Quantcast

~~~~~~Thursday GTM ………………

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just went to a faaaancy Sushi joint for kiddo’s 16th. (Someone gave my wife a $300 gift card)
Saw lots of the new generation JH wealthy. Botox, fake tits, shoes with tassels on a rainy evening.
The waitress commented “it looks like you guys actually live here”, and it was definitely a sly compliment. Maybe because we were actually really nice and appreciative. (And kiddo at least wearing a hoodie, thanks a LOT, John Fetterman)
Amazing food and decor…but we won’t go there on our own dime.

1695354544281.jpeg

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just went to a faaaancy Sushi joint for kiddo’s 16th. (Someone gave my wife a $300 gift card)
Saw lots of the new generation JH wealthy. Botox, fake tits, shoes with tassels on a rainy evening.
The waitress commented “it looks like you guys actually live here”, and it was definitely a sly compliment. Maybe because we were actually really nice and appreciative. (And kiddo at least wearing a hoodie, thanks a LOT, John Fetterman)
Amazing food and decor…but we won’t go there on our own dime.

View attachment 200899
How busy is that joint? Think I could take a dump in that planter and get out before anyone notices?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Raw fish dinner in the armpit of the Rocky Mtns? Damn you brave Wendell. Must be the thumb meds. Just cause it's free doesn't mean you wont get sick as fuck.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Speaking of raw seafood...just happened to be driving past our favorite place for oysters this afternoon...guess we're gonna have to find another place...
1695358550173.jpeg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
It’s funny, way back, there was this thought that seafood on the coast would be fresher, having never been frozen. But how it used to work is that the catch would come in around 2:00 am. Brought to regional markets at 4:00 AM. Purchased by 10/ or whatever. Then distributed to regional centers, put in refrigerated trucks, and, in a perfect world, delivered to restaurants by dinner service. Often after a few transfers, of questionable refrigeration chain of custody.
(and just as often, the following day).
It’s not like the chef was out fishing, and brought his haul in.
That’s how people got sick.
And this is still how it’s done in many coastal cities around the world.
The freshest fish is either prepared within a few hours of being caught, or actually frozen on the processing boats, and Fed-exed.
There was often higher quality fish being served in Telluride or Aspen in the ‘80s than in San Francisco or Seattle.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
the sickest I ever got in Peru was from Trout Ceviche at 12,000 feet.
Hot tip: never order the ceviche on the street after 4:00 pm no matter how drunk you are.
Yeah ceviche is nasty, I've been offered it out of tupperware in orchards way too many times. Or dipped a chip into what I thought was pico de gallo only to get a bunch of warm unidentifiable ocean meat.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Yeah ceviche is nasty, I've been offered it out of tupperware in orchards way too many times. Or dipped a chip into what I thought was pico de gallo only to get a bunch of warm unidentifiable ocean meat.
Non, no, no, true Peruvian ceviche is FUCKING AMAZING. (Not freshwater trout inland). One of the best foods in the world.
Whatever the Mexicans think they are making is garbage.