Quantcast

!@#$%Thursdaygmt%$#@×+

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Just remembered there's a world cup ski race this weekend at squaw palisades

this is gonna be the royal shitshow of all shitshows of a weekend

I may just walk around the streets burning piles of cars with a camera.

332504097_595215052143890_8818026334732608667_n.jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
quiet, serene, pleasant......things that have no place in california mountain towns

at least that's what I assume it's going to be like once every highway's been shut down for 4 days and the power goes out for several more
Ride your snowmobile through town

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh hell yeah. Water just started coming up through the floor in the bedroom. Shut off the house supply and it stopped. Looked in the crawlspace and nothing wet. Turned the supply back on and the floor started delivering again.

Burst pipe shooting straight up at the subfloor!

#winning!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Went to a great presentation tonight by the longest ever ‘Winterkeeper’ in Yellowstone, Steven Fuller. 50 years of truly incredible photography and stories, really neat presentation. Depressing at the end regarding the climatic changes we will see in the next 50 years, but oh, well.
Guy has lived an amazing life.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Oh hell yeah. Water just started coming up through the floor in the bedroom. Shut off the house supply and it stopped. Looked in the crawlspace and nothing wet. Turned the supply back on and the floor started delivering again.

Burst pipe shooting straight up at the subfloor!

#winning!

thank god I used to brew beer........three bigass boilin pots full of melted snow, beautiful clean asthma assisting gas fuel for the heat and stoves for when the power inevitably goes out, already pissed outside to save the toilet water for the morning shit....

at least brian is enjoying monkies in japan. I'll sleep well knowing that.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
thank god I used to brew beer........three bigass boilin pots full of melted snow, beautiful clean asthma assisting gas fuel for the heat and stoves for when the power inevitably goes out, already pissed outside to save the toilet water for the morning shit....

fix the burst pipe with plumbers putty and gorilla tape?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Good to know!

Anyways 50's copper pipe is as good as todays copper pipe. If it's a pinhole leak in the middle of the pipe, it could be caused by electrolysis (dissimilar metals) and that source needs to be found or it can happen elsewhere, if its at a solder joint, just replace that section and you'll be good to go. If you fix it yourself, don't use sharkbites, if you do its more of a bandaid and would correctly fix it once you're not too scared to work under the house. Yep, still keep my C36 license active

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think this is when renting is better than owning the house?
there are no rentals here

all air bnbs now

so much to my surprise there is no pipe where the water is coming up. That leaves the only option as the mother of all ice dams leaking water further over the living space. I clear the eaves so that must have pushed the dam up. So a soaked wall and mold mitigation looks like phase 2

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

all air bnbs now

so much to my surprise there is no pipe where the water is coming up. That leaves the only option as the mother of all ice dams leaking water further over the living space. I clear the eaves so that must have pushed the dam up. So a soaked wall and mold mitigation looks like phase 2
airbnbn = kill list.

i still use vrbo

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

all air bnbs now

This stuff works great for melting ice off of roofs.

Also does a great job of rusting any steel near the roof such as the nails holding the roof on the house.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This stuff works great for melting ice off of roofs.

Also does a great job of rusting any steel near the roof such as the nails holding the roof on the house.

heh

I just put a zipperline of those where I think the backup starts

agreed