Quantcast

this isn't right, right?

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
yes i can hear it when i ride. yes it's annoying as shit. yes i don't want it like this.
idears?

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Anyway, as You removed the bottom bolt from it, the rebound needle rattles against the damper shaft inner walls.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Anyway, as You removed the bottom bolt from it, the rebound needle rattles against the damper shaft inner walls.
it still rattles with the bolt threaded unless i thread it until it bottoms on the needle, which can't happen when fully assembled because lowers.
i can hear it when i ride. yes i ride with the bottom bolt installed and tightened to spec.
before i took everything apart i could make it rattle by hitting the lowers with the base of my hand.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
it still rattles with the bolt threaded unless i thread it until it bottoms on the needle, which can't happen when fully assembled because lowers.
i can hear it when i ride. yes i ride with the bottom bolt installed and tightened to spec.
before i took everything apart i could make it rattle by hitting the lowers with the base of my hand.

A classic example of not enough shims...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Have you tried hitting yourself away from the bike/part to make sure it's not you?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
If you think this

is bad......

There's a whole world of pre 2004 Norco that would assplode your head

I do like the saddle angle on this though. You know. For climbing. Like chris porter's zipcodemobile
they took all the bad parts of a spesh big hit and foes DHS mono and made it into a single abomination. that takes skill. or meth. probably meth.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
Well, the thread at the rebound needle end should hold it together... My suggestion would be taking the whole unit apart and checking it the rebound needle thread is not stripped (or if the needle is not unscrewed totally) or the o-ring is not damaged. While assembling it, put a lot of grease between the shaft and the needle too. 1 more thing that comes to my mind is, that maybe You ride without the rebound knob installed? It makes the needle centered, therefore should help with the rattling.

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
1 more thing, vid is not HD so I can't see, but it looks like You are missing the wave spring behind the check shim...

That would sound exactly like in the vid, as the check shim has a little bit of float.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That bike was actually pretty good (the one I had, not any of that boxy crap). Just flexy as shit because Canadians didn't turn back then. Locking up brakes and running into trees was all the rage in America's hat. As well documented in any video from the period.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That bike was actually pretty good (the one I had, not any of that boxy crap). Just flexy as shit because Canadians didn't turn back then. Locking up brakes and running into trees was all the rage in America's hat. As well documented in any video from the period.
And hucking to flat? Rectilinear riding was all the rage.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Guys, I think he's trying to tap out some sort of distress signal! Quick-who knows Morse code?!