Quantcast

** Thursday GMT **

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What's up, party people?
killer ski day yesterday, well, some deadly breakable crusts in sunny places, so we stuck to the shade. I sure wish trails would STAY dry down here.

Also, it's garbage day. I KNOW, RIGHT???!?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

More fancy cutting tools acquired. Now it's time to plan building a work bench.

Child seems to be entering into the terrible twos early. So many emotions, such an inability to communicate them. At least her default response (at the moment) is to go somewhere and lay face down instead of rampaging.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mother Nature is teabagging us lately. Rain is in the forecast for the next week.

I slept in this morning then hit the rail trail for a five mile run on this WFH day. Got some VO2 max intervals to do on the kickr later.

The only meat I've got in the fridge right now is ground turkey and I am not feeling that for dinner tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Girlfriend's father has pneumonia and he apparently fell again this morning. Sounds like the assisted living place he lives in is having trouble getting the proper antibiotics as well.

The hospital discharged him yesterday at 3:30am saying it was a UTI. Then magically called shortly after that, actually no, it's pneumonia.

What a crapshow.

Hoping for a bike ride tonight.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Girlfriend's father has pneumonia and he apparently fell again this morning. Sounds like the assisted living place he lives in is having trouble getting the proper antibiotics as well.

The hospital discharged him yesterday at 3:30am saying it was a UTI. Then magically called shortly after that, actually no, it's pneumonia.

What a crapshow.

Hoping for a bike ride tonight.
And he's back on the way to the hospital. If he's going to be there for a few days while they work on his oxygen and IV meds, hopefully they can give him a proper bed and not keep him in the choatic ER.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Child seems to be entering into the terrible twos early. So many emotions, such an inability to communicate them.
You know what might help with this?
one or two more will help. do it!

/me feels kinda unwell today. some viral schmutz. short staffed day so not calling in sick proper but wfh on outpatient CT + doing liver conference at noon. may sneak in a nap at some point(s).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Waiting for new cog, sprocket, and kart stand for Haley so that I can work on it tonight. Need to swap those and change the oil for this weekend.

Hannah accidentally kneed my elbow last night, effectively knocking one of my stitches out and making the other very loose, so I just cut them out. They were supposed to come out today, so no concerns. It did re-bruise and is swollen like a mofo, which sucks.

Got all my CFP stuff submitted, so now I'm just waiting for my score on the cap stone assignment. I get to drop another $2k today for my exam prep course, which is awesome. But it's the one with the highest pass rate, so... Yeah. The total cost for this thing is substantial enough that my boss has a really big raise to come up with or I'm out. Because a job that takes advantage of it should pay for it within a year.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Last ride in Sedona. Getting a little tired. Not much from the riding, more the vanlifing. It ain't what it used to be. Dreading going to Moab and Fruita.
That is all ya'll.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Last ride in Sedona. Getting a little tired. Not much from the riding, more the vanlifing. It ain't what it used to be. Dreading going to Moab and Fruita.
That is all ya'll.
Because of vanlife itself......or the other vanlifers?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey gang!

Short workout this morning as I get back up to speed. Over unders. Fun. Wanted to ride into work but is supposed to rain during "go home" time. Maybe tomorrow.

Thinking about buying a new lawnmower. We have a weird yard that is too tight for a ride-on, but too big for my 21" Honda. Thinking about a Toro timemaster or Cub Cadet 33....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Bagel with Lox and espresso for breakfast, didn't feel like walking 5ft to the baggie drawer to get a zip-loc out, so I had the whole 6oz package of lox in one go, with a little bagel seasoning sprinkled on top. Highly recommended, going to attend Costco this weekend and acquire an industrial quantity of lox.

Now to clean my desk off, FTS

hey gang!

Short workout this morning as I get back up to speed. Over unders. Fun. Wanted to ride into work but is supposed to rain during "go home" time. Maybe tomorrow.

Thinking about buying a new lawnmower. We have a weird yard that is too tight for a ride-on, but too big for my 21" Honda. Thinking about a Toro timemaster or Cub Cadet 33....
Mow less lawn.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
hour before closing any day of the week, really
Man I wish, not here. Costco's around Toronto have people friggin' curb hopping their mall crawlers to be there at opening and the madness doesn't stop until they close.

I made the mistake a few weeks ago of going into to grab one chicken after work. Never again. The way people were driving on the wrong side of the road in the parking lot and just scrambling over nothing, you'd think the world was shutting down again tomorrow. :rofl:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Sell high - those proceeds will buy a LOT of hotel rooms. :homer:
It's being discussed...

Because of vanlife itself......or the other vanlifers?
Bluntly, vanlife is killing vanlife. We used to be able to sleep at all trailheads in the past. Now they are all 'no overnight parking' it's a 20 minutes drive out of Sedona each night to have access to disperse camping.

Sedona to Moab to Fruita. Man you’re a glutton for crowds.
You sir are correct. Moab might get skipped. Have to do Fruita since it's our 20th anniversary and first ride in the desert was on Mary's Loop. Will give Cedar City, Richfield and Salida a try.

No Washington plated vehicles spotted to give appropriate hand signals to @boostindoubles

Going to look for Quebec plated Sprinter to wave at @Jozz next.
We're spending the night in Flagstaff... :rolleyes: