the form.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Didn't find a better place to post this. Leap Components has integrated a blip and an AXS shifter to have both shifting and dropper action in the same pod:

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I have a never serviced first generation.
I give it a Revive a couple three times a season and it is still flawless.
I signed up, figured I've pushed my luck so far.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Early Rider bikes is definitely what's right.

Nice looking frames with "modern geometry" and a real build kit. The chainstay are shorter than most kids bikes by Trek, Specialized, etc... And the head/seattube angles are closer to a mountain bike rather than a BMX.
They use a Zee derailleur for ground clearance, 10 speed cassette, Deore hydraulics, Ritchey bar/stem/post and knock off Shimano cranks (since Shimano doesn't make any that short). The frame is dropper compatable too.
Sealed bearing pedals that are sized for kids feet and smaller grips too.
Although I don't know anyone who likes RST, this fork is legit. It's tuned for kids and is actually very plush. It feels similar to a Fox or RS.
Compress_20240519_103902_2886.jpg
Compress_20240519_103902_2614.jpg
Compress_20240519_103902_2756.jpg

Compress_20240519_103601_1401.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Real kids' bike option are definitely what's right. I got my daughter a nice aluminum frame bike with a freewheel and v brakes (14") and she's an ace now. The trek bike my son has sucks in comparison.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
On 20"s it's partly because of gears. too short and the chain angle at the extreme can cause constant chain derailment at the chainring.
Now he's mastered it on the Scott. Has he gone back and tried again on the old bike? A wee tip I don't think I ever hear anyone mention in manualing how to guides the is longer the bike is the harder he'll need to pre-load through his legs when initiating the maneuver.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Why do most brands make chainstays in kids bikes longer than their adult 29ers? My son wanted to learn to manual his Specialized Hotrock and it was a royal PITA. He only mastered it after we switched that bike for a Scott Voltage Jr.
I thought it was precisely to stop young kids accidentally looping out or getting too squirrely when yanking on the brakes.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Kona bought back by Dan and Jake, stopping their D2C online sales and heading back to a dealership focussed sales model.

No more BOGO sales, but lower prices and better support in general.