Quantcast

>>>Thursderpage GMT<<<

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holy Lord liftin'. - 16°F, - 35 with the wind. I don't know what to do with the boys. If I didn't still have this cold that has an ocean of liquid sloshing around in my sinuses, I might have gotten the boys outside for a bit, to a pool or a trampoline park. But as it stands, I'm a total wimp. Maybe a movie?

@canadmos has chosen a good week to drive south.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hiya kids! Apparently the cold weather is keeping people away from the INDOOR pool. WTF it was empty this morning. I had eight lanes to myself. I got 2400 yards done. Speaking of cold, I am too much of a pussy to run outside when the wind chill is -20, so I'll be hitting the treadmill after work. Also, my twice-repaired left knee really, really does not like being cold.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
4F outside when I woke up, not bad for late December. I think I'll try the new skis a bit, then a short ride later. Gonna be too cold for my delicate private parts! :D

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

The highway was jammed with broken heroes on a last-chance power drive for today's commute. It's a beautiful morning out there...a little cold, but not like what a large portion of the country is dealing with. Stay warm, peeps.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I spent it eating bacon and watching kung-fu movies. Topped it off with a prime rib and hip-sprints. This must be what it's like to be wealthy and carefree.

Y'all go be cool Steve McQueen's out there....there's plenty of eggs for everyone.

Good Morning!!

The highway was jammed with broken heroes on a last-chance power drive for today's commute. It's a beautiful morning out there...a little cold, but not like what a large portion of the country is dealing with. Stay warm, peeps.

Yesterday was my birthday, and I spent it eating bacon and watching kung-fu movies. Topped it off with a prime rib and hip-sprints. This must be what it's like to be wealthy and carefree.

Y'all go be cool Steve McQueen's out there....there's plenty of eggs for everyone.
HBD, yo!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

When I got home last night, the boy said "it sounds like my back brakes are grinding." Likely because you never replaced the right rear brake pads I bought for it after I replaced the left rear. The fronts are also shot. I was able to get the rear swapped out in the dark in the cold ready to choke this dude. I will attempt to do the fronts tonight, he drove the wifes car to work last night. It is a little concerning that he seems this immature and irresponsible at his age.

I know our lives have taken different routes and I don't expect him to be in the same place as I was at his age, but honestly I thought he would be a hell of a lot father than he is. He started strong (moved out at 18, solid work ethic and work history), but now that Lil Man is here, its almost like he's phoning it in, or given up. He will have been home for a year in April and I didn't anticipate him being here this long and if he doesn't pass his drivers course in July, I don't know what to do next.

I know folks who are WAY worse off, but that isn't all that comforting, either. :rofl:

/oldmanrant

FTS Friday is in full swing, lets call it a day already.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Still dragging ass. At least I got my Christmas break photos done and went out to get Thai food last night. I brought home food for my long shift today and for lunch tomorrow.

Drunken noodles at Thai mild == winning.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning. Cold. This coming storm is supposed to be a big one. We will see what happens. Hopefully it isn't too terrible as I am supposed to go on a damage hunt Wednesday. I am also in need of replacing the parking brake cable on the Dodge, as well as a ujoint. So hopefully we get a small break in the weather doesn't that.

Also took on two more custom jobs on some rifles. One a 300 wmag browning safari 2, should be a fun one, and 22-250 Savage axis 2. Let's see if we can build some ammo for these and get them under half a minute!!!!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Looking at my calendar I dont think I will be able to sleep late until April. This makes me sad.
Prolly gonna do happy hour at up slope with the lady tonight then home made pad thai.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Morning. Cold. This coming storm is supposed to be a big one. We will see what happens. Hopefully it isn't too terrible as I am supposed to go on a damage hunt Wednesday. I am also in need of replacing the parking brake cable on the Dodge, as well as a ujoint. So hopefully we get a small break in the weather doesn't that.

Also took on two more custom jobs on some rifles. One a 300 wmag browning safari 2, should be a fun one, and 22-250 Savage axis 2. Let's see if we can build some ammo for these and get them under half a minute!!!!
You have a few guns huh?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Skiing was nice. Not sure if "early season conditions" or "late season conditions", which makes me sad. Large portions of the mountain were still quite bare, but where there was snow, it was pretty good. Saw more people being hauled of the mountain in sleds than I think I've ever seen before, including one guy with a clearly broken arm. :bad: Also some out of control kid wiped out a group of people right in front of the lodge which resulted in a mass casualty triage. Hope his parents have good insurance. :o

good Sauerkraut
oxymoron

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
You have a few guns huh?
While that is a true statement.......
These are not mine. I develop custom hand loads for others on the side. They tell me what they want it to do, and what the primary use is, then leave the rifle with me. The process starts with a full clean and scrub/inspection, possibly remounting/updating optics, depending on the rifle it may involve some custom work to the bolt(bolt facing, bolt lapping) and trigger work, but most of all..... It's researching the best powder to go with the chosen projectile that was discussed as appropriate for the intended application, then a bunch of trips to the range to find the best powder load, and best c.o.a.l for the job..... Then home to put together a minimum order of 100 rounds.

It also included an appropriate distance zero, and chronograph print out

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
While that is a true statement.......
These are not mine. I develop custom hand loads for others on the side. They tell me what they want it to do, and what the primary use is, then leave the rifle with me. The process starts with a full clean and scrub/inspection, possibly remounting/updating optics, depending on the rifle it may involve some custom work to the bolt(bolt facing, bolt lapping) and trigger work, but most of all..... It's researching the best powder to go with the chosen projectile that was discussed as appropriate for the intended application, then a bunch of trips to the range to find the best powder load, and best c.o.a.l for the job..... Then home to put together a minimum order of 100 rounds.

It also included an appropriate distance zero, and chronograph print out
All the stuff my Brother thinks he knows. You actually do. I am on board with your firearms fetish... Just kidding....

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Gosh, these days off are not going as planned, but as expected:

Rotten sleep due to sick and fitful sleep for the kids, unable to get moving until almost nap time, once out one or both kids revolt on the plan, back home, kids won’t eat, fight over which show to watch before nap, half hearted attempt for later pm outing, every garbage can in the house is filled with snot-heavy Kleenex, afternoon drinking, eating leftovers, playing with slot cars, fighting over bedtime, veg-ing in front of Netflix, crappy sleep, repeat.

It’s exhausting in its way.

That new Sentinel piques my curiosity. Shorter travel with bigger wheels would probably work well on 90% of the trails I ride these days.

Also, fingers are still very sprained.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
All the stuff my Brother thinks he knows. You actually do. I am on board with your firearms fetish... Just kidding....
The actual science behind it is amazing. To give you an idea, I am working a new load up for my own 30 06, I have 15 loaded starting with 52g to 54g of h414. I want to use h4350, but I just happen to have three pounds of the h414. Oh btw these will be the 178 eldx, loaded in match grade brass with cci primers

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
That new Sentinel piques my curiosity. Shorter travel with bigger wheels would probably work well on 90% of the trails I ride these days.

Also, fingers are still very sprained.
I have been looking at Sentinel too, as well and the Smuggler. I can get a steal on an almost new kitted out Smuggler that is set at 120 rear 150 front boost. Worried that it may be under gunned in Pisgah though. And weight, they are heavy frames and why no dentist carbon available?

Anybody on these webs have a newer Tranny with the SBG?

Last edited:

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Sorry to hear that Ken. That's really shitty.

I've just settled in to my recliner at the theatre to watch Star Wars. Alone. I love going to the movies alone. No kids. No wife. No hassle trying to find two or more seats together. Just peace.